Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 46 Boone County 40 OT

Featured Replies

Fianl from the 1st game of day 2 of the State Farm Holiday Classic at Conner High School has Highlands beating Boone Cty 46 to 40 in overtime.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fianl from the 1st game of day 2 of the State Farm Holiday Classic at Conner High School has Highlands beating Boone Cty 46 to 40 in overtime.

 

Nice win for the Birds. Congrats.

Birds gutted this one out at the end. Great effort and it was good to see the Birds win a close one.

 

Saw something today that is troubling if you a BC administrator. The BC coaches erupted after a call (dont know why) and were basically headed to mid-court to argue and a fan from the stands shouted to sit down and the man coach yelled back at the fan to "shut up". :eek:

 

Didnt this same coach go into the stands last yr after a fan?

 

I believe some of these coaches have forgotten why they are in the positions they are in. They should be leading and setting good examples for our young student/athletes. JMO

Birds gutted this one out at the end. Great effort and it was good to see the Birds win a close one.

 

Saw something today that is troubling if you a BC administrator. The BC coaches erupted after a call (dont know why) and were basically headed to mid-court to argue and a fan from the stands shouted to sit down and the man coach yelled back at the fan to "shut up". :eek:

 

Didnt this same coach go into the stands last yr after a fan?

 

I believe some of these coaches have forgotten why they are in the positions they are in. They should be leading and setting good examples for our young student/athletes. JMO

 

I think that fans are way out of line when screaming things at players/coaches!

 

Why is it okay for the fan to yell at the coach?

I think that fans are way out of line when screaming things at players/coaches!

 

Why is it okay for the fan to yell at the coach?

 

Agreed :thumb:

 

Where in my post did I say it was ok.

Agreed :thumb:

 

Where in my post did I say it was ok.

 

I should have said agree then type what I did. I did not mean to imply you said it was okay.

 

 

I was just adding one of my concerns/opinions that I have when I sit and watch games.

Birds gutted this one out at the end. Great effort and it was good to see the Birds win a close one.

 

Saw something today that is troubling if you a BC administrator. The BC coaches erupted after a call (dont know why) and were basically headed to mid-court to argue and a fan from the stands shouted to sit down and the man coach yelled back at the fan to "shut up". :eek:

 

Didnt this same coach go into the stands last yr after a fan?

 

I believe some of these coaches have forgotten why they are in the positions they are in. They should be leading and setting good examples for our young student/athletes. JMO

 

That is not the only concern the BC administration should have. Earlier this season I was sitting in the bleachers behind the BC bench and I could not believe what we heard. The Lady Rebels head coach that apparently most people praise was dropping the f bomb to her players during timeouts. Personally, I could not believe what we were hearing and how in the world this was acceptable. I don't know the folks personally so I will not pass judgement, however loosing control, running your mouth to fans and cussing out your players doesn't seem to be good leadership nor does it help me think too positively of their staff.

That is not the only concern the BC administration should have. Earlier this season I was sitting in the bleachers behind the BC bench and I could not believe what we heard. The Lady Rebels head coach that apparently most people praise was dropping the f bomb to her players during timeouts. Personally, I could not believe what we were hearing and how in the world this was acceptable. I don't know the folks personally so I will not pass judgement, however loosing control, running your mouth to fans and cussing out your players doesn't seem to be good leadership nor does it help me think too positively of their staff.

 

Who would that be. I bet outside of Boone, not too many. I guess that would make everybody a hater, right! Just sayin!

HHS always are yelling at coaches and players so ot is no surprise to me

Hearing they were yelling at tue BC coaches. The way i know it is the ref called

For a tome pit for boone but coach fookes did not call a time out amd she was arguing

that they did not call a time out when some ignorant fans started yelling for her to sit down and shut up

The one thing i can say is Nell takes alot abuse from fans of other teams and we parents will defemd her

to the max. As far as cursing i have heard alot of coaches cusing from alot of schools until you coach dont judge

HHS always are yelling at coaches and players so ot is no surprise to me

Hearing they were yelling at tue BC coaches. The way i know it is the ref called

For a tome pit for boone but coach fookes did not call a time out amd she was arguing

that they did not call a time out when some ignorant fans started yelling for her to sit down and shut up

The one thing i can say is Nell takes alot abuse from fans of other teams and we parents will defemd her

to the max. As far as cursing i have heard alot of coaches cusing from alot of schools until you coach dont judge

 

That is quite a a way to "defemd" her. I am sure she would appreciate your "defemdness".

 

"The way I know it" was that Vanessa Fisse got fouled shooting a three. The 3 refs couldn't get the number right of the girl from Boone who committed the foul. Asst. Coach for Boone started yelling the wrong girl was at the line, when EVERYONE in the gym knew both who the foul was on and who was at the line. The 3 refs allowed this silly gamesmanship to continue from the Boone bench, while Fisse stood at the line waiting (effectively a "tome pit" without having to use one). As a Boone parent you should be aware that behavior like this will draw the attention of a fan who understands exactly what is going on (not an ignorant one). :jump:

she is respected throughout the state and as for fans yelling at coaches some need to look in the mirror now referees are another matter

HHS always are yelling at coaches and players so ot is no surprise to me

 

 

Hearing they were yelling at tue BC coaches. The way i know it is the ref called

For a tome pit for boone but coach fookes did not call a time out amd she was arguing

that they did not call a time out when some ignorant fans started yelling for her to sit down and shut up

The one thing i can say is Nell takes alot abuse from fans of other teams and we parents will defemd her

to the max. As far as cursing i have heard alot of coaches cusing from alot of schools until you coach dont judge

 

First, how do you know they don't coach?? Second, are you saying its okay to use the F word with high school girls because "you've heard others do it??" Its never okay and I'm as hard core as they come.

 

The original comment was towards the asst coach that told a fan to shut up. Not saying the fan is okay, but it should never be okay for a paid coach to address the fans in that manner.

 

Also, the comments started coming from the stands after they watched the BC coaching staff berate the refs for 2 1/2 qtrs!

 

I probably wouldn't have said anything on here, but didn't like hearing the defense that is stated.

HHS always are yelling at coaches and players so ot is no surprise to me

Hearing they were yelling at tue BC coaches. The way i know it is the ref called

For a tome pit for boone but coach fookes did not call a time out amd she was arguing

that they did not call a time out when some ignorant fans started yelling for her to sit down and shut up

The one thing i can say is Nell takes alot abuse from fans of other teams and we parents will defemd her

to the max. As far as cursing i have heard alot of coaches cusing from alot of schools until you coach dont judge

 

she is respected throughout the state and as for fans yelling at coaches some need to look in the mirror now referees are another matter

 

Being fairly new to high school girls basketball, I found myself going down the same road as many others who say "what a great coach" Mrs Fookes is. I heard the statements, saw her name on a bball court, saw the 700 wins banner and noticed how she has some referees under some kind of trance and I thought, "Wow, she must be some awesome coach and person." Then I asked another very accomplished and respected coach in N KY about her and to my surprise, it was stated to not believe all you hear. They proceeded to try to communicate her "nastiness and lack of class" without being too mean themselves. I can tell you personally that I never buy into the he said, she said stuff, so I never fully accepted what I was told since I didn't have an experience personally myself. However, that night sitting behind the bench, Mrs Fookes lost all benefit of the doubt I was giving her. I can assure you this, my daughters would never play for her unless she changed drastically. We would move out of the district if need be. There is life after basketball and if she can't communicate with passion without all the nasty stuff, then as far as I am concerned she has nothing important to teach my daughter about character, self control, holding yourself to some higher standards and NOT doing something just because everyone else does. I don't hate her and I hope the best for her, I just have no appreciation for her language and "style" and furthermore, I was a little disappointed that wins and accomplishments had become more important than how you teach young ladies to talk. I am certain that every coach I know, would jerk a player out of the game if they used the f bomb in such a way and I am certain most refs would give a technical to a player for saying it. Why Mrs Fookes, or any other coach is able to get away with it is beyond me. Here is whats funny...there are a lot of coaches that may not get all the accolades, banners and courts named after them for wins, but are doing a much better job at teaching class, character and proper English.

Edited by TripleSevens

First, how do you know they don't coach?? Second, are you saying its okay to use the F word with high school girls because "you've heard others do it??" Its never okay and I'm as hard core as they come.

 

The original comment was towards the asst coach that told a fan to shut up. Not saying the fan is okay, but it should never be okay for a paid coach to address the fans in that manner.

 

Also, the comments started coming from the stands after they watched the BC coaching staff berate the refs for 2 1/2 qtrs!

 

I probably wouldn't have said anything on here, but didn't like hearing the defense that is stated.

 

i have seen highlands fans and coaches berate the refs for 4 qts and yes i do come from ft thomas

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.