Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 68 Highlands 38

Featured Replies

BB-13-V-Hglds-DrewBurns1-bgp.jpg

Since I wasn't there I have to ask. What type of mask was he wearing? Full face mask that went from forehead to chin?

 

If so I'm struggling to see how the teeth could cause that.

 

Dear Clyde - Judge and jury of one:

Sorry the attachment isn't larger, but if you click on it, or follow Lucky Charms' instructions you will see that this is a form-fitting ma$k. Drew has been wearing it since recovering from his surgery back in July. He wears it at practice every day for two hours, played open gyms in the summer, and has competed in six games to date. We carry a certificate written by his doctor permitting him to wear it during games. In all those incidents the mask has caused no incident/injury or as much as a scratch to himself or others.

The mask is not a problem.

Edited by Mustang

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brossart is my 1A in the 10th. They have the size to compete with Montgomery Co. and they're more methodical play could pose problems for a more run oriented team.

They have a very solid 5 that is for sure. If Uebel can knock down some treys and Jennings can continue to defend at a high intensity then they will be a tough out. Saunders, Burns and Trentman are 3 players I'd pick in a back alley game all day long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38309[/ATTACH]

 

Dear Clyde - Judge and jury of one:

Sorry the attachment isn't larger, but if you click on it, or follow Lucky Charms' instructions you will see that this is a form-fitting ma$k. Drew has been wearing it since recovering from his surgery back in July. He wears it at practice every day for two hours, played open gyms in the summer, and has competed in six games to date. We carry a certificate written by his doctor permitting him to wear it during games. In all those incidents the mask has caused no incident/injury or as much as a scratch to himself or others.

The mask is not a problem.

 

My friend before you ride Clyde to hard in asking a question, you need to slow down one of your own on BGP's. No where have I seen you do the same thing to him and you know to whom I am speaking.

 

If you are going to call out Clyde, then you need to call out one of your own!

 

Just my .02 cents worth!

Brossart is my 1A in the 10th. They have the size to compete with Montgomery Co. and they're more methodical play could pose problems for a more run oriented team.

 

 

At this point they are my #2 team in the 10th too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38309[/ATTACH]

 

Dear Clyde - Judge and jury of one:

Sorry the attachment isn't larger, but if you click on it, or follow Lucky Charms' instructions you will see that this is a form-fitting ma$k. Drew has been wearing it since recovering from his surgery back in July. He wears it at practice every day for two hours, played open gyms in the summer, and has competed in six games to date. We carry a certificate written by his doctor permitting him to wear it during games. In all those incidents the mask has caused no incident/injury or as much as a scratch to himself or others.

The mask is not a problem.

 

 

Not sure why the "judge and jury of one" comment. I made it very clear that I was not assigning blame to anyone other than POSSIBLY the officials.

 

With that said, thanks for the picture.

The nurse at the hospital certainly ruled out the mouth but she never sees head wounds so I'd probably go with the player's position on it.

 

Her words were unless he was 6 yrs old it wasn't a mouth wound.

 

Hopefully there are no further injuries this year.

My friend before you ride Clyde to hard in asking a question, you need to slow down one of your own on BGP's. No where have I seen you do the same thing to him and you know to whom I am speaking.

 

If you are going to call out Clyde, then you need to call out one of your own!

 

Just my .02 cents worth!

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Amazing after a very surprising result, and an outstanding effort on both sides of the ball by the Mustangs; that 3/4 of this thread is about a kids' protective face mask & the student section?? Highlands just took one of the top teams in NKY to the wire in Dixie, and BB wins by 30 and holds them almost 28 points under their average; how about a congrats to the players & coaches??

 

Personally I'm just happy to see Drew able to play this season after the injury he had to his face, and now whinning about an approved mask, much by folks that weren't even at the game--Weak in my opinion. Just my $ .02's worth. :D

Saw the BB staff tonight at CCH. Had a nice little giddy up in their step after Friday's win.

Congrats to Brossart on the win! Strong, well-coached team.

My friend before you ride Clyde to hard in asking a question, you need to slow down one of your own on BGP's. No where have I seen you do the same thing to him and you know to whom I am speaking.

 

If you are going to call out Clyde, then you need to call out one of your own! Just my .02 cents worth!

 

Not sure what sparked that response, BUT I am not my brother's keeper. He is a big boy and responsible for his posts whether I agree with them or not. I am also one of his toughest critics. I also normally stay in the background until I feel there are things that need to be said, or to defend one of our players or our program if necessary.

 

Clyde and I are mostly close to being on the same page on most issues. I do feel that he occasionally likes to be the conscience of BGP, and sometines thinks himself to be the only person who has the right answer, which is fine and good.

 

I felt that this mask issue was one of those times. He was leaning towards the opinon that the mask was a hazard and that the officials need to take a stronger look at it, etc., etc., Turner's injury is an unfortunate accident. We wish hiim a speedy recovery regardless of how it happened.

Not sure what sparked that response, BUT I am not my brother's keeper. He is a big boy and responsible for his posts whether I agree with them or not. I am also one of his toughest critics. I also normally stay in the background until I feel there are things that need to be said, or to defend one of our players or our program if necessary.

 

Clyde and I are mostly close to being on the same page on most issues. I do feel that he occasionally likes to be the conscience of BGP, and sometines thinks himself to be the only person who has the right answer, which is fine and good.

 

I felt that this mask issue was one of those times. He was leaning towards the opinon that the mask was a hazard and that the officials need to take a stronger look at it, etc., etc., Turner's injury is an unfortunate accident. We wish hiim a speedy recovery regardless of how it happened.

 

A few thoughts:

 

I always find it amusing when the only time people have problems with me voicing an opinion is when they disagree. Mustang says we're close to being on the same page and NOW he's bothered by my having strong opinions and thinking I'm right. By the way, if it's "fine and good" why bring it up?

 

I'll gladly wear the crown of "conscience of BGP." I don't consider that anything other than a compliment.

 

I'll always have a cynical eye when safety is involved.

A few thoughts:

 

I always find it amusing when the only time people have problems with me voicing an opinion is when they disagree. Mustang says we're close to being on the same page and NOW he's bothered by my having strong opinions and thinking I'm right. By the way, if it's "fine and good" why bring it up?

I'll gladly wear the crown of "conscience of BGP." I don't consider that anything other than a compliment.

 

I'll always have a cynical eye when safety is involved.

 

To show that on most issues we agree, but that on this particular issue we disagree.

To show that on most issues we agree, but that on this particular issue we disagree.

 

But what are disagreeing on? I raised the issue of proper equipment (and made it clear that it was not anything against ANY person at BB). I asked the question/made the statement BEFORE I saw a picture of the mask. I still have questions about the size and shape of the injury and how it could be teeth. Seems too perfectly shaped to be from the teeth.

 

Seemed like a fair question to ask.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.