Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheerleading Questions

Featured Replies

If CheerNBHappy is real or not?

 

I feel like a junior in college all over again.

That's what I meant. I didn't know that was part of the requirements.

 

Does the band have to play equally?

 

If a school does their own webcast of games do they have to do equal broadcasts?

 

 

Good question. As a mom, I love what title IX has done for our girls, but like most issues, things have gotten a bit ridiculous.

Went through this at our Title IX review.

 

If cheerleaders cheer 5 games for boys, they must cheer 5 games for girls. If you call it Varsity/JV or red/white, blue/white etc. They must cheer equal amount of games for each squad.

 

Varsity cheers 5 boys games, they must cheer 5 girls games.

That's what I meant. I didn't know that was part of the requirements.

 

Does the band have to play equally?

 

If a school does their own webcast of games do they have to do equal broadcasts?

 

 

In theory, yes and yes.

Title IX has evolved into a joke.

Title IX has evolved into a joke.

 

I wouldn't go that far. I grew up in the pre title IX days. Looking back I can't believe that it was so acceptable to give boy's sports everything, and girls little or nothing.

 

 

Title IX has been an incredibly powerful thing for our young ladies.

 

As i posted earlier, some aspects are a bit ridiculous. I know a coach of a male sport who bought a small refrigerator for his office. He had to take it out because it made his office nicer than the coach of a girls' sport ( who didn't even complain about it).

 

Those things can be a bit exasperating, but it is a small price to pay.

I wouldn't go that far. I grew up in the pre title IX days. Looking back I can't believe that it was so acceptable to give boy's sports everything, and girls little or nothing.

 

 

Title IX has been an incredibly powerful thing for our young ladies.

 

As i posted earlier, some aspects are a bit ridiculous. I know a coach of a male sport who bought a small refrigerator for his office. He had to take it out because it made his office nicer than the coach of a girls' sport ( who didn't even complain about it).

 

Those things can be a bit exasperating, but it is a small price to pay.

 

As did I. You cannot force people to watch sports they do not want to. If they don't watch then revenue is down. Revenue being down means they can't spend as much as sports that have revenue.

 

I spend HOURS in my office because I live an hour away from work. Girls coach lives 5 minutes. I have tv, couch, fridge, microwave, vcr....girls coach has none of that. They wrote us up as a violation. We have 5:30 practice or a game I don't get to go home.

 

 

It is also a joke how some schools just flat out lie. You only have to meet 1 of 3 requirements and I know some don't, but AD is boys basketball coach or football coach so they fudge numbers.

Maybe not germane to the topic at hand.

 

Way back in the day (early 70s) we had cheerleaders at our wrestling meets.

 

It did get old listening to "Take him dow, break him dow, roll him over and pin him" over and over.

My daughter cheered her freshman year at NewCath, there is no JV squad, varsity only. That being said, they only cheer boy's and girl's home varsity basketball games. If they go to All "A" State or to the Sweet 16 then they will cheer those games. They cheer at all football games.

The only thing they ask on title IX is if the cheerleaders cheer for both teams equally.

Cheerleaders are considered, at this point, "Support Personel" for the Athletic Teams such as Dance Teams, band and etc are. If cheerleaders cheer for boys games say in basketball they have to cheer at an equal number of girls games. The KHSAA this year took over Cheerleading from the dreaded KAPOS and basically are requiring the same things as they do for other sports and trying to move it closer to being a sport. So far the "Officie of Civil Rights" has refused to accept Cheerleading as an official sport although in some schools they spend more our practicing that other sports do. However there is a little known provision that if you are in non compliance with Title 9 as far as sports offered you can apply to them for consideration of your individual cheerleading team being considered a sport. One big requirement though is that you do competitions. Hope that helps you.

  • Author
Title IX has evolved into a joke.

 

At least in this case this is my feeling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.