Frosh/ JV Basketball

You also have Trent McGovney and Matt Wilson at Campbell Co. The best kid out of all of them is Carson Williams at Owen Co.

I agree. Carson Williams from Owen County is probably the best freshman in the area. If you haven't seen this kid play, travel to Owen, it will be worth the trip. He has outstanding post moves, soft hands, ups, soft touch and has range and can handle the ball.

How about the Arnold and Moore boys from Holmes, haven't heard much about either?

The frosh Smith has been MIA as well, is he not playing ball this yr?

M.McClendon is still getting min with a struggling HC team.

Is the Daughtery kid playing up at all is strictly frosh? He is a good size kid, I'm sure we will be hearing his name in the future.

Arnold is playing JV and getting some minutes with the varsity. Very good player. Moore is still recovering from a dislocated kneecap (I think, some kind of knee issue) from summer AAU. He might be able to go some in January.

I don't see any frosh playing up at HHS this season.......Cain & Kendall bring the most energy, would like to see Dougherty bring more of that....... the only one with size to move is Hergott but he still needs to work on his footwork/post play. Talented group, but not far enough to move up this season. Weyer was the most advanced....really like his game, NCC has a good one there.....

In the same night? Or do you mean they have moved up?

Same night...it is strange, you can't tell the JV from the Varsity. Hey it seems to work for Coach H. I know of 2 that started varsity against Ashland and played considerable in the JV game. D King, and B Green both Sophomores.

Same night...it is strange, you can't tell the JV from the Varsity. Hey it seems to work for Coach H. I know of 2 that started varsity against Ashland and played considerable in the JV game. D King, and B Green both Sophomores.

Interesting. I've never seen a kid start varsity and play JV on the same night.

Interesting. I've never seen a kid start varsity and play JV on the same night.

Me either Clyde. Malachi Israel may have played too in JV. He has a younger brother that plays and I get them mixed up, if so that would make 3 players. All players dress for JV and varsity. All coaches, Varsity too, set on the benches for the JV game till the 4th Q. I know that coach is trying to get his kids as much playing time as possible and is still working with different combinations. We have had a different starting line-up each game.

Me either Clyde. Malachi Israel may have played too in JV. He has a younger brother that plays and I get them mixed up, if so that would make 3 players. All players dress for JV and varsity. All coaches, Varsity too, set on the benches for the JV game till the 4th Q. I know that coach is trying to get his kids as much playing time as possible and is still working with different combinations. We have had a different starting line-up each game.

I noticed at the CCH game that there were about 12 kids on the JV roster but about 5 of them left after the 3rd quarter.

I noticed at the CCH game that there were about 12 kids on the JV roster but about 5 of them left after the 3rd quarter.

Did you notice if any of those 5 played JV and then started? That is what he has been doing, taking some after the 3rd Q and usually that are the ones that will start Varsity. I havn't seen Blanton play JV but he sits on the bench with them and then starts varsity. Was confused the first few games I saw it, but have come to the conclusion that it is brilliant move. Not sure he will do this all season, but for now, it is getting these young players some great PT and they are in shape.

I agree. Carson Williams from Owen County is probably the best freshman in the area. If you haven't seen this kid play, travel to Owen, it will be worth the trip. He has outstanding post moves, soft hands, ups, soft touch and has range and can handle the ball.

Is he the big kid? If he's the big boy that looks more like an offensive lineman, then I completely agree! Saw him play in 2 AAU games over the summer. People were making a lot of noise about some 8th grade kid dunking. I didn't think much about it, but walked over anyway. I asked which kid to watch and some kid pointed him out. I thought, there's no way that big (thick), country looking white boy could dunk. OMG! He caught the ball at half court a dribbled SLOW to the basket, stopped, went off two feet and dunked two-handed like a 6'8 athletic college player... Needless to say, he had my full attention after that. He was magnificent in his game. If I'm talking about the same kid, then, yeah... Get down there and watch this TALENT!

Is he the big kid? If he's the big boy that looks more like an offensive lineman, then I completely agree! Saw him play in 2 AAU games over the summer. People were making a lot of noise about some 8th grade kid dunking. I didn't think much about it, but walked over anyway. I asked which kid to watch and some kid pointed him out. I thought, there's no way that big (thick), country looking white boy could dunk. OMG! He caught the ball at half court a dribbled SLOW to the basket, stopped, went off two feet and dunked two-handed like a 6'8 athletic college player... Needless to say, he had my full attention after that. He was magnificent in his game. If I'm talking about the same kid, then, yeah... Get down there and watch this TALENT!

That would be him..