Bluebird retrospective

Guest Birdflu
Getting the upd

ate on the playoff game between Silver Grove and Covington Latin at half time.

I still think that was an upset. I thought Latin had a better defense than that. As far as the retrospective is concerned, Hayes scoring 3 touchdowns in 3 carries against Boyd County and running over multiple tacklers.

Just watching the season unfold and seeing a team that many posters said was down by Highlands standards create it's own legacy in Bluebird and state

record books. If the game stats on the KHSAA site are official the 2012 'Birds rank as follows in the Kentucky single season record book.

781 points 4th

111 tds. 3rd

7424 yds total offense 2nd

Just watching the season unfold and seeing a team that many posters said was down by Highlands standards create it's own legacy in Bluebird and state

record books. If the game stats on the KHSAA site are official the 2012 'Birds rank as follows in the Kentucky single season record book.

781 points 4th

111 tds. 3rd

7424 yds total offense 2nd

I think the "down" comment was used when comparing this years team to the 2011 team. It would be interesting to see where the 2011 finished in those categories. But "down" compared to the rest of the state, they were still head and shoulders above.

Here is a question for those who have followed the program closely: how did Highlands' defense this year compare to HHS defenses of the past few years? I got the sense from some during the season/postseason that Highlands' offense was very good, but that the defense (particularly the run defense) was not as solid as in years past.

In terms of the comment about Highlands being perceived as "down" in 2012, I wonder if that Highlands-Trinity scrimmage blowout perhaps put the thought in many people's minds that HHS had fallen off some from last year?