2012 Gun Season

woodsrider

Anyone had any luck? I took off from last Thursday though all of this week. I've hunted every day and finally connected on a 10pt this morning. I passed a pretty nice 9pt last Saturday morning and other than that I've seen nothing but does and little bucks. Also until this morning I've seen very little rut activity. The buck I shot this morning was chasing a doe. Shot him at 200 yards got both lungs and just about didn't find him. Blood trail ended and we just walked in the direction I last saw him go. Got lucky and he was laying about 50 yards inside the woods. Shot was good, took out both lungs, it was just a little high so there was very little blood then eventually none.

brandons buck 2012.jpg

My son Brandon connected on this Pendelton Co buck on Nov 10. It was chasing a doe and stop 30 yrds from our blind. My oldest son Andrew had been trying to kill this buck for 2 months during archery season. Andrew had a shot earlier in the morning but buck was chasing to fast for a good clean shot. It rough scored 156.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38044[/ATTACH]

My son Brandon connected on this Pendelton Co buck on Nov 10. It was chasing a doe and stop 30 yrds from our blind. My oldest son Andrew had been trying to kill this buck for 2 months during archery season. Andrew had a shot earlier in the morning but buck was chasing to fast for a good clean shot. It rough scored 156.

Tell you son congrats. that's an awesome deer, definitely raised the bar for himself.

Very nice. That'll be tough to top. Beautiful buck. Congratulations to him!!!

Great memories being made! Congratulations to your son! Tell him to keep up the good work.

That's one nice buck. Puts the one I got to shame.

3 daybreak till dark hunts and 3 or 4 half days. Have seen a small 6pt and a spike and several does, no shots taken.... Missed from 8 yards back in September with my bow (failed to lower the pin in my stand at close range).... Lackluster season for me thus far. Lots of time left though.

I missed my chance on a 130ish 8 pointer. I guessed 200+ yrds. I'm dead on at 150 yrds, and a 7 1/2" drop in trajectory at 200 yrds. When I ranged it later it was only 147 yrds. Guess I shot over him? Hope he comes back. Shooting from one hill to another kills me trying to judge distance. Think maybe I'll take the 270 and leave the muzzle loader at home.

• 2 weeks later...