Maryland and Rutgers Moving To Big 10?

gametime

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about 1,000 more than they had at the 2011 Final Four. The Huskies evidently don't have much fan support.

I was there as well and it was sad. People don't believe me when I tell them they maybe had 2000 fans for their championship game.

SEC???

If we all agree that TV and markets are driving the conference realignment then I don't see FSU and Clemson adding anything. Plus, I'm guessing teams have a say in who joints (at least to some extent) and I don't see the Gamecocks or Florida wanting to bring in Clemson and FSU.

If we all agree that TV and markets are driving the conference realignment then I don't see FSU and Clemson adding anything. Plus, I'm guessing teams have a say in who joints (at least to some extent) and I don't see the Gamecocks or Florida wanting to bring in Clemson and FSU.

In some cases, yes. But it isn't like WVU and Nebraska are major gets in TV or markets that pop. Sometimes prestige of the program is more than enough...

In some cases, yes. But it isn't like WVU and Nebraska are major gets in TV or markets that pop. Sometimes prestige of the program is more than enough...

Agree overall.

Pure guess on my part but I'd see the SEC going after the Hokies first. Strong fan base. DC market. Not in another other SEC team's market.