Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region sleepers?

Featured Replies

Rowan, Morgan, and Bath I believe.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who their other loss was to but it wasn't Morgan. They haven't played yet.

Isn't it interesting that last week Ashland fans were making their case for being a regional favorite and now they are making a case for them being a darkhorse. For what it's worth I would consider them a dark horse.

 

Other canidates: Greenup, Rowan

Isn't it interesting that last week Ashland fans were making their case for being a regional favorite and now they are making a case for them being a darkhorse. For what it's worth I would consider them a dark horse.

 

Other canidates: Greenup, Rowan

Oh, be careful labeling Ashland a sleeper Rickyp and Frances, those up Grassy creek will blast you for your lack of educated insight to the preseason poll.

:jump:

Oh, be careful labeling Ashland a sleeper Rickyp and Frances, those up Grassy creek will blast you for your lack of educated insight to the preseason poll.

 

:jump: Hey, you can call them whatever floats your boat. Sleeper, darkhorse, underachiever, bad team, great team, whatever. FWIW, I'll pretend that the postseason is starting tomorrow and say that Rowan is my darkhorse. :p

Who has Elliott's three regional losses been to?

 

 

The have lost to Bath and Rowan on the road and Boyd at home. I was at the Boyd and Rowan games. They played well against Boyd but couldn't stop Owens and they played like crap against Rowan. I heard that they played horribly against Bath, but was not in attendance.

Fairview is one of the top three teams in the region. Sleepers--Elliott County, West Carter, Rowan County.

Russell, East, and Rowan. These three have had their ups and downs this season but as we get closer to district and regional play they are becoming more dangerous.

Fairview, Ashland, and Elliott are more apt to show up on a regular basis and make any game a tight one, so I have a hard time considering them sleepers.

Just to make sure I don't ruffle any feathers.

 

Ashland has played a very strong schedule this season, with some close games against some really strong teams. If there is anything to that saying "playing better teams makes you better" then Ashland should be fine come tourney time. Just check out the records of the teams they have lost to and some of the teams they've won against.

I'm sorry. I always consider Ashland a big threat to win the region, not a sleeper, regardless of their record.

Bogey Man -

 

I can understand why you would say that, and why many would agree with you. Normally, I would be in your corner as well. This year, however, Ashland is paying a heavy price for the schedule they took on, and Flynn and the boys are struggling to get it turned around. With the way Boyd, Morgan, and Fairview are playing, I just don't see how anyone but those three could be considered a favorite.

 

So to me, if Ashland isn't a favorite (and at this point, they aren't), then I would have to put them in the dark horse category.

 

Frances

I think Russell is the dark horse in the region. Funny how the pre-seson #1 could now be considered a dark horse. Anything can happen in this region.

Ashland is always a threat to win the region. They may well be a force by March. It is often posted that their schedule is difficult. Does anyone know the overall records of the teams that Ashland has defeated and the teams that have beaten them? How many top 25 teams have they played? I think that would be interesting information. I am aware of maybe two top 25 opponents but, of course, I could be wrong. Does anyone know the facts?

I'm sorry. I always consider Ashland a big threat to win the region, not a sleeper, regardless of their record.

 

BogeyMan, I hope you understood the intent of my post. Records go out the window come tourny time, then it becomes one bad game and your liable to be sitting in stands(that includes favorites,dark horses, and long shots). I think this is where playing a tougher schedule and being able to at least compete is a plus for any team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.