Bir vs. McCoy

If you say that Highlands wouldn't skip a beat offensively' date=' then why not put Houliston in at qb with McCoy and Harris in the backfield. One qb, a qb/back, and a power rusher. Maybe Dale will try it against Pendleton Co.[/quote']

Don't think at 6-0 and averaging 55 points a game is the time to make changes to your offense.

Guest Birdflu

While I like McCoy a lot at quarterback, I think Highlands would be just as good, or better with him at a different position. Highlands has enough quality running backs to make up for his rushing yards. Houliston is an exceptional quarterback and passer to make up for his passing yards. McCoy could play wide receiver, slot or running back, if necessary. Having said all of that, while I think Bir is the most essential to his teams success, McCoy is extremely valuable in almost any capacity. I remember watching him as a freshman, and he made almost every tackle as a linebacker. Bir is an excellent quarterback and is the center of the offense.

I am still not sold on Wagner as the heir apparent. I think Dressman may be the next QB.

I would tend to agree. I have watched Wag's play a few games and he is more of a runner than a passer. There are 2 Dressman's that play quarterback, Sam and Ben. Ben is a freshman and shows a lot of potential as a passer and running. Who's to say that both Dressman's will not get time at QB next year.

I am still not sold on Wagner as the heir apparent. I think Dressman may be the next QB.

I disagree. I think Wagner is solid, but more importantly Dressman can contribute highly at other positions. Wagner's development has amazed me and I expect the off-season to no exception. Size and Strength will make him a solid threat.

As for a replacement this seaso should Bir go down, then i definitely think Dressman would be the backup.

I disagree. I think Wagner is solid, but more importantly Dressman can contribute highly at other positions. Wagner's development has amazed me and I expect the off-season to no exception. Size and Strength will make him a solid threat.

As for a replacement this seaso should Bir go down, then i definitely think Dressman would be the backup.

I want to be clear that my comment was meant to be no reflection on Wagner. I am just saying that I think Dressman will end up starting at QB. In CCH's offense, you put your best player at QB and that is Dressman. He can impact the game much more touching it every play.