Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mullins Returns to Beechwood

Featured Replies

Gametime, you are correct BW loves the Lloyd alumni. JD

  • Replies 36
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Voice, is it true Mullins left Beechwood because he had enough of Meyerhoff?

 

I have not heard that from anyone. That being said, things had deteriorated in the program over the past 2-3 years. A number of kids chose not to play summer ball in the organization Meyerhoff was affiliated with. The kids liked Mullins much more than Meyerhoff. The only thing I heard regarding the relationship between Meyerhoff and Mullins is that Meyerhoff was very upset when Mullins and a couple other coaches left last year. I don't think you can ever be upset with a coach who moves to a higher job like Mullins did by becoming head coach at St. Henry, but Meyerhoff supposedly wanted nothing to do with Mullins after he left despite their long relationship.

Hopefully this will squelch anything about Meyerhoff not being renewed becasue he was too hard on the kids. Nobody is tougher on the kids than Bobby Mullins, but they respect him because he treats theme fairly and with respect. I talked to two parents that didn't want Bob at St. Henry. I saw them again in the middle of the season and they couldn't say enough about him or what their kids thought of him. Tough, but consistent is the common opinion.

 

I feel bad for the St. Henry kids, but I really believe that Bob has ultimately returned home. He was at Beechwood for a long time waiting for his opportunity. I cannot wait to see what it does for the program. While there are some amazing player coming up, I believe he will show his coaching talent with this year's team. I believe there will be some over-achieving happening in 2013.

 

Some may disagree, but I see Bob Mullins doing for Beechwood Baseball, what Mike Yeagle did for Football in the 90's. I'm anxious to see him at the helm. I may not always agree with him, but I know that what he believes are the Best 9 players will be on the field come game time.

I have not heard that from anyone. That being said, things had deteriorated in the program over the past 2-3 years. A number of kids chose not to play summer ball in the organization Meyerhoff was affiliated with. The kids liked Mullins much more than Meyerhoff. The only thing I heard regarding the relationship between Meyerhoff and Mullins is that Meyerhoff was very upset when Mullins and a couple other coaches left last year. I don't think you can ever be upset with a coach who moves to a higher job like Mullins did by becoming head coach at St. Henry, but Meyerhoff supposedly wanted nothing to do with Mullins after he left despite their long relationship.

 

I was told that Meyerhoff is coaching the JV team at Boone and helping with the Varsity.

I wish Coach Mullins the best and good luck at BW and congrats. I also heard Bob Myerhoff was talking to BC. Wish them both the best and they will do well. JD

  • Author
I was told that Meyerhoff is coaching the JV team at Boone and helping with the Varsity.

 

I am glad to hear Coach Meyerhoff has found a new opportunity. He led the Tigers to great success that will be a challenge to equal, let alone exceed. Best of luck to him.

Hopefully this will squelch anything about Meyerhoff not being renewed becasue he was too hard on the kids. Nobody is tougher on the kids than Bobby Mullins, but they respect him because he treats theme fairly and with respect. I talked to two parents that didn't want Bob at St. Henry. I saw them again in the middle of the season and they couldn't say enough about him or what their kids thought of him. Tough, but consistent is the common opinion.

 

I feel bad for the St. Henry kids, but I really believe that Bob has ultimately returned home. He was at Beechwood for a long time waiting for his opportunity. I cannot wait to see what it does for the program. While there are some amazing player coming up, I believe he will show his coaching talent with this year's team. I believe there will be some over-achieving happening in 2013.

 

Some may disagree, but I see Bob Mullins doing for Beechwood Baseball, what Mike Yeagle did for Football in the 90's. I'm anxious to see him at the helm. I may not always agree with him, but I know that what he believes are the Best 9 players will be on the field come game time.

 

:sssh: Doing what Yeagle did for football...are you kidding me didnt they win like 6 straight state titles??? So your saying with Mullins they are going to win state 6 times in 8 years.Wow big shoes to fill there.And I hear after he wins 6 titles he is going to walk on water than feed 10000 people with 3 fish lol

:sssh: Doing what Yeagle did for football...are you kidding me didnt they win like 6 straight state titles??? So your saying with Mullins they are going to win state 6 times in 8 years.Wow big shoes to fill there.And I hear after he wins 6 titles he is going to walk on water than feed 10000 people with 3 fish lol

 

...he did say "some may disagree". And for the record, I think he's talking about bringing the baseball program up to the year-in-year-out championship quality programs that Yeagle brought to the football team...not necessarily bringing home that many state titles. There were four state football titles a year in the 90's, and there's only every been one state baseball title.

:sssh: Doing what Yeagle did for football...are you kidding me didnt they win like 6 straight state titles??? So your saying with Mullins they are going to win state 6 times in 8 years.Wow big shoes to fill there.And I hear after he wins 6 titles he is going to walk on water than feed 10000 people with 3 fish lol

 

OK, I deserve that for not making myself clear :)

 

Now that would be nice, but No that's not what I meant. Obviously State Championships are very hard to come by in a All Classes format. I simply meant to return it to where it should be and consistently over-achieving with the team you have. More importantly making the program exciting for the kids again.

...he did say "some may disagree". And for the record, I think he's talking about bringing the baseball program up to the year-in-year-out championship quality programs that Yeagle brought to the football team...not necessarily bringing home that many state titles. There were four state football titles a year in the 90's, and there's only every been one state baseball title.

 

From now on I will forward my post to you for interpretation prior to posting :D

 

Seriously, that is pretty close to my thinking.

OK, I deserve that for not making myself clear :)

 

Now that would be nice, but No that's not what I meant. Obviously State Championships are very hard to come by in a All Classes format. I simply meant to return it to where it should be and consistently over-achieving with the team you have. More importantly making the program exciting for the kids again.

 

:notworthy:

Its all good sports dad.I was just trying to be funny.I knew what you were trying to say.....It would be like me saying our coach was going to do what Dale has done for our football program.....LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!!!!!

GURU, with knowing both guys I don't know if that would be a true statement. Both are are a little on the head strong side. I'm sure if that was the case for Mullins, it would be true for Meyerhoff also.

Edited by Jimmy Olson
Commenting to the GURU

Are any of Myerhoff's assistants being retained? Too early to know?

Mullins is a good coach. With that being said the talent they are going to have the next few years it will be hard to lose..Beechwood will be loaded!!! If they don't win State in the next few years they never will...

Are any of Myerhoff's assistants being retained? Too early to know?
From what I understand, I don't think so. Personally, I'm torn on whether this is good or bad. I think there are some good assistants in the group, but at the same time, maybe its good to get as clean of a break as possible.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.