Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mullins Returns to Beechwood

Featured Replies

  • Author
Mullins is a good coach. With that being said the talent they are going to have the next few years it will be hard to lose..Beechwood will be loaded!!! If they don't win State in the next few years they never will...

 

I would never hang "they should win state" on any coach in baseball. There are too many if's and one great pitcher having a big day can squash everything.

 

On the assistants side, I would expect Stephenson and Morris to be on Mullin's staff at Beechwood.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard that from anyone. That being said, things had deteriorated in the program over the past 2-3 years. A number of kids chose not to play summer ball in the organization Meyerhoff was affiliated with. The kids liked Mullins much more than Meyerhoff. The only thing I heard regarding the relationship between Meyerhoff and Mullins is that Meyerhoff was very upset when Mullins and a couple other coaches left last year. I don't think you can ever be upset with a coach who moves to a higher job like Mullins did by becoming head coach at St. Henry, but Meyerhoff supposedly wanted nothing to do with Mullins after he left despite their long relationship.

 

Things had deteriorated because of a few players/parents. Some people can't handle a little discipline. I do not believe any of the players that chose not to play in that organization would have played for Myerhoff. They were all too old. They were told there would not be any guaranteed playing time and they went with Mullins. The team they would of played for was going to be an 18 year old team returning several players and if I am not mistaken they could all play 17's.

 

As far as the relationship with the two, they play in fantasy leagues together that Coach Myerhoff runs. Coach Myerhoff has no bad feelings toward Coach Mullins. He was and is happy for him. Moving up through the coaching ranks is the nature of the game. These comments could not be farther from the truth.

Things had deteriorated because of a few players/parents. Some people can't handle a little discipline...

 

Wrong! It wasn't a "few" players/parents. If it were just a "few" and it was about a "little discipline", then he wouldn't be gone. It's that simple.

I was with my good friend Coach Myerhoff tonight watching the Red's game and having a few cold one's. I have also known Coach Mullins since he was in high school at Lloyd and we have been friend's for alot of year's. As for the two not getting along someone was just trying to stir the pot. They both have the upmost respect for each other and they each complimented each other when coaching together. Both coaches know alot about the game and their player's. Matter of fact someone said earlier they are in fantasy baseball league that Coach Myerhoff run's and when I was at the last draft they got along well and laughed. I wish them both the best of luck next year. JD

Has Coach Mullins determined his staff?

Has Coach Mullins determined his staff?

From what I've heard through the grape vine:

Varsity: Bob Mullins Jimmy Booth John Morris

JV: Brad Stephenson Nathan Snyder

Freshman: ?

  • Author
From what I've heard through the grape vine:

Varsity: Bob Mullins Jimmy Booth John Morris

JV: Brad Stephenson Nathan Snyder

Freshman: ?

 

Very good. That is how I expected the staff to shape up. That's an excellent staff. Beechwood baseball is going to be fun to watch over the next few years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.