Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU release 2012-2013 Schedule

Featured Replies

Northern Kentucky University - NKU faces Ohio State, San Francisco in 2012-13

 

2012-13 NKU men's basketball schedule

Wednesday, Nov. 14 at San Diego 10 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 15 vs. Tulsa# 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 17 vs. Siena (N.Y.)# 10 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 18 vs. Cal-State Northridge# 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 1 at Ohio State TBA

Tuesday, Dec. 4 at Texas Tech TBA

Thursday, Dec. 20 at Hampton (Va.) 7 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 22 at Navy 2 p.m.

Monday, Dec. 31 at Jacksonville* 7:15 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 2 at North Florida* 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 5 South Carolina Upstate* 7 p.m.

Monday, Jan. 7 East Tennessee State* 7:30 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 11 Lipscomb* 7 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 17 at Stetson* 7 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 19 at Florida Gulf Coast* 5:15 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 24 Mercer* 7 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 26 Kennesaw State* 7 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 31 at East Tennessee State* 7 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 2 at South Carolina Upstate* 5 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 8 at Lipscomb* 8 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 14 Florida Gulf Coast* 7 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 16 Stetson* 7 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 21 at Kennesaw State* TBA

Saturday, Feb. 23 at Mercer* 4:30 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 28 North Florida* 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 2 Jacksonville* 7 p.m.

Thursday, March 14 at San Francisco TBD

A tough schedule, but that's what you get when you are a 1st year D1. Many tough games on the road.

Going to be a long season for NKU......

Glad to see that Dave Bezold & Scott Eaton were able to get some big names on the schedule. Might not have the best record at the end of the season, but this experience is going to help build the program. I look forward to cheering on my Norse at the BOKC this year.

 

For those of you questioning the move to D-1, check out the Women's Volleyball team. They are have a great first season!

9 home games and 0 out of conference. Yikes.

Looks like a standard low major schedule...

How is NKU going to deal with having 6 men's basketball assistant coaches listed on the website? In DI you are limited to three...

How is NKU going to deal with having 6 men's basketball assistant coaches listed on the website? In DI you are limited to three...

 

I could be wrong, but I think they are only listed as Asst Coaches on their site, but in reality they are something else. For example, I'm pretty sure Dustin McGuire is a Graduate Assistant.

They need a big Center.

I could be wrong, but I think they are only listed as Asst Coaches on their site, but in reality they are something else. For example, I'm pretty sure Dustin McGuire is a Graduate Assistant.

 

In DI men's basketball can't have graduate assistant coaches.

  • Author
In DI men's basketball can't have graduate assistant coaches.

 

It's a graduate assistant. Not a graduate asst. coach. All colleges have graduate assistants.

It's a graduate assistant. Not a graduate asst. coach. All colleges have graduate assistants.

 

Why are they listed as assistant coaches if they aren't coaches?

 

DII has no limits on the number of coaching staff members institutions can employ. DI does.

 

It would be very interesting to see how they designated those extra guys. They don't fit into any traditional designation. They cannot be designated as a graduate assistant.

Why are they listed as assistant coaches if they aren't coaches?

 

DII has no limits on the number of coaching staff members institutions can employ. DI does.

 

It would be very interesting to see how they designated those extra guys. They don't fit into any traditional designation. They cannot be designated as a graduate assistant.

 

Just because they call them Assistant Coaches on their website doesn't mean that they are really Assistants for the program. What if one was really the strength coach? Head scout? and etc., but they call them Assistants on their website.

 

Kentucky has 3 Assistants, Associate AD/Basketball Operations and a Strength Coach.

 

And what do you mean D-1 programs don't have Graduate Assistants, I thought they all did?

  • Author

I'm interested to see how well they do in Conference play. They are picked last but that's to be expected. Overall with the 27 game schedule I think they'll win between 5-8 games.

Just because they call them Assistant Coaches on their website doesn't mean that they are really Assistants for the program. What if one was really the strength coach? Head scout? and etc., but they call them Assistants on their website.

 

Kentucky has 3 Assistants, Associate AD/Basketball Operations and a Strength Coach.

 

And what do you mean D-1 programs don't have Graduate Assistants, I thought they all did?

 

I'm guessing they were all actual assistant coaches last year because, like I said, Division II doesn't have a limit on the number of coaches in each sport. I would be interested to see how they classified each of them this year. That's all I'm saying. I'm not accusing them of breaking rules.

 

There can be graduate assistant coaches, but most institutions reach their number limits with full time coaches.

Edited by dmderringer10

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.