Covington Catholic 42 Boone County 8 (Frosh)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 -0 CovCath

4:46 1st quarter

B. Darlington 1 yard TD run

B. Dressman PAT good

14-0 CovCath

3:15 1st quarter

D. Schwartz recovers a fumble and returns it 10 yards for a TD

B. Dressman PAT good

21-0 CovCath

2:25 1at quarter

B. Dressman 10 yard TD run

B. Dressman Pat good

End of the 1st quarter CovCath 21 Boone County 0

28-0 CovCath

2:40 2nd quarter

B. Dressman 6 yard TD run

B. Dressman PAT good

28-8 CovCath

2:24 2nd quarter

B. Broussard 80 yard kick off return for a TD

O. Diaw 2 point conversion run good

35-8 CovCath

0:59 2nd quarter

T. McGlure 46 yard TD pass from B. Dressman

B. Dressman PAT Good

Half Time CovCath 35 Boone County 8

CovCath 42-8

3:48 3rd quarter

D. Schwartz 1 yard TD run

J. Wheeler PAT good

End of the 3rd quarter CovCath 42 Boone County 8

Final score Covington Catholic 42 Boone County 8 (Frosh)

Stars of the game

Boone County

#7 O. Diaw

#26 L. Tanner

#36 B. Donovan

CovCath

#9 B. Dressman

#27 D. Schwartz

#83 T. McGlure

#14 J. Schaffstein

I know CCH has a very good team but is Boone County that bad?

You know people also said how bad Dixie JV was or how bad Dixie varsity was! Now here is an idea! How about instead of saying how bad a team is or isn't, how about recognizing how good the other team just might be!:idunno:

You know people also said how bad Dixie JV was or how bad Dixie varsity was! Now here is an idea! How about instead of saying how bad a team is or isn't, how about recognizing how good the other team just might be!:idunno:

Well Old Guy I believe I started my comment by recognizing that CCH was a good team. I would still expect a school the size of Boone to be able to be more competitive. Just to be clear, I didn't say win the game, just to be more competitive.

And yes, Dixie's Varsity is bad...

Boone County looked slow and out of shape. There were lots of missed tackles. At times they were able to move the ball some but the drives would eventually end with a punt. In my opinion the game was really decided early when Boone committed two fumbles on their side of the 50. Cov Cath seldom had to drive the ball more than half of the field. Boone did have a Kickoff returned for a touchdown and another kickoff returned deep into Cov Cath territory. They certainly did not play well. Hopefully this was just first game jitters and they can do something to improve this team in the weeks to come.

So this means things are looking very good in Alexandria then.

Boone County looked slow and out of shape. There were lots of missed tackles. At times they were able to move the ball some but the drives would eventually end with a punt. In my opinion the game was really decided early when Boone committed two fumbles on their side of the 50. Cov Cath seldom had to drive the ball more than half of the field. Boone did have a Kickoff returned for a touchdown and another kickoff returned deep into Cov Cath territory. They certainly did not play well. Hopefully this was just first game jitters and they can do something to improve this team in the weeks to come.

Does Thad Moss play freshman for Boone? If so, what position?