4. Bell County vs. 2A Middlesboro

5. Belfry vs. 6A Henry Clay

6. Fort Campbell vs. 5A #3 Warren Central

7. Monroe County vs. 4A Warren East

8. Bourbon County at 2A Owen County

9. Edmonson County vs. 5A Grayson County

10. Wayne County vs. 5A North Laurel

How did Garrard County fare?

I suspect Garrard falls around 11 or 12 on this list. I've said all along that Garrard would be much better in October than they are in August. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions back on this list in a few weeks.

I think Central is the clearcut #1 team.. They deserve that ranking until proven otherwise.. I think you could throw Breathitt, Tilghman, Bell Co and Belfry in a hat and pull them out in any order and wouldn't get too much complaint.. I do think there's a signifigant dropoff after those 5 teams.. Some pretty good teams, probably 8-9 that could make the Top 10 at some point this year, but, none at the level of the 1st 5 and none I'd consider a real Championship contender...

I think Central is the clearcut #1 team.. They deserve that ranking until proven otherwise.. I think you could throw Breathitt' date=' Tilghman, Bell Co and Belfry in a hat and pull them out in any order and wouldn't get too much complaint.. I do think there's a signifigant dropoff after those 5 teams.. Some pretty good teams, probably 8-9 that could make the Top 10 at some point this year, but, none at the level of the 1st 5 and none I'd consider a real Championship contender...[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. That seems to be the conventional wisdom among 3A fans.

Sent from my iPhone

Bump Central to 4A and let Breathitt, Tilghman, Bell Co and Belfry battle it out. Could play those four out 20 times and I could see each winning 5 times...too bad Central is waiting.

Wait PT beat Central in the playoffs a couple of years ago and Belfry played em' tight in the finals last year...maybe there WILL be a surprise in 3A this year...until then it is Central then everyone else.

There may be another team that should be part of the 3A conversation, especially if we are hypothetically moving Central out of the 3A conversation.

The unmentioned team played in a state-semi final in four of the last five seasons, including last season which was its first year in 3A.

The team also won 3 state titles in the last five seasons, two of those years by beating one of those scary teams from NKY. (NCC)

The team also has two Kentucky Mr. Football selections in very recent years, Micah Johnson & Antonio Andrews.

The team also has Shawn Berner as the head coach, check out his stats for the last 10 years in Kentucky, you will be very surprised.

Which team shut-out the grossly over rated Edmonson County last year in the playoffs and went on to answer the jawing of Randy Wyatt and the Blue Tornado in Paducah to end their season???

FC may not win the title this season, but it is only a matter of time. If we could hypothetically remove Central from the 3A equation it would be sooner than later. I know one thing, I saw more than enough of #2 glad he is now a Topper.

There may be another team that should be part of the 3A conversation, especially if we are hypothetically moving Central out of the 3A conversation.

The unmentioned team played in a state-semi final in four of the last five seasons, including last season which was its first year in 3A.

The team also won 3 state titles in the last five seasons, two of those years by beating one of those scary teams from NKY. (NCC)

The team also has two Kentucky Mr. Football selections in very recent years, Micah Johnson & Antonio Andrews.

The team also has Shawn Berner as the head coach, check out his stats for the last 10 years in Kentucky, you will be very surprised.

Which team shut-out the grossly over rated Edmonson County last year in the playoffs and went on to answer the jawing of Randy Wyatt and the Blue Tornado in Paducah to end their season???

FC may not win the title this season, but it is only a matter of time. If we could hypothetically remove Central from the 3A equation it would be sooner than later. I know one thing, I saw more than enough of #2 glad he is now a Topper.

I agree with you on that. I am sure glad that #2 for Central is gone. I just hope we can make it to play them this year.

Kentucky Class 3A Football Rankings for 8-28

Class 3A

W 27-14 1. Central at 2A DeSales

W 65-29 2. Breathitt County vs. 2A Newport

L 21-42 3. Paducah Tilghman at 1A #1 Mayfield

W 50-6 4. Bell County vs. 2A Middlesboro

L 20-40 5. Belfry vs. 6A Henry Clay

L 13-58 6. Fort Campbell vs. 5A #3 Warren Central

L 18-26 7. Monroe County vs. 4A Warren East

W 50-21 8. Bourbon County at 2A Owen County

L 13-15 9. Edmonson County vs. 5A Grayson County

W 27-7 10. Wayne County vs. 5A North Laurel