Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I don't expect them to win but interested in how close they can keep the game. If it's a running clock then that tell us a little more about top 10 or not.

I can agree with that.

With wins over 5A Perry Co. Central and 3A Sheldon Clark, I think Prestonsburg may be deserving of a top 10 spot. I will be interested to see how they fair in 2 weeks against Belfry.
I don't think either of those teams are very strong right now. Prestonsburg came from behind to beat Perry Central 27-24 in a game that was not very pretty, but was a win over a bigger school. PCC is rebuilding after losing a lot of talent from 2011. Prestonsburg also came from behind to beat Sheldon Clark 48-40. The same Sheldon Clark team who just beat Harrison Co 28-13 the week before. For comparison Belfry led Harrison Co 49-0 at the half the following week.

 

All that said, I agree with you that the Belfry/Prestonsburg game will be a lot of fun. This is a rivalry game that always packs the stadium and brings the emotions out in everyone involved. You never know how those games will go. Yes, Belfry is the favorite, but that hasn't meant much in this series. Plus Belfry is a little banged up right now, and with Henry Clay coming to town this Friday, who knows how healthy the Pirates will be for the Prestonsburg matchup. The Blackcats have the opportunity to play themselves into the rankings.

Kentucky Class 2A Football Rankings for 8-28

Class 2A

1. Somerset --OPEN

L 16-42 2. Newport Central Catholic at 6A Campbell County

W 20-7 3. Owensboro Catholic vs. 5A Owensboro

L 21-67 4. Covington Holy Cross at 5A #6 Conner

W 10-7 5. Murray at 5A #10 Graves County

W 28-21 6. Danville at 4A #3 Boyle County

W 28-25 7. Lexington Christian Academy at 1A Harlan

L 14-17 OT 8. Christian Academy-Louisville vs. 4A North Oldham

W 28-8 9. Glasgow vs. 5A Barren County

L 20-34 10. Green County vs. 1A #4 Frankfort

Danville moves way up this week.

DeSales got to be in top 10 now, Green Co out IMO.

Does Owensboro Cath deserve the top spot now?

I agree. Newport Central Catholic would be my #1 at this point. Somerset is top 5 in my opinion.

 

Do you really ??? WOW I think you mean you wish they could be LOL!!!

I'm going to have to say Danville should be the #1 team in 2A after what they did last night. I also think DeSales should move into the top 10 with them keeping the game close in the loss to Central. Both HC and NCC have taken some beatings, but they are playing pretty good competition. From what I am reading I think HC maybe better than NCC. Once HC begins to gel with the QB, they may be back at #1.

1. Danville

2. Somerset

3. Covington Holy Cross

4. Newport Central Catholic

5. Murray

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. DeSales

8. Glasgow

9. Christian Academy of Louisville

10. Lexington Christian Academy

 

It's still hard to say who is tops in 2A but some teams are starting to show they are in the hunt. It keeps getting better every week!

To tell you the truth, I could see any of the top 7 making a case for #1 in the next few weeks. 2A is definately a fun class to keep up with this year!

Do you really ??? WOW I think you mean you wish they could be LOL!!!

 

No wishing for me. They have played some bigger schools so far but they will bounce back. They are not number 1 right now but I would not count them out.

  • Author
I'm going to have to say Danville should be the #1 team in 2A after what they did last night. I also think DeSales should move into the top 10 with them keeping the game close in the loss to Central. Both HC and NCC have taken some beatings, but they are playing pretty good competition. From what I am reading I think HC maybe better than NCC. Once HC begins to gel with the QB, they may be back at #1.

1. Danville

2. Somerset

3. Covington Holy Cross

4. Newport Central Catholic

5. Murray

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. DeSales

8. Glasgow

9. Christian Academy of Louisville

10. Lexington Christian Academy

 

It's still hard to say who is tops in 2A but some teams are starting to show they are in the hunt. It keeps getting better every week!

 

Thanks for the input.

 

Anyone else?

I'm going to have to say Danville should be the #1 team in 2A after what they did last night. I also think DeSales should move into the top 10 with them keeping the game close in the loss to Central. Both HC and NCC have taken some beatings, but they are playing pretty good competition. From what I am reading I think HC maybe better than NCC. Once HC begins to gel with the QB, they may be back at #1.

1. Danville

2. Somerset

3. Covington Holy Cross

4. Newport Central Catholic

5. Murray

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. DeSales

8. Glasgow

9. Christian Academy of Louisville

10. Lexington Christian Academy

 

It's still hard to say who is tops in 2A but some teams are starting to show they are in the hunt. It keeps getting better every week!

 

Looks pretty good to me so far, honestly I may put HC and NCC even lower for right now. maybe 6-9 somewhere. However I do think HC will bounce back strong once they get in sync with trail, there were many dropped passes against Conner. NCC will be a tough team by the end of the season, they always are. So yes I do agree that they will move back up in the rankings over the next few weeks but Danville and Somerset deserve the top spots as of right now.

Thanks for the input.

 

Anyone else?

 

If Danville can play defense like they did last night, I don't see anyone beating them in 2A. Great and I mean GREAT kicker the Ads have. The only thing I can see stoping Danville is Danville.

Since Lexington Christian has already beaten CAL, I would at least reverse those 2.

Since Lexington Christian has already beaten CAL, I would at least reverse those 2.
You are right, I didn't catch that.

Somerset

Danville

OB Catholic

Murray

Desales

LCA

CAL

Cov HCross

NCC

Glasgow

You are right.

 

Do you mind if I show this to my wife, to let her know it happens once in a while?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.