Covington Catholic 42 Dixie 0 (JV)

Sorry no stats or scores as I left my information on the coaches table by mistake.

BTW if the score is incorrect I am sorry, it was a long, long day and I was soaked to the skin, as it poured down rain prior to the start of the game, while getting the equipment ready!

I can tell you off the top of my head that

19 Wagner threw two or three TD pass to a number of receivers 12 McGuire 14 Ficke and ran two in also.

36 Von Lehman ran one TD in and I think caught a TD pass

30 Wagner had two INT's, and a fumble recovery

99 Brooks lived in the Dixie backfield

49 Schrage had a INT and ran it back for a TD but it was called back by a penalty as was another CovCath TD late in the game

#15 for Dixie is a kid who worked his tail off tonight on both sides of the ball.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Dixie is struggling but after having such a good Frosh team last year I am a little surprised at this one.

Guru, a lot of the Frosh from last years team are playing Varsity and from what I heard, they have a couple of kids hurt!

The starting QB for the JV got hammered today in the game early (it was clean hit) and was taken out of the game but I honestly don't think it would have mattered, as the Dixie O-line couldn't stop the CovCath D-line!

Too many of the CovCath D-line were hitting the QB or the RB in the back field time after time and I am not sure the Dixie JV gained as many years as the varsity did on Saturday.

I am glad to see CCH has things rolling and I feel for Dixie and Coach Brossart.

As do I....

I spoke to a couple of the Dixie Football players just after I said a prayer in front of the Dixie Flag pole honoring my boyhood friend Steve Tanner. I asked the young men if they knew anything about the young man who was honored with the flag pole and they said not much, so I told them about Steve. Funny, but the half a dozen kids thanked me for telling them about one of their own.

To me at least that might be one of the problems with Dixie, no tradition or understanding of what they are or were. Heck as a kid growing up and before CovCath had football, to me Friday nights were spent at Dixie watching my child hood friends play football. The Lil Colonels had cool looking Red and Gray uniforms with a Lil Colonels on them. There was the dance team the Colonelletts which I had a cousin dance in and the band in their uniforms. It was fun and the place was

packed.

Oh well....... I miss my friend......and I get a deep feeling of sadness each and ever time I pray before his flag pole and it's been since February of 1969 and it still seems like it was yesterday when I saw him off to leave for Nam and then he came back in a metal casket!:cry:

Edited by Theoldguy

Never have I seen a coach at any level try and run a score up like I seen tonite. I feel for those kids' date=' on both sides. The ones from CCH that didn't get in the game and the kids from Dixie that had to suffer through it.[/quote']

CCH ran up the score tonight? What happened to make you believe this is true?

If CovCath had wanted to, the score could have been a lot worse and that's all I am going to say on the matter, because if 40 odd points is running up the score....then what are 63-0, 63-8, 60-7 games called!:idunno:

Never have I seen a coach at any level try and run a score up like I seen tonite. I feel for those kids, on both sides. The ones from CCH that didn't get in the game and the kids from Dixie that had to suffer through it.

Again people like Lionscoach is what is wrong with today's sports. Everyone gets there feelings hurt. 40-0 is hardly running up the score. They scored 6 TD's. What are the kids from CovCath to do? Lay down or let Dixie score so they feel better about themselves? Give me a break, if you want the score to be closer then stop the other team, or score some points on your own.

If CovCath had wanted to, the score could have been a lot worse and that's all I am going to say on the matter, because if 40 odd points is running up the score....then what are 63-0, 63-8, 60-7 games called!:idunno:

That's called get better talent. It is what it is. Some people just don't want to admit that their team is inferior to the other. These are high school kids. JV squads at that. Dixie boys will be alright. They just have to weather through it.

They kept starting QB (#19) in untill the last play, throwing the ball into the end zone as time was running down. All this happened after running clock. I'm sorry guys, but yes that is running up the score. AT 32-0 they are passing down field in the fourth quarter like they were the one down by 30 something. Just didn't see the up side in that.

They kept starting QB (#19) in until the last play, throwing the ball into the end zone as time was running down. All this happened after running clock. I'm sorry guys, but yes that is running up the score. AT 32-0 they are passing down field in the fourth quarter like they were the one down by 30 something. Just didn't see the up side in that.

So tell me again why #7 Moore the starting QB of Dixie was in the Varsity game even after CovCath brought in their 2nd and then 3rd team "D" in the varsity game. If I remember correctly #34 Washington the starting RB was in the game as well until the end, again even against the 2nd and 3rd CovCath "D" teams.

#19 is the 3rd QB for CovCath with Bir a senior, S. Dressman a junior and #19 Wagner a sophomore. The other QB is a frosh B. Dressman and he will play on Wednesday vs. Boone County and BTW if you haven't noticed before, CovCath is a pass then run team.

:idunno:

They kept starting QB (#19) in untill the last play, throwing the ball into the end zone as time was running down. All this happened after running clock. I'm sorry guys, but yes that is running up the score. AT 32-0 they are passing down field in the fourth quarter like they were the one down by 30 something. Just didn't see the up side in that.

JV is for player development. You want your future varsity athletes practicing plays in actual game situations. 42-0 isn't running up the score. Not even in peewee, lionscoach.

Guest Birdflu

How could there be a running clock? The score was 42-0. I thought one team had to have a 45 point lead before there would be a running clock. Has the rule changed or is it different for JV games?

How could there be a running clock? The score was 42-0. I thought one team had to have a 45 point lead before there would be a running clock. Has the rule changed or is it different for JV games?

If the coaches mutually agree, the clock can run at anytime. Otherwise, you are correct, the score has to be a 45 point lead.