Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Technicals?

Featured Replies

Is it the NBA impact on high school kids or do the coaches not address these issues? I've seen more this season than in season's past. What's up?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, in seeing around 50 games this season, I have witnessed 5 technicals - three drawn by coaches, one for a player's loose lips and the other for a player entering the court without permission (more by lack of knowledge than discipline).

 

I would not necessarily call this excessive. Is 5 games from 50 the norm or have I been fortunate to see "clean" teams?

 

DAVE

I saw a kid get a T for removing his shirt in playing vicinity. Thats a new one. I think its a combined affect.

Gee I think 1 in 50 games is too many in my eyes. Its all about respect and lack of discipline. I have seen maybe 30 high school games boy's and girls this year and I have seen 5 "T" also. Three in one game CCH vs HHS (one on a coach and one on a player from each team). NCC vs. HHS one (against the same player from HHS who got one against CCH). One against a boy for dunking in warmups (at 5/3 Classic).

The dunking in warmups "T" is a joke since they have dunked in warmups at every game I have seen this year. Not one dunk or two, but 20 dunks in some cases. Obviously, it must be a rule, but is not enforced by most logical officials.

  • Author

No specifics. Not pointing fingers at anyone. Just seen alot of trashtalking to officials as well as altercations between players. Seems like the kids want to vent in a negative way instead of sucking it up and playing the game.

The dunking in warmups "T" is a joke since they have dunked in warmups at every game I have seen this year. Not one dunk or two, but 20 dunks in some cases. Obviously, it must be a rule, but is not enforced by most logical officials.

 

The T for dunking in warmups is a safety rule. The National Federation determined that some players may try and impress people in the crowd with a dunk before the game. And the players have a few minutes before the officials come out of the locker room to show off for the crowd. If the player is a borderline dunker then this player may end up on the ground injurying his/herself by following.

 

Does it make sense? No. But a rule is a rule.

  • Author
The T for dunking in warmups is a safety rule. The National Federation determined that some players may try and impress people in the crowd with a dunk before the game. And the players have a few minutes before the officials come out of the locker room to show off for the crowd. If the player is a borderline dunker then this player may end up on the ground injurying his/herself by following.

 

Does it make sense? No. But a rule is a rule.

Never thought of the safety issue but that makes alot of sense.

Everyone knows dunking is allowed as long as the stripes aren't on the court. Need to have those two backboards once the clock starts.

IMO referees are quicker on the trigger this year in comparison to years past. I've seen several refs this year that are very sensitive and coaches and players are forced into walking on eggshells just to have a conversation with them. I think too many referees at all levels believe that people pay their money to come see them ref and not young men or women play basketball. I was at a game this year and saw a coach get t'd up for saying gosh darn't not aimed at a ref but at his own player. The ref made a big spectacle out of telling the coach that he needed to clean it up. Calls like that are interfering with the integrity of the game.

Clay County got five technical fouls at the Berea Tournament, and from what I've heard 2 of them should have been called.

It is inexcusable for a player to get a T. Players need to be seen, not heard.

Coaches are held accountable for their actions, players are held accountable for their actions. Coaches are critiqued and some rolled through the hot rocks...players are questioned on BGP for not performing or making a poor decision. Fans are called classless for saying a phrase or two....HOWEVER, the very minute an official is questioned in the very least it becomes sour grapes and harsh warnings are sent everywhere. Just a thought from reading thousands of posts over the years.

So far, in seeing around 50 games this season, I have witnessed 5 technicals - three drawn by coaches, one for a player's loose lips and the other for a player entering the court without permission (more by lack of knowledge than discipline).

 

I would not necessarily call this excessive. Is 5 games from 50 the norm or have I been fortunate to see "clean" teams?

 

DAVE

 

I've seen probably about 75 games this year, and I can't recall seeing but about 4-5. And only one seemed unearned in terms of the official having a quick whistle. I haven't seen an excessive number, IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.