Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Technicals?

Featured Replies

All you guys make good points about the officals, but there is all ways 1 or 2 that just down right do a poor job. It seems like that they are the same ones night in and night out, they just don't have an off night. But there is several out there that are good, fair and consistant with their calls ever game, no matter who is playing who. I think that is what gets alot of people worked up at games. A offical will make one call at one of the floor, but will not make the same call at the other end. Or he will let one coach run out on the court or get outside the so called coach's box, but the other coach, if he does any of that stuff is told to set down and he is out of the game. I will been to alot high games and have seen these things go on for years. Officals have a tough job, I done it myself, but I always try to be fair to both sides, but some do not. Alot of fans may not know what is going all the time, but there is alot that do and they see officals who are good and they see the ones that are bad.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen three games start this year with a technical. Two for dunking and one for a wrong number in the book. As far as actual on-court technicals go, I haven't seen any more than normal.

 

I remeber a few years ago at Mason County(forget who they where playing against) the refs gave both teams a T for dunking during warmups. I think something like this is silly, it justs loosens everybody up so I say no to this type of picky officiating.

There's also another reason. Ever had to sit while a game was delayed due to a broken backboard, bent rim, etc. It has happened numerous times and most high schools don't exactly have a spare laying around.

 

If the rims, backboards, etc are that flimsy then why are they even playing at all? I remeber back in the day that's all most of the guys in gum class would do. Then again I see the old backboards and rims put up on the sidlelines over the bleachers that are the ones I played on.

I remember a few years ago when the point guard of a team (and someone that had no business trying to dunk a bball) broke his wrist trying to show off for the home crowd. It ended his season and the team's quest for district and/or regional championship. I think something like that is silly.

 

I remember this one time (not at band camp) that a big kid was trying to dunk in warmups and hung on the rim. He broke the spring in the rim and the school didn't have one that fit the backboard so the game had to be cancelled. It cost the school quite a bit of money in terms of lost revenue and I believe the game was never made up because it was late in the season and there were scheduling conflicts. I think that was silly.

Saw this a few days ago,

 

"It's amazing how often a ref misses a free throw or makes a bad pass late in the game. I also see refs not cutting off the baseline that leads to the big man's 4th foul early in the 4th quarter."

 

pretty much says it all, but no one ever remembers missed free throw or silly turnovers!

 

:fire: :fire: :fire:

The dunking in warmups "T" is a joke since they have dunked in warmups at every game I have seen this year. Not one dunk or two, but 20 dunks in some cases. Obviously, it must be a rule, but is not enforced by most logical officials.

IMO, the coach knows that dunking before a game is against the rules so why would they allow their team to dunk during pregame. They should be teaching their team the difference between right and wrong. If that is a rule, they should enforce it themselves.

IMO, the coach knows that dunking before a game is against the rules so why would they allow their team to dunk during pregame. They should be teaching their team the difference between right and wrong. If that is a rule, they should enforce it themselves.

 

Maybe because it's kind of like speeding, or jaywalking? Relatively harmless, something that the authorities (referees, in this case) know is going on, but there is only so much they can do about it. If they see it, you're busted. Just don't get caught.

Maybe because it's kind of like speeding, or jaywalking? Relatively harmless, something that the authorities (referees, in this case) know is going on, but there is only so much they can do about it. If they see it, you're busted. Just don't get caught.

True "Jim".......victimless crime.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.