Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 63 Rowan County 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Complete domination from Boyle tonight. As the score indicates Boyle was simply the better team. I liked what I saw from them.

 

The varsity played the first 3 quarters. It was 28-0 at the half and after halftime the score was reset to 0-0. The 63-0 in the thread title is the cumulative score. I believe it was 28-0 when I left at the end of the third. JV had taken over by then and the JV even scored a touchdown on defense.

 

It was played like a real game. 12 minute quarters. Running clock in the 4th.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Was this expected, PP?

 

Yes. Without a doubt.

Is it common for a team to schedule a scrimmage with another team that they know will dominate them in every facet?

  • Author
Is it common for a team to schedule a scrimmage with another team that they know will dominate them in every facet?

 

Don't know. I think Coach French knows someone in the Rowan program. We scrimmaged them last year and the result was similar and they had Adam Wing at QB last year. Before that we scrimmaged Montgomery County two years in a row and we dominated both of those scrimmages also. All of those were Coach French organized scrimmages.

Before Coach French I don't recall us having any close scrimmages then either so I don't want to make it seem like it is a Coach French thing. It's normal around here so I guess that may be our MO. Not really sure though but if it looks like a duck.....

Under coach Smith, Boyle played Madison Central and they where never close.

 

I like our team, we just need some depth badly. I think we will hit some bumps in the road, but come playoff time I think we will be playing our best ball.

  • Author
Under coach Smith, Boyle played Madison Central and they where never close.

 

I like our team, we just need some depth badly. I think we will hit some bumps in the road, but come playoff time I think we will be playing our best ball.

 

That's my mindset as well. Our depth is key.

Most of Boyle's scrimmages are by coach associations. When the scrimmages were set a couple of years ago Rowans HC was Shadon Brown who was an assistant at Boyle and Rowan also has a coach this is a brother to one our longtime assistants.

Let's face it, under Coach Smith Boyle scrimmage all kinds of teams, some we didn't even know about...

 

PP92, based on what you saw tonight would you say Boyle is a favorite over Highlands?

PP92, based on what you saw tonight would you say Boyle is a favorite over Highlands?
:popcorn:
  • Author
Let's face it, under Coach Smith Boyle scrimmage all kinds of teams, some we didn't even know about...

 

PP92, based on what you saw tonight would you say Boyle is a favorite over Highlands?

 

 

No. If Boyle County rolls into Highlands and wins that game I believe the term you would label that victory is called an 'upset'.

 

Highlands is an animal of a different kind. Especially compared to Rowan County(with all due respect to Rowan County). I'm not saying Boyle County can't or won't win against Highlands but I do not believe that Boyle County should be called the favorite over Highlands with the game being at Highlands and based off of last year's results. The Rebels know what kind of challenge they face next Friday. That which cannot kill us will only make us stronger. We'll be there and we'll be ready.

I think this summerizes PP92's thoughts:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA&feature=player_detailpage

No. If Boyle County rolls into Highlands and wins that game I believe the term you would label that victory is called an 'upset'.

 

Highlands is an animal of a different kind. Especially compared to Rowan County(with all due respect to Rowan County). I'm not saying Boyle County can't or won't win against Highlands but I do not believe that Boyle County should be called the favorite over Highlands with the game being at Highlands and based off of last year's results. The Rebels know what kind of challenge they face next Friday. That which cannot kill us will only make us stronger. We'll be there and we'll be ready.

 

Just like they say on "The Family Fued" Good Answer! Good Answer!

I'm trying to figure out what this says about Rowan. I understand that it's Boyle that they played, but I wonder what anyone can glean from this scrimmage about what Rowan brought to the gunfight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.