Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 63 Rowan County 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

I'm trying to figure out what this says about Rowan. I understand that it's Boyle that they played, but I wonder what anyone can glean from this scrimmage about what Rowan brought to the gunfight.

 

Me too. We have Rowan Co on our schedule.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I'm trying to figure out what this says about Rowan. I understand that it's Boyle that they played, but I wonder what anyone can glean from this scrimmage about what Rowan brought to the gunfight.

 

Me too. We have Rowan Co on our schedule.

 

 

 

Hard to say. We were simply bigger, faster and stronger and we imposed our will on them. They clearly were no match. It was very similar to the scrimmage last year we had with them last year if that helps. I think it was 56-8 last year maybe.

I'm trying to figure out why Rowan would even scrimmage Boyle anymore. If the 2 scores from the last 2 years are accurate, what could they possibly gain by running their kids in the ground 118-8 over 2 years time. This isn't a regular season game where it is what it is, these are voluntary games set up purposely by the coach. I just don't get it.....

  • Author
I'm trying to figure out why Rowan would even scrimmage Boyle anymore. If the 2 scores from the last 2 years are accurate, what could they possibly gain by running their kids in the ground 118-8 over 2 years time. This isn't a regular season game where it is what it is, these are voluntary games set up purposely by the coach. I just don't get it.....

 

You're right. It isn't a regular season game so what difference does it make? Both teams are working on things. More worked for Boyle than Rowan. I believe Rowan finished with a decent record last year. 8-3. I wouldn't look too deeply into the final results or the score. I'm not.

You're right. It isn't a regular season game so what difference does it make? Both teams are working on things. More worked for Boyle than Rowan. I believe Rowan finished with a decent record last year. 8-3. I wouldn't look too deeply into the final results or the score. I'm not.

 

But not even about the score solely. But the nature of the scrimmage seems to be a little out of whack. I mean, Thats a whole lot of 1 sided football just a week prior to the season beginning. I understand that coaches would say that tjhey are just working on some things, but 68-0 or whatever, and 50 something to 8. That is just slightly demoralizing for a team. Looks like they responded very well last year if that 8-3 was there record, but damn...........Wouldnt you think that Boyles coach would call off some of the dogs in a scrimmage setting. Geesh. These are the equivalent of "friendlies"........If these coaches are friends, who the hell needs enemies......lol.

  • Author
But not even about the score solely. But the nature of the scrimmage seems to be a little out of whack. I mean, Thats a whole lot of 1 sided football just a week prior to the season beginning. I understand that coaches would say that tjhey are just working on some things, but 68-0 or whatever, and 50 something to 8. That is just slightly demoralizing for a team. Looks like they responded very well last year if that 8-3 was there record, but damn...........Wouldnt you think that Boyles coach would call off some of the dogs in a scrimmage setting. Geesh. These are the equivalent of "friendlies"........If these coaches are friends, who the hell needs enemies......lol.

 

If a team can't stop the run what difference does it make what dogs are called off? It was varsity vs. varsity the first 3 quarters and JV vs JV when I left. What should a team do? Just take a knee since the other team can't stop the run? I WANTED Boyle to pass the ball but they kept running it over and over and over. Rowan couldn't stop it. Are we supposed to tell our defense..."hey guys, you're doing great but let them get a first down of two. Okay?". When a 3rd or 4th string defensive tackle strips the running back should he fall down or try to score? Ours is going to go score.

 

Why is it always folks from Lexington schools who criticize how we do things here at Boyle? Judging by the looks of things you guys should probably take notes.:lol:

But not even about the score solely. But the nature of the scrimmage seems to be a little out of whack. I mean, Thats a whole lot of 1 sided football just a week prior to the season beginning. I understand that coaches would say that tjhey are just working on some things, but 68-0 or whatever, and 50 something to 8. That is just slightly demoralizing for a team. Looks like they responded very well last year if that 8-3 was there record, but damn...........Wouldnt you think that Boyles coach would call off some of the dogs in a scrimmage setting. Geesh. These are the equivalent of "friendlies"........If these coaches are friends, who the hell needs enemies......lol.

 

Perhaps one of the things the Rowan Coaches felt like they did not need to work on in this scrimmage was tackling.:lol:

@Purple.....you mean to tell me that you got that I was criticizing Boyle and "how do things".....are you serious. I was talking about why Rowan would play Boyle again and again in a voluntary scenario to have their kids beat like a rented mule 63-0. And 55-8. And then you felt like taking a shot at "Lexington" schools about this and that.....who gives an ish about how you all "do things". I was simply talking about this scrimmage scenario.

I would venture to say that Boyle and Rowan signed a 2 year contract for scrimmages. If you sign them, you have to honor them, or pay a significant sum.

Plant....that may be true and probably is. But most of these things are built on relationships. Coaches that are friends or know each other. You really believe that in any scenario kids are learning on either side of a 60+-0 game, practice, whatever....and 2 years in a row at that. It just doesn't make sense. My father coached at UK, and coached for 40+ years and I promise you. We would NEVER. NEVER run up a 60+ SCRIMMAGE score. Ever. It's poor taste in my opinion. I have no dog in the fight. But I just can't see why the Rowan coach didn't adjust the practice or scrimmage to make it worth their while.

All depends on what your doing and how the coaches set up the scrimmage. Even if its full game simulation, teams may have their varsity out there, but are probably subbing in the direct backups as well. In a scrimmage setting it doesn't take much for the basic sweep right to turn into 80 yard TD.

 

Its just a freaking scrimmage.

Plant....that may be true and probably is. But most of these things are built on relationships. Coaches that are friends or know each other. You really believe that in any scenario kids are learning on either side of a 60+-0 game, practice, whatever....and 2 years in a row at that. It just doesn't make sense. My father coached at UK, and coached for 40+ years and I promise you. We would NEVER. NEVER run up a 60+ SCRIMMAGE score. Ever. It's poor taste in my opinion. I have no dog in the fight. But I just can't see why the Rowan coach didn't adjust the practice or scrimmage to make it worth their while.

 

Varsity barely played just over 2 quarters. JV most of the 3rd and Frosh the whole 4th. They ran, ran and ran. Boyle had to play like they were playing the best team in the state for at least 2 qtr's because next fri they do !! They actually cleared the scoreboard at halftime just for the reasons you are talking about. At the start of the second half it read 0 - 0. One of the jv td's was a dlineman who stripped the rb and returned it for a td. I understand what you are saying but you can't ask freshmen to take a knee and not run plays.

Good answer Rebel. Thats pretty

Much what I expected.

Varsity barely played just over 2 quarters. JV most of the 3rd and Frosh the whole 4th. They ran, ran and ran. Boyle had to play like they were playing the best team in the state for at least 2 qtr's because next fri they do !! They actually cleared the scoreboard at halftime just for the reasons you are talking about. At the start of the second half it read 0 - 0. One of the jv td's was a dlineman who stripped the rb and returned it for a td. I understand what you are saying but you can't ask freshmen to take a knee and not run plays.

 

Scrimmages are designed to find out what your team needs to work on. From the score of this scrimmage,Boyle learned nothing.I guess Boyle will see what to work after next Friday night.

 

Highlands scrimmages Trinity for a reason, and Highlands weaknesses will be exposed for sure tonight,same as Trinity.The Birds will work on the exposed weaknesses and will be better prepared for next weeks game with Boyle . I'm not saying Boyle will lose to HHS, but I'm positive the Birds will haved learnd more about their team from their scrimmage than Boyle did from their scrimmage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.