Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 63 Rowan County 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

  • Author
@Purple.....you mean to tell me that you got that I was criticizing Boyle and "how do things".....are you serious. I was talking about why Rowan would play Boyle again and again in a voluntary scenario to have their kids beat like a rented mule 63-0. And 55-8. And then you felt like taking a shot at "Lexington" schools about this and that.....who gives an ish about how you all "do things". I was simply talking about this scrimmage scenario.

 

 

I have been on this board long enough to know what you were getting at and you proved it in post #26. Then you want to say 'good post' to Rebel4Life's post which is basically a carbon copy post of everything I had said leading up to you questioning why Rowan County would scrimmage Boyle County and why Boyle County wouldn't 'call off the dogs.' See post #1.

 

I was there. You weren't. It is always easy to criticize somebody or something when you weren't there to see how things played out. I have no intentions of disrespecting Rowan County and I won't as I am grateful to have had the chance to scrimmage them. Maybe next year we can call you to pick our scrimmage opponent for us.

 

The shot at Lexington schools(the public ones) was because there is always someone from a Lexington public school criticizing Boyle County for a score. We beat Lafayette 40-0 in a regular season game and you'd have thought we committed an act of treason. It gets old after awhile.

 

You're new to this board so I'll warn you. I go hard for Boyle County. Real hard. I don't and I won't disrespect until I feel disrespected and I won't stop once it gets started. Boyle County has been accused and criticized of so many different things over the years and 99% of them have been false. The relationships I have developed with the players, coaches, parents and administrators over the years here at Boyle are strong and solid relationships and I will not sit idly by when I feel our reputation is being sullied by anyone. It may be brash or harsh but I will make my feelings and points clear within the rules of the board. If it comes off harsh I apologize but I am not going to apologize for saying what I feel.

 

Good luck to your team.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Scrimmages are designed to find out what your team needs to work on. From the score of this scrimmage,Boyle learned nothing.I guess Boyle will see what to work after next Friday night.

 

Highlands scrimmages Trinity for a reason, and Highlands weaknesses will be exposed for sure tonight,same as Trinity.The Birds will work on the exposed weaknesses and will be better prepared for next weeks game with Boyle . I'm not saying Boyle will lose to HHS, but I'm positive the Birds will haved learnd more about their team from their scrimmage than Boyle did from their scrimmage.

 

And if Boyle beats Highlands then I guess you'll have two weeks of info to learn from.

And if Boyle beats Highlands then I guess you'll have two weeks of info to learn from.

 

I heard your going to have a Highlands hat , after the game will you be wearing that hat with your Boyle County shirt? :D

 

If Boyle beats Highlands it just means that Boyle played better on that given night, and yes HHS will learn from it.

 

Check out the Cov-cath score from the regular season then look at the playoff score vs Cov-Cath in the playoffs 2011.HHS learns quickly !! :D

  • Author
I heard your going to have a Highlands hat , after the game will you be wearing that hat with your Boyle County shirt? :D

 

If Boyle beats Highlands it just means that Boyle played better on that given night, and yes HHS will learn from it.

 

Check out the Cov-cath score from the regular season then look at the playoff score vs Cov-Cath in the playoffs 2011.HHS learns quickly !! :D

 

You know I know all too well about the Highlands learning curve. :p

 

I've always been a good sport. I'd even take a picture of me wearing the Highlands hat with my Boyle shirt on and I'd love to get a picture with me in the Highlands hat and NamecipS in the Boyle hat I got him. That would be classic. :lol:

I have been on this board long enough to know what you were getting at and you proved it in post #26. Then you want to say 'good post' to Rebel4Life's post which is basically a carbon copy post of everything I had said leading up to you questioning why Rowan County would scrimmage Boyle County and why Boyle County wouldn't 'call off the dogs.' See post #1.

 

I was there. You weren't. It is always easy to criticize somebody or something when you weren't there to see how things played out. I have no intentions of disrespecting Rowan County and I won't as I am grateful to have had the chance to scrimmage them. Maybe next year we can call you to pick our scrimmage opponent for us.

 

The shot at Lexington schools(the public ones) was because there is always someone from a Lexington public school criticizing Boyle County for a score. We beat Lafayette 40-0 in a regular season game and you'd have thought we committed an act of treason. It gets old after awhile.

 

You're new to this board so I'll warn you. I go hard for Boyle County. Real hard. I don't and I won't disrespect until I feel disrespected and I won't stop once it gets started. Boyle County has been accused and criticized of so many different things over the years and 99% of them have been false. The relationships I have developed with the players, coaches, parents and administrators over the years here at Boyle are strong and solid relationships and I will not sit idly by when I feel our reputation is being sullied by anyone. It may be brash or harsh but I will make my feelings and points clear within the rules of the board. If it comes off harsh I apologize but I am not going to apologize for saying what I feel.

 

Good luck to your team.[/quote

 

Like you said, I am new to this board. And no, I wasnt getting at anything. I was addressing the scrimmage. I had no hiden agenda as I truly dont care about the results of either game. Just assessing the scrimmage. I very much appreciate your pride and loyalty to your school. But I'll let you know something. And this is REAL TALK. The same things that make you laugh can make you cry. The bravado for the Boyle County football program are well deserved......you do understand that the talent in Lexington is broken up and divided between a multitude of schools however........

 

Much respect to the Boyle County program. But watch your step throwing out those pop shots to the LExington Schools......we could always compare all sports in the athletic departments of each school and see how that turns out...........But i digress. Good luck to Boyle and their season. (Oh, BTW, I wish you would have beaten Lafayette 88-0....)

I do like the fact that you came out swinging tho.....I respect that. But you came at the wrong person, or at least about the wrong topic. I never insinuated anything about Boyle. Just simply was asking why either team felt the need to scrimmage the other, based on the stated results.

  • Author
Like you said, I am new to this board. And no, I wasnt getting at anything. I was addressing the scrimmage. I had no hiden agenda as I truly dont care about the results of either game. Just assessing the scrimmage. I very much appreciate your pride and loyalty to your school. But I'll let you know something. And this is REAL TALK. The same things that make you laugh can make you cry. The bravado for the Boyle County football program are well deserved......you do understand that the talent in Lexington is broken up and divided between a multitude of schools however........

 

Much respect to the Boyle County program. But watch your step throwing out those pop shots to the LExington Schools......we could always compare all sports in the athletic departments of each school and see how that turns out...........But i digress. Good luck to Boyle and their season. (Oh, BTW, I wish you would have beaten Lafayette 88-0....)

 

 

:lol: After all the grief we took over that 40-0 score I wish it had been 88-0 too.

 

I do think you'd be surprised at the success we have at Boyle in all sports. I am also a Bowling Green graduate so I'm always willing to compare athletic departments of both Boyle and Bowling Green with any school in the state. Both athletic departments are extremely well ran and have much to be proud of.

 

It's all good though. Good luck to Tates Creek this year. It'd be nice to see the public schools of Lexington enjoy the success they should be having.

  • Author
I do like the fact that you came out swinging tho.....I respect that. But you came at the wrong person, or at least about the wrong topic. I never insinuated anything about Boyle. Just simply was asking why either team felt the need to scrimmage the other, based on the stated results.

 

I go hard. :D

 

My guess is it was contractual. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

I like that. Go hard my friend. And yes, you definitely have something to hang ya hat in with the Purples. Probably my favorite non Tates Creek Kentucky high school.

You know I know all too well about the Highlands learning curve. :p

 

I've always been a good sport. I'd even take a picture of me wearing the Highlands hat with my Boyle shirt on and I'd love to get a picture with me in the Highlands hat and NamecipS in the Boyle hat I got him. That would be classic. :lol:

 

I hope you and everyone you know to have safe travels to and from the fort. Get your picture taken wearing that shirt and hat with the HHS mascot and the HHS cheerleaders. :thumb:

  • Author
I hope you and everyone you know to have safe travels to and from the fort. Get your picture taken wearing that shirt and hat with the HHS mascot and the HHS cheerleaders. :thumb:

 

 

Thank you.

 

As long as it's before the game I'm down. :D

  • Author

Soooooooooo.........

 

 

Trinity is up 36-0 over Highlands after 1. Why would Highlands scrimmage Trinity??????

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry. Sorry. I had to do it. Had to. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.