Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brewers @ Reds Series 07/20/ thru 07/22/12

Featured Replies

I on the other hand question a lot of his in game decisions. Personally I think that he has lost them possibly 4-5 games due to not making quick decisions on pitching moves and not being willing to bring Chapman in earlier than the 9th inning. I know that DMD is going to ask for evidence but I don't have specific dates and I am not going to dig for it. It's my opinion and we'll leave it at that.

 

You should probably stop calling me out in posts I have nothing to do with...

  • Replies 190
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should probably stop calling me out in posts I have nothing to do with...

 

Just trying to beat you to the punch.

Just trying to beat you to the punch.

 

Beat me to what punch?

 

I don't recall calling you out in posts that have nothing to do with you.

 

I reply to your posts or say you said something earlier in the thread.

I on the other hand question a lot of his in game decisions. Personally I think that he has lost them possibly 4-5 games due to not making quick decisions on pitching moves and not being willing to bring Chapman in earlier than the 9th inning. I know that DMD is going to ask for evidence but I don't have specific dates and I am not going to dig for it. It's my opinion and we'll leave it at that.

 

And I question a lot of your questioning, and not because I am a Dusty fan. But I am not a Dusty hater either. The fact is he has done a better job than I ever expected when they hired him 5(?) years ago.

What's it going to take to convince you the Pirates are for real?

 

I look at the Pirates the same way I look at the Bengals - when they are in the playoffs, I believe they are a playoff team.

  • Author
I look at the Pirates the same way I look at the Bengals - when they are in the playoffs, I believe they are a playoff team.

 

 

You reckon Cardinals fans look at the Reds in the same light?

You reckon Cardinals fans look at the Reds in the same light?

 

 

It wouldn't surprise me, although the Reds were in the playoffs just a couple years ago.

Count me in on the quilty parties that are not taking the Pirates seriously as a possible division winning team. I could be wrong but I watch St. Louis much more closely in the standings than I do Pitt.

  • Author
Count me in on the quilty parties that are not taking the Pirates seriously as a possible division winning team. I could be wrong but I watch St. Louis much more closely in the standings than I do Pitt.

 

The Pirates offense has been on a roll of late. McCutchen has been crushing the ball, and Alvarez has picked up his game as well. They have two very good starters in McDonald and Burnett. After that it's Bedard, Karstens, and Correia. Three pitches that don't scare you, but are capable of having very good outings, or getting beat around pretty good. Very similar to the Reds pitchers 3-5. The Pirates also have a very good bullpen. I give the Pirates offense the edge over the Reds, and the Reds starting pitching the edge. I fully expect the Pirates to be in the race to the end, ever more so if they make a trade for another bat, or starting pitcher.

I look at the Pirates the same way I look at the Bengals - when they are in the playoffs, I believe they are a playoff team.

 

Good point.

Beat me to what punch?

 

I don't recall calling you out in posts that have nothing to do with you.

 

I reply to your posts or say you said something earlier in the thread.

 

Knowing how you usually respond to my logic I thought I'd go ahead and draw you into it right away. Why wait around?

You reckon Cardinals fans look at the Reds in the same light?

 

Wouldn't you if you were a Card's fan?

Count me in on the quilty parties that are not taking the Pirates seriously as a possible division winning team. I could be wrong but I watch St. Louis much more closely in the standings than I do Pitt.

 

I would too if Peta Tony was still calling the shots. Like him or not he was usually able to get the most out of his team when he needed it and seemed to make the right calls when he needed to.

The Pirates offense has been on a roll of late. McCutchen has been crushing the ball, and Alvarez has picked up his game as well. They have two very good starters in McDonald and Burnett. After that it's Bedard, Karstens, and Correia. Three pitches that don't scare you, but are capable of having very good outings, or getting beat around pretty good. Very similar to the Reds pitchers 3-5. The Pirates also have a very good bullpen. I give the Pirates offense the edge over the Reds, and the Reds starting pitching the edge. I fully expect the Pirates to be in the race to the end, ever more so if they make a trade for another bat, or starting pitcher.

 

Agree on all counts and they have the prospects to do just that, maybe aquire a bat and a pitcher. Don't rule them out on aquiring Dempster either.

The starting pitching hasn't been all that great - Not sure I can go with this one. The starting pitching has been pretty solid.

 

Relief pitching has been very good but I wouldn't say great (there have been a few rough patches, even with Chapman).

 

 

Not enough praise here.

 

5 starters have made EVERY start for the Reds this year. Other than a few rough spots, which must be expected, they have been Great.

 

With respect to RP, who has been subpar? Even when Bill Bray has possibly the worst statistical outing possible (including a wild pitch on an attempted IBB), he got out of the inning with 0 runs allowed!!! The entire bullpen is outstanding. Your "long relief" guy only gets to pitch 1x every 2 weeks and he has an ERA under 3.00!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.