Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colin Justice from Dixie to Beechwood?

Featured Replies

I was told his parents bought a house in Fort Mitchell and Justice is transferring to Beechwood.

 

Anyone?

  • Replies 159
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told his parents bought a house in Fort Mitchell and Justice is transferring to Beechwood.

 

Anyone?

 

Not all of Ft. Mitchell is BW's district. Is this kid the big running back?

Sounds like a familiar story. The only thing I really don't understand is going from a 6A program to a 1A program. Considering that this is the image of KY football at the 6A level :

 

" Originally Posted by Clyde

Listening to a podcast from an Auburn blogger. He says he had low expectations for Zeke because he "played against a bunch of little white guys.""

 

Can you imagine what the impression is of KY 1A football is?

 

I went to see a playoff game between Lloyd and Walton last year, and I don't mean this to be derogatory, it is just an honest opinion, I thought was watching a freshman game.

 

Can't wait to hear the stories about the competition between this kid and the Stringer kid for reps. Most likely, either one would have started for the programs they left, now, one will be a spectator in pads!

Sounds like a familiar story. The only thing I really don't understand is going from a 6A program to a 1A program. Considering that this is the image of KY football at the 6A level :

 

" Originally Posted by Clyde

Listening to a podcast from an Auburn blogger. He says he had low expectations for Zeke because he "played against a bunch of little white guys.""

 

Can you imagine what the impression is of KY 1A football is?

 

I went to see a playoff game between Lloyd and Walton last year, and I don't mean this to be derogatory, it is just an honest opinion, I thought was watching a freshman game.

 

Can't wait to hear the stories about the competition between this kid and the Stringer kid for reps. Most likely, either one would have started for the programs they left, now, one will be a spectator in pads!

 

Not everyone is going for a D1A scholarship to play football in college. Maybe the kid likes his chances for a state championship better at Beechwood than he does at Dixie.

 

...or maybe he is a teenager living under his parents' roof...and his parents are selling their old roof and buying a new one in Beechwood's school district. Who says this is about getting into college at all? :rolleyes:

Well, per the Dixie web site, Colin will be a senior in 2012-2013. No idea if the transfer is a done deal or even true, but if so his competition will be Nussbaum and Erdman, and good luck

with that, that's two solid football players.

Sounds like a familiar story. The only thing I really don't understand is going from a 6A program to a 1A program. Considering that this is the image of KY football at the 6A level :

 

" Originally Posted by Clyde

Listening to a podcast from an Auburn blogger. He says he had low expectations for Zeke because he "played against a bunch of little white guys.""

 

Can you imagine what the impression is of KY 1A football is?

 

I went to see a playoff game between Lloyd and Walton last year, and I don't mean this to be derogatory, it is just an honest opinion, I thought was watching a freshman game.

 

Can't wait to hear the stories about the competition between this kid and the Stringer kid for reps. Most likely, either one would have started for the programs they left, now, one will be a spectator in pads!

 

Stringer is a freshman. Freshmen don't play varsity or JV at Beechwood. There are usually no more than one or two sophomores each year that get varsity playing time at Beechwood.

Not everyone is going for a D1A scholarship to play football in college. Maybe the kid likes his chances for a state championship better at Beechwood than he does at Dixie.

 

...or maybe he is a teenager living under his parents' roof...and his parents are selling their old roof and buying a new one in Beechwood's school district. Who says this is about getting into college at all? :rolleyes:

 

Exactly

Sounds like a familiar story. The only thing I really don't understand is going from a 6A program to a 1A program.

 

FYI, in case you were not aware, here are the results of Beechwood's 2011 6A Games:

 

Beechwood 28 Simon Kenton 0

 

Beechwood 62 Dixie 27

Well, per the Dixie web site, Colin will be a senior in 2012-2013. No idea if the transfer is a done deal or even true, but if so his competition will be Nussbaum and Erdman, and good luck

with that, that's two solid football players.

 

That would make a transfer most illogical.

"I went to see a playoff game between Lloyd and Walton last year, and I don't mean this to be derogatory, it is just an honest opinion, I thought was watching a freshman game."

What does this have to do with 1a football?

That would make a transfer most illogical.

 

It's a pretty logical transfer in my mind if his parents are moving to Fort Mitchell...

FYI, in case you were not aware, here are the results of Beechwood's 2011 6A Games:

 

Beechwood 28 Simon Kenton 0

 

Beechwood 62 Dixie 27

 

Both those programs were at the bottom of their District last year. And how many kids playing for BW have Erlanger and Independence addresses? BTW, those seniors of yours are gone and the sophomores SK started last year are now experienced juniors. So, we shall see.

FYI, in case you were not aware, here are the results of Beechwood's 2011 6A Games:

 

Beechwood 28 Simon Kenton 0

 

Beechwood 62 Dixie 27

Seems a little more logical to me.

It's a pretty logical transfer in my mind if his parents are moving to Fort Mitchell...

 

Giving up playing time for a chance to be in a photograph IS NOT LOGICAL. I would personally question the heart of any kid making that kind of move!

Giving up playing time for a chance to be in a photograph IS NOT LOGICAL. I would personally question the heart of any kid making that kind of move!

 

Why do you assume that the "kid" is making the move? And why does that move have anything to do with high school football - or sports? His parents are the ones buying the house...he is a dependent of his parents. You are assuming all of this is motivated by football. By that logic, the only time a family moves into a new house in a new school district, their childrens' sports careers are the primary impetus for the move. I don't buy it.

 

One of my good friends grew up on Greenup Street in Covington, and eventually moved to Villa Hills. I'm sure the only reason they moved from Holmes' school district to Dixie's was so he could play for a different football team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.