Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tigers at Reds Series 6/8 thru 6/10/12

Featured Replies

Latos, Arroyo and Bailey go for the Reds.

  • Replies 259
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phillips should sit tonight. No excuse for his crap last night.

 

I was mainly watching the ECF and flipping back to the Reds game. What did I miss?

  • Author
Phillips should sit tonight. No excuse for his crap last night.

 

I would have benched him at the end of the inning. That kind of crap infuriates me.

I was mainly watching the ECF and flipping back to the Reds game. What did I miss?

 

Guy on 1st with no out, Pirates sac bunt him over to second and Phillips (who was covering 1st) was hot-dogging it after getting the out and the runner took third on him. Next batter hit a sac fly to give the Pirates a 4-3 lead.

Guy on 1st with no out, Pirates sac bunt him over to second and Phillips (who was covering 1st) was hot-dogging it after getting the out and the runner took third on him. Next batter hit a sac fly to give the Pirates a 4-3 lead.

 

Wow

My initial thought was that Phillips forgot that there was a runner on 2nd (that is what the TV announcers suggested may have happened). I wonder how that could have been. The play was a sacrifice bunt to advance the runner from 1st to 2nd. The runner going from 1st to 2nd passed immediately into his field of vision.

 

Then I thought, maybe Phillips thought the play at 1st was the third out of the inning. Again, why would the Pirates sac. bunt with 2 outs?

 

Upon reflection, I think it was just a hot dog play pure and simple that cost the Reds a base, a run and the game.

My initial thought was that Phillips forgot that there was a runner on 2nd (that is what the TV announcers suggested may have happened). I wonder how that could have been. The play was a sacrifice bunt to advance the runner from 1st to 2nd. The runner going from 1st to 2nd passed immediately into his field of vision.

 

Then I thought, maybe Phillips thought the play at 1st was the third out of the inning. Again, why would the Pirates sac. bunt with 2 outs?

 

Upon reflection, I think it was just a hot dog play pure and simple that cost the Reds a base, a run and the game.

 

That is 100% what it was.

Personally, I don't think it was any kind of 'hotdog' play at all. And I've made it known that I dont like BP.

 

I think he just wasn't paying attention and had a mental lapse. Either way, it's something that should never happen.

Edited by dmderringer10

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of that run scoring by bunting.

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of that run scoring by bunting.

 

Tell the whole story. Odds only increase by 0.4%...

Tell the whole story. Odds only increase by 0.4%...

 

:D Still better.

 

I never said Dusty was wrong for letting Phillips hit, I get that school of thought but I would have preferred a bunt that is all.

:D Still better.

 

I never said Dusty was wrong for letting Phillips hit, I get that school of thought but I would have preferred a bunt that is all.

 

Easy to say now since it didn't work out, but I mentioned a bunt last night as well. I couldn't see where the 3rd baseman was playing, but he could have maybe beating it out too.

Cozart 6

Heisey 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Ludwick 7

Frazier 5

Hanigan 2

Latos 1

Phillips should sit tonight. No excuse for his crap last night.

 

BP also had Votto on 2nd with nobody out in the bottom of the 10th. All he had to do was sacrifice himself or get the ball to the right side for Votto to advance & the tying run to move to 3rd with 1 out. Instead he hits a weak grounder to the left side. Selfish.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.