Luke Maile drafted 8th round by Tampa Rays

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Luke.

Question though...does he sign here or does he roll the dice, stick around UK for his senior season, possibly be the premiere catcher in the SEC out of Zunino's shadow, and shoot up the draft board?

Congrats to Luke.

Question though...does he sign here or does he roll the dice, stick around UK for his senior season, possibly be the premiere catcher in the SEC out of Zunino's shadow, and shoot up the draft board?

I think it's definitely a possibility...He did land with a good organization though...And next years draft is supposed to be loaded more...

Congrats to Luke. I played summer ball with him on the Colonels and you could tell from the first year with them that he could play. Unfortunately he and I weren't able to hook up as much on the diamond as I was hurt both years I played for the Colonels and couldn't pitch very much. But we still had plenty of laughs off the field when travelled to Ball State, Purdue, etc. when we played then. There were plenty of games my first and second year with the Colonels where I batted cleanup just behind Luke so this makes me feel pretty good about it after seeing this :D.

Congrats yet again to Luke! We'll see what happens with his possible signing with them.

So proud to say I have seen both play many, many games and both young men come from familes that are outstanding. Saw him play his 1st CovCath varsity game and if it is indeed possible, I will there for his fist MLB game.

Congrats Luke! You have a tough decision to make but I know you'll do what's best for you and your family.

?

Best for his family?

His family will lend guidance but what's "best" for them will not factor in. I can't even imagine what's in it for them.