Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Luke Maile drafted 8th round by Tampa Rays

Featured Replies

  • Replies 63
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Luke.

 

Question though...does he sign here or does he roll the dice, stick around UK for his senior season, possibly be the premiere catcher in the SEC out of Zunino's shadow, and shoot up the draft board?

  • Author

Amazing how Luke Maile and Zach Isler played AABC ball and high school ball together and are drafted 11 spots apart.

Congrats to Luke.

 

Question though...does he sign here or does he roll the dice, stick around UK for his senior season, possibly be the premiere catcher in the SEC out of Zunino's shadow, and shoot up the draft board?

 

I think it's definitely a possibility...He did land with a good organization though...And next years draft is supposed to be loaded more...

My gut says he signs, but I definitely don't think it's final.

Congrats to Luke. I played summer ball with him on the Colonels and you could tell from the first year with them that he could play. Unfortunately he and I weren't able to hook up as much on the diamond as I was hurt both years I played for the Colonels and couldn't pitch very much. But we still had plenty of laughs off the field when travelled to Ball State, Purdue, etc. when we played then. There were plenty of games my first and second year with the Colonels where I batted cleanup just behind Luke so this makes me feel pretty good about it after seeing this :D.

 

Congrats yet again to Luke! We'll see what happens with his possible signing with them.

Congrats to Luke. If given a days notice I will try to make his debut as well!!

Congrats are in order to both the Maile & Isler families! Quite the accomplishment & I'm an especially proud Covington Catholic alum today.

What round did he get drafted coming out of high school? Will he end up with more money now?

What round did he get drafted coming out of high school? Will he end up with more money now?

 

He was drafted in the 43rd coming out of High School. Yes, he'll get significantly more money now.

So proud to say I have seen both play many, many games and both young men come from familes that are outstanding. Saw him play his 1st CovCath varsity game and if it is indeed possible, I will there for his fist MLB game.

Congrats Luke! You have a tough decision to make but I know you'll do what's best for you and your family.

 

Wouldn't it be something to see Isler make his debut facing Maile?

Congrats Luke! You have a tough decision to make but I know you'll do what's best for you and your family.

 

?

 

Best for his family?

 

His family will lend guidance but what's "best" for them will not factor in. I can't even imagine what's in it for them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.