Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jailbreaking an iPhone

Featured Replies

I'm probably going to jailbreak my 4S when the new release comes out this week. I haven't had a jailbroken phone in a couple of years though, so could anyone that has one offer some apps I should get through Cydia? For the life of me, I can't remember what all I used to have and I know they have released a lot of new apps for the 4S that I know nothing about.

 

Help is much appreciated.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not naive but I don't want to promote this kind of thing on BGP.

I opened this thread back up because I understand this is in fact legal. If I am wrong please set me straight?

I opened this thread back up because I understand this is in fact legal. If I am wrong please set me straight?

 

I did a quick google search and I think it is legal.

Jail breaking is legal now but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

 

Legal- customizing phone and adding different tweaks to it.

 

Illegal- basically downloading any paid app for free.

  • Author
I opened this thread back up because I understand this is in fact legal. If I am wrong please set me straight?

 

:lol: I didn't even notice you shut it down. Yes it is definitely legal and very common these days.

 

 

Jail breaking is legal now but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

 

Legal- customizing phone and adding different tweaks to it.

 

Illegal- basically downloading any paid app for free.

 

I'm not into the whole downloading apps illegally thing. I pay for all of my apps. Cydia offers a much greater selection though, and can really open up the capabilities of the phone. It's amazing how much functionality the iPhone is capable of, but Apple hides a lot of it.

It's legal to jailbreak. It's illegal to do some of the things available to you once you jailbreak.

Can someone explain what kind of apps Cydia has and why should I jailbreak my iPhone? Will it ruin my iPhone?

It's my understanding that you can never receive any phone updates once you jailbreak an Iphone.

Can someone explain what kind of apps Cydia has and why should I jailbreak my iPhone? Will it ruin my iPhone?
At one point Apple would not do ANYTHING to help you if your phone was jailbroken. Not sure about now...
  • Author
Can someone explain what kind of apps Cydia has and why should I jailbreak my iPhone? Will it ruin my iPhone?

 

Here's a pretty good article with some of the top apps from Cydia. 3G Unrestrictor is one of my favorites.

 

If you just google "Best Cydia Apps" or "Why should I jailbreak" you can really learn a lot about the perks of jailbreaking.

 

As far as ruining your iPhone, I wouldn't worry about it at all. A few years ago that used to be a problem, but the jailbreak developers have pretty much perfected the process and I haven't heard of any problems for a long time now. It's also very easy to do. Just make sure you backup your phone beforehand.

  • Author
It's my understanding that you can never receive any phone updates once you jailbreak an Iphone.

 

This is not particularly true. They release jailbreak updates for each iOS update. It may take a little longer because you have to re-jailbreak with the new software after you update your phone and you may have to wait a few weeks for the new jailbreak software after the iOS update has been released, but the extra effort is worth it IMO.

 

At one point Apple would not do ANYTHING to help you if your phone was jailbroken. Not sure about now...

 

Backup phone before jailbreak, perform system restore before you take it to Apple. I've actually had to do it before (cracked my screen) and they took my old phone and gave me a new one.

Keep us posted on how the jailbreak is and how to do it. I am intrigued.

  • Author
Keep us posted on how the jailbreak is and how to do it. I am intrigued.

 

Will do. The release is "supposed" to be tomorrow. Delays happen all the time with these kinds of things though, so we'll see if it actually does.

Jail breaking the iphone is like putting a turbo on your car..fun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.