Another "FIASCO" involving Bellevue Softball in District opener

I pulled into the parking lot at Newport Vets about 5:20 for the 5:00 Bellevue/Newport District opener and to my amazement I see no one on the field and cars leaving the lot. I stop one of the Newport players and ask what is going on and she tells me that Bellevue was up 2-1 in the 3rd inning when all of a sudden Bellevue Head Coach Rick Blevins tells his team to line-up??????? They FORFEIT the game so the Seniors can attend a Senior Banquet. What the hell!!!

Why would you even show up if you were going to pull a stunt like this? On top of that your winning the game! What in the Wide, Wide, World of Sports is a going on at Bellevue????? What a shame for these girls to have their season end in such a FIASCO.

can a mod add an L in the title plz.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some sort of penalty or fine for not showing or forfeiting a District playoff game? I agree, why go thru all the motions to start the game when you know you're not going to complete it. I'm assuming, like most small schools, they just did not have enough underclassmen to finish.

I am with LB13. Dont make people show up and pay for a game you KNOW you are mot going to finish.

Agree. If I had payed to get into the game, I would be a little peeved. Maybe enough to fire off a "concerned" email to the powers at Bellevue H.S.

Not surprised here. I thought they folded in the season along time ago until Lawnboy posted about them the other night. Is kinda dumb if you know you cant finish the game why start it. The onlything I can say dont schedule them unless you have to !!!

Refresh my memory on the previous fiasco.

Cancelled game for the 2nd year in a row 3 hrs before gametime by calling the school office instead of the Head Coach, who's cell number he has.

This is what I posted from a thread two months ago.......Bellevue's coach Rick Blevins called the school (NewCath) instead of contacting Coach Barnes, whose cell number he has. Used the excuse that Bellevue had an Awards Banquet.......When Coach Barnes contacted the Bellevue principal to tell him this is the second year in a row that Bellevue has cancelled a game on such short notice he was told they moved the start time of the Awards Banquet to accomadate the game, thus catching Coach Blevins in a LIE. Also heard that when the Coaches had their scheduling meeting in September Rick Blevins wasn't even there. Bottomline..... the Bellevue softball program is a JOKE and Newcath will NOT schedule them anymore. Totally sad on a perfect day not to play a game, both teams lost out in this one thanks to Coach Rick Blevins.

This is one of those situations you hear about and immediately think there has to be more to the story. It's so........like, wow, did this really happen? Bizarre.

That's what I was thinking. Would love to hear from a Bellevue parent.

This is one of those situations you hear about and immediately think there has to be more to the story. It's so........like, wow, did this really happen? Bizarre.

Just spoke to one of the Newport coaches he said, when they were taking ground rules Coach Blevins told the Newport coach "at 5:15 were getting back on the bus". I got there at 5:20 and not a soul from Bellevue was there!

And to top it all off........Bellevue pitcher Maddie Blevins was throwing a NO hitter. You can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Just spoke to one of the Newport coaches he said, when they were taking ground rules Coach Blevins told the Newport coach "at 5:15 were getting back on the bus". I got there at 5:20 and not a soul from Bellevue was there!

And to top it all off........Bellevue pitcher Maddie Blevins was throwing a NO hitter. You can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Moron