Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Todd Frazier's Moment

Featured Replies

Todd Frazier's Moment - Red Reporter

 

I knew he was highly thought of but had no idea he was ever the Reds #1 Prospect and Top 50 in all of baseball by BA...He hasn't been hitting very well since getting starting time but he has been on an emotional roller coaster and may be pressing...He tore it up in Spring Training and then made the club until the last second until the Reds claimed Simon, who I will admit has paid off pretty well...Then Cairo goes on the DL and Frazier gets the call back up but is only used as a pinch hitter where he hits close to .500 with plenty of extra base hits...Cairo comes back and they keep Frazier thankfully but he still can't get playing time other than Pinch Hitting...Now he finally has his chance and he needs to relax and take advantage of it, at 26 he may not get many more chances like this...I think the Reds only chances at 3B and LF without making a trade lay in the hands of Heisey and Frazier...Heisey is getting it going now Frazier needs to get going again too...

 

I don't know what's up with the picture of him playing the air guitar :lol:...I didn't even try to put that on here o well :rolleyes:

FrazierAirGuitar-small (1).jpg

I think Frazier's very capable of hitting between .260-.275, with about 15-20 HR, and 70 RBI or so if he were any everyday player. Now many will tell you that you knew more production than that out of your corner infield positions, but given how bad this team has struggled offensively from the LF and 3B postions, I would take it in a heartbeat.

  • Author
I think Frazier's very capable of hitting between .260-.275, with about 15-20 HR, and 70 RBI or so if he were any everyday player. Now many will tell you that you knew more production than that out of your corner infield positions, but given how bad this team has struggled offensively from the LF and 3B postions, I would take it in a heartbeat.

 

Most definitely...

Frazier has a pretty low ceiling ... if he can't get on base at much better than a .300 clip, he'll never be a decent major league regular.

Frazier has a pretty low ceiling ... if he can't get on base at much better than a .300 clip, he'll never be a decent major league regular.

 

Is anyone in the Reds system a decent prospect?

Is anyone in the Reds system a decent prospect?

 

No, WS doesn't think anyone in AAA is a good prospect period. :lol:

  • Author
Is anyone in the Reds system a decent prospect?

 

Nope no one is too west...He always finds something negaitve with a player, he is apparently the guru of the Reds Farm system...He is fascinated with numbers more than anyone I have ever seen...He doesnt like to take into account raw skills and intangibles along with the ability for players to improve...He even likes to downplay Billy the kids numbers in High A because he is in High A...As if its Hamiltons fault that he is in High A its not his choice...A near .350 avg more steals than games played and it doesnt matter because he has never been above High A...Im glad he isnt a talent scout for the Reds because until a player has had success in the Bigs for about 5 years he is no good...Im glad someone sees what I have been seeing...

Is anyone in the Reds system a decent prospect?

 

No, WS doesn't think anyone in AAA is a good prospect period. :lol:

 

Nope no one is too west...He always finds something negaitve with a player, he is apparently the guru of the Reds Farm system...He is fascinated with numbers more than anyone I have ever seen...He doesnt like to take into account raw skills and intangibles along with the ability for players to improve...He even likes to downplay Billy the kids numbers in High A because he is in High A...As if its Hamiltons fault that he is in High A its not his choice...A near .350 avg more steals than games played and it doesnt matter because he has never been above High A...Im glad he isnt a talent scout for the Reds because until a player has had success in the Bigs for about 5 years he is no good...Im glad someone sees what I have been seeing...

 

 

Just because westsider doesn't drool over every Reds prospect doesn't mean he's wrong. Nothing about Frazier's minor league resume suggests that he will put up a high batting average, on base percentage or power numbers. A .261 average with 234 hits and 232 strikeouts and .335 on base percentage in 1007 AAA plate appearances does not project out to a player with a high ceiling. He has a good glove and can't do much worse than Rolen but he is more likely to be a utility player than an every day, middle of the order hitter on a good team.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Just because westsider doesn't drool over every Reds prospect doesn't mean he's wrong. Nothing about Frazier's minor league resume suggests that he will put up a high batting average, on base percentage or power numbers. A .261 average with 234 hits and 232 strikeouts and .335 on base percentage in 1007 AAA plate appearances does not project out to a player with a high ceiling. He has a good glove and can't do much worse than Rolen but he is more likely to be a utility player than an every day, middle of the order bitter on a good team.

 

I asked a simple question. I don't remember him specifically saying Billy Hamilton wasn't a good prospect/have good upside but if he did like NKU says then that's obviously bias.

Two dingers tonight for the Jersey boy.

  • Author
I asked a simple question. I don't remember him specifically saying Billy Hamilton wasn't a good prospect/have good upside but if he did like NKU says then that's obviously bias.

 

I post updates about the Reds top prospects in its own thread...I posted an update on Hamiltons average and SBs and Westsider made it a point to say that he is only in A ball...He has never given any prospect love...Link I dont really care but I think its crazy to try to down play what some one has done just because its A ball...

http://bluegrasspreps.com/major-league-baseball/reds-down-farm-234827.html

Edited by nkufan23

Just because westsider doesn't drool over every Reds prospect doesn't mean he's wrong. Nothing about Frazier's minor league resume suggests that he will put up a high batting average, on base percentage or power numbers. A .261 average with 234 hits and 232 strikeouts and .335 on base percentage in 1007 AAA plate appearances does not project out to a player with a high ceiling. He has a good glove and can't do much worse than Rolen but he is more likely to be a utility player than an every day, middle of the order hitter on a good team.
Someone gets it ...
Nope no one is too west...He always finds something negaitve with a player, he is apparently the guru of the Reds Farm system...He is fascinated with numbers more than anyone I have ever seen...He doesnt like to take into account raw skills and intangibles along with the ability for players to improve...He even likes to downplay Billy the kids numbers in High A because he is in High A...As if its Hamiltons fault that he is in High A its not his choice...A near .350 avg more steals than games played and it doesnt matter because he has never been above High A...Im glad he isnt a talent scout for the Reds because until a player has had success in the Bigs for about 5 years he is no good...Im glad someone sees what I have been seeing...
And I'm right most of the time, too ... I'd rather be right than be a shill for my favorite team.
I post updates about the Reds top prospects in its own thread...I posted an update on Hamiltons average and SBs and Westsider made it a point to say that he is only in A ball...He has never given any prospect love...Link I dont really care but I think its crazy to try to down play what some one has done just because its A ball...

http://bluegrasspreps.com/major-league-baseball/reds-down-farm-234827.html

My question about Hamilton is his bat ... a low-pop guy that strikes out 130+ times in Low-A ball has a ways to go as a hitter, no matter how fast he is.
My question about Hamilton is his bat ... a low-pop guy that strikes out 130+ times in Low-A ball has a ways to go as a hitter, no matter how fast he is.

 

They should go look up the early minor league numbers of Eric Yelding. Very similar type prospect. Hamilton appears to have better basestealing instincts.

 

Hamilton could be very good. Only time will tell.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.