Methodists Maintain Homosexual Acts Are 'Incompatible With Christian Teaching'

By Daniel Burke

Religion News Service

(RNS) Despite emotional protests and fierce lobbying from gay rights groups, United Methodists voted on Thursday (May 2) to maintain their denomination's stance that homosexuals acts are "incompatible with Christian teaching."

Methodists Maintain Homosexual Acts Are 'Incompatible With Christian Teaching' At General Conference

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the big deal? This is their religious belief. They have the right to hold it. I am in favor of same sex marriage. If people love one another and are faithful adults, then to each their own. I am not in favor of making denominations recognize it, or forcing them to change their belief system.

You tell me. You are much more well-versed than I.

Clearly indicates it is a sin equal as a sin as many things we battle in our everday lives.

Also, clearly states that we can be forgiven for these things by asking for forgiveness and giving our life to Christ

Clearly indicates it is a sin equal as a sin as many things we battle in our everday lives.

Also, clearly states that we can be forgiven for these things by asking for forgiveness and giving our life to Christ

Are there any sins listed in the Bible that you disagree with?

1) dont understand your question.

2) God didn't consult me in determining what he labels a sin, so my opinion is irrelevant in compared to what the Bible says.

Simple question. Read nothing into it. You have a functioning brain so I'm confident you can answer. Are there any listed sins that you disagree with? Are there some that you think"ahh, that's not really a sin" or "I don't buy that one?"

I disagree with you thinking your opinion is not relevant.

Simple question. Read nothing into it. You have a functioning brain so I'm

confident you can answer. Are there any listed sins that you disagree with? Are there some that you think"ahh, that's not really a sin" or "I don't buy that one?"

Sunday afternoon after mowing in this heat at end of school year, do not assume I have a functioning brain. :-)

My parents had rules when I was growing up. Irrelevant whether I agreed or disagreed, they were the rules.

God, who knows a lot more than my functioning brain can comprehend, has decided sins. It's His game and he gets to make the rules.

He knows what works best for the creatures He created. While my human pride and ego likes to creep in my mind and hint I would know better my life experiences have shown me that God knows better.

Once I have decided to follow His Son, than I chose to struggle to follow the life He laid out for me and stay away from sinning.

BUT I will knowingly fail miserably and I pray that Jesus sacrifice for me and you will be enough to cover my sins.

Simple question. Read nothing into it. You have a functioning brain so I'm confident you can answer. Are there any listed sins that you disagree with? Are there some that you think"ahh, that's not really a sin" or "I don't buy that one?"

You didn't ask me, but I have written a lot on here about Pickin/Choosin verses to fit a person's style or wants/desires. Sin is just that Sin and God hates all Sin and will not be anywhere near Sin. Again I'm sorry to jump in as I did.

My parents had rules when I was growing up. Irrelevant whether I agreed or disagreed, they were the rules.

God, who knows a lot more than my functioning brain can comprehend, has decided sins. It's His game and he gets to make the rules.

He knows what works best for the creatures He created. While my human pride and ego likes to creep in my mind and hint I would know better my life experiences have shown me that God knows better.

Once I have decided to follow His Son, than I chose to struggle to follow the life He laid out for me and stay away from sinning.

BUT I will knowingly fail miserably and I pray that Jesus sacrifice for me and you will be enough to cover my sins.

Couldn't agree more. :thumb: