Coach Kenny Roark has Passed Away

Coach Kenny Roark has passed away last night. Kenny coached at Clay Co this past season but resigned due to an illness. Kenny coached and played at Middlesboro High School were he led them to their only State Title in 1998. He was also a standout player for the University of Kentucky in the late 70's.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and friends from here in Bell County.

Coach Roark's 1998 State Championship Team was incredible. His 1997 Middlesboro team was very good too.

Rest in Peace Coach.

Those were 2 great teams. They gave us a tough battle both seasons. In 1997 they beat Bell County and their only loss in 1998 was to Bell County. 1997 was the last Middlesboro team to beat Bell.

I'm stunned Coach Roark was a friend and I always looked up to Coach , I could always walk up to him and talk about football get information about Middlesboro sports.

R.I.P. Coach

I am sorry for your loss thoughts and prayers with you and the Yellow Jacket family.

Thoughts and prayers, Kenny was a great coach but an even better person, he will be sorely missed by many. He was always willing to help anyone and did so much for the middlesboro community. Rest in Peace coach.

I echo these sentiments. Coach was a good guy and will be missed.

I have lots of good stories and fond memories of Kenny Roark.

He was one of the few in Kentucky high school football ( are there any others?) who won a state championship both as a player and a coach.

His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

He didn't win one as a player his team finished runner up to Owensboro (74) 14-7 and Scott County (75) 22-20.

Great story from WYMT mountain news.

Longtime Middlesboro Coach Kenny Roark Passes Away