Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Brand Classic on ESPN

Featured Replies

Saturday, April 14 | 7 p.m. | ESPN/ESPN3 | Charlotte, N.C.

 

The game

 

They’re not teammates just yet, but Saturday night will be the first chance for UK fans to watch Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin and Alex Poythress on the same court since Noel’s big signing day announcement. Those three might not be the only future Cats in the game, as Anthony Bennett is still undecided with Kentucky high on his list of schools.

With John Calipari coming off a national championship and all but locking up his fourth consecutive No. 1 recruiting class at UK, it’s safe to expect another Lexington love fest from the ESPN announce team Saturday.

 

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/jordan-brand-classic-2012/

 

Great article with lots of info on each Ky recuite and Bennett.

3 minutes into the game and Nerlens has 3 blocks and a couple steals. Just amazing Kentucky can lose somebody like Davis down low and not be hurting coming into next season, unbelievable the run Cal is on. I said this earlier in the year and now Noel has committed I'll say it again. How ironic is it that it looked like Calipari was going to miss out on that elite big man in a class that is historically loaded with top end elite big man talent. Then Nerlens reclassifies and Kentucky ends up getting the best one out of all of them, un real.

  • Author

Davis with 3 blocks early in the game. Just interviewed Anthony Davis and Noel.

Poythress with an impressive drive and slam. Goodwin getting the chance to run the point with Marcus Page out.

Then Noel with a great post move and score. The difference between him and Davis is going to be his ability to score in the post. Davis had a good hook but Noel has more experience down low.

Davis with 3 blocks early in the game. Just interviewed Anthony Davis and Noel.

 

Davis? Gonna be hard to let go, huh? :lol:

 

I feel you.

  • Author
Davis? Gonna be hard to let go, huh? :lol:

 

I feel you.

 

:lol: Yes it is. Didn't even notice I miss typed it.

That is the second dirty play Shabazz has made against Noel!

Then Noel with a great post move and score. The difference between him and Davis is going to be his ability to score in the post. Davis had a good hook but Noel has more experience down low.

 

I could be completely wrong on this. However from the things I have heard it seems like Noel's offensive game at this point leaves a lot to be desired and needs a lot of work. He will probably be great at finishing off dunks on passes like Davis, however at least from what I heard Noel's game would need a lot of work to become the scorer that Davis was able to become. As I said maybe I have heard wrong, but I think the statement about Noel being able to score in the post more may be wrong unless its on dunks.

I could be completely wrong on this. However from the things I have heard it seems like Noel's offensive game at this point leaves a lot to be desired and needs a lot of work. He will probably be great at finishing off dunks on passes like Davis, however at least from what I heard Noel's game would need a lot of work to become the scorer that Davis was able to become. As I said maybe I have heard wrong, but I think the statement about Noel being able to score in the post more may be wrong unless its on dunks.

 

You have heard right for the most part. He isn't totally raw, but he doesn't have a developed skill set with his back to the basket. Neither did Davis, but he could do a lot of different things offensively that Noel simply doesn't have in his bag of tricks just yet...

You have heard right for the most part. He isn't totally raw, but he doesn't have a developed skill set with his back to the basket. Neither did Davis, but he could do a lot of different things offensively that Noel simply doesn't have in his bag of tricks just yet...

 

Thats what I thought I heard, and I also thought I heard you say that before too. However you are right about saying just yet, because Cal has done a good job lately with his post players improving as the year goes on.

You have heard right for the most part. He isn't totally raw, but he doesn't have a developed skill set with his back to the basket. Neither did Davis, but he could do a lot of different things offensively that Noel simply doesn't have in his bag of tricks just yet...

 

I haven't really looked in to much about the type of games these new players UK have coming in have. Do you know if any of these guys coming in are good shooters from the outside? I know coach Cal always will get his athletic guys who can drive, however it seems like his teams are even better when he has some guys who can shoot too.

I haven't really looked in to much about the type of games these new players UK have coming in have. Do you know if any of these guys coming in are good shooters from the outside? I know coach Cal always will get his athletic guys who can drive, however it seems like his teams are even better when he has some guys who can shoot too.

 

Not a good group of shooters in the class overall, and it isn't a strength of Goodwin or Poythress. It will be a weakness next year...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.