Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anthony Bennett

Featured Replies

GT doesn't like this kid's game. It sounds like he may be close to committing to Kentucky. Can Cal get him to reach his full potential? If he does, what player would you compare him to?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have faith in Cal's judgement. If he believes Bennett is good enough to deserve a spot, I have complete trust that he'll get him to play to the highest level he's capable of. Cal is the guy that turned Liggins and Jorts into NBA players after all.

He's got talent for sure, but his game is very incomplete. No back to the basket game, and struggles putting it on the floor in the half court. If he goes to UK Cal will figure out a way to use him to maximize his talent. I don't question that part at all...

GT, what is it about this kid's game that you don't particularly like? I've only been able to watch his highlights and one game that was televised a couple of weeks ago I believe, so I don't have much of a feel for him.

 

Edit: GT answered right as I posted.

  • Author
He's got talent for sure, but his game is very incomplete. No back to the basket game, and struggles putting it on the floor in the half court. If he goes to UK Cal will figure out a way to use him to maximize his talent. I don't question that part at all...

 

 

 

How well does he shoot from the perimeter? Who would you compare him to?

GT, what is it about this kid's game that you don't particularly like? I've only been able to watch his highlights and one game that was televised a couple of weeks ago I believe, so I don't have much of a feel for him.

 

See above. I'm just not big on guys who aren't a 3 or a 4 and rely on athleticism alone. I had the same issues with Chane Behanan, and he had a solid year at UL...

How well does he shoot from the perimeter? Who would you compare him to?

 

If open and set he can knock it down. Not effective coming off screens with or without the ball and really struggles to connect off the bounce. Basically a spot up shooter from the perimeter...

Where you reading that he's close to committing to UK?

Where you reading that he's close to committing to UK?

 

CatsPause is reporting it...

 

CatsPause is reporting it...

 

Just saw that. Is he going to announce on TV like the others today?

Just saw that. Is he going to announce on TV like the others today?

Nope...

If he is nearing a decision could be possible for him to announce at the Jordan Brand game this weekend. IMO its either him or Oriahki, I couldn't see Cal taking both.

Let's just assume that Bennett does commit. Where does he fit in with UK? Obviously Noel, Harrow are in the lineup.

If he is nearing a decision could be possible for him to announce at the Jordan Brand game this weekend. IMO its either him or Oriahki, I couldn't see Cal taking both.

 

My guess is he would perfer Bennett. I could be way off on this but he doesn't look like a one and done type to me.

Let's just assume that Bennett does commit. Where does he fit in with UK? Obviously Noel, Harrow are in the lineup.

 

On the bench as a sub.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.