Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Gordon Leaving WKU

Featured Replies

High profile frosh Derrick Gordon has decided to leave WKU.

 

Says he wants to get closer to home in NJ.

 

Not good for the new coach.

It just opens the door for another kid.

Kid was homesick. I can dig it. Any chance he lands at Seton Hall?

 

I think WKU will be fine.

Kid is a player, seen him play a few games in high school at St. Patricks with MKG. In all honesty didn't think he'd go to WKU. Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. Johns.

After just one season, but one that included an improbable Sun Belt championship and NCAA Tourament win, freshman guard Derrick Gordon is transferring. WKU announced today that it has granted Gordon the release from his scholarship.

 

"Well, I mean, it really didn't have nothing to do with any of the coaches," Gordon told the Bowling Green Daily News Thursday. "I'm just happy that I got the opportunity that I did this year and to play for coach Harper, who is a great coach and really helped my game. Just to play with the teammates I had was good. This is something I've been thinking about for about a month now. It's bittersweet because I love Western, I will always love Western."

 

InsideHilltopperSports.com - Gordon Granted Release From WKU

The bigger issue is the other 2-3 players who are considering leaving. This will be something to keep an eye on..

Gordon is too good a player to be at a school like WKU. He can be a major D-1 talent.

The bigger issue is the other 2-3 players who are considering leaving. This will be something to keep an eye on..

 

Why are these guys looking to get out? Especially after the run they made at the end?

Why are these guys looking to get out? Especially after the run they made at the end?

 

I'm not sure yet. I'm looking into it.

  • Author
After just one season, but one that included an improbable Sun Belt championship and NCAA Tourament win, freshman guard Derrick Gordon is transferring. WKU announced today that it has granted Gordon the release from his scholarship.

 

"Well, I mean, it really didn't have nothing to do with any of the coaches," Gordon told the Bowling Green Daily News Thursday. "I'm just happy that I got the opportunity that I did this year and to play for coach Harper, who is a great coach and really helped my game. Just to play with the teammates I had was good. This is something I've been thinking about for about a month now. It's bittersweet because I love Western, I will always love Western."

 

InsideHilltopperSports.com - Gordon Granted Release From WKU

 

Call me cynical. Loves the coaches. Loves WKU. Loves the area. Unless we find out an illness in the family exists I ain't buying it unless he comes out and says his main motivation was to play at a bigger program.

I wonder why all the movement after Harper took them to the dance?

Zollo is transferring. Confirmed...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.