Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Politics and basketball

Featured Replies

I think it's harmless but everybody is different.
:lol: I'm not claiming it's harmful in any way, just that I find it annoying and, as others stated, it just doesn't fit.
  • Replies 39
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: I'm not claiming it's harmful in any way, just that I find it annoying and, as others stated, it just doesn't fit.

 

:lol:

 

True. I guess I should say it doesn't annoy me but everybody is different. I think it's cool that recent Presidents have been able to conversate about sports and not sound like dummies. But like I said, I never pay attention to these halftime interviews anyways so that shows my indifference. If he sounded like a dummy I wouldn't know. I wasn't listening. He did pick UNC though. :D

:lol:

 

True. I guess I should say it doesn't annoy me but everybody is different. I think it's cool that recent Presidents have been able to conversate about sports and not sound like dummies. But like I said, I never pay attention to these halftime interviews anyways so that shows my indifference. If he sounded like a dummy I wouldn't know. I wasn't listening. He did pick UNC though. :D

That doesn't show much intelligence when you have a team like UK in it. :cool: :lol:

 

I agree with you, everybody is different. That's what makes life interesting.

Obama doesn't just like basketball, he LOVES basketball. I can see why he'd be interviewed, and it shown during one of the highest ratings-getter of the year in basketball. I didn't see the interview, so I can't comment to the content. But politicians and celebrities attend such events, and he attended the game in Dayton with WKU.

Instead of being annoyed about it, why not just turn the channel during the interview? That's what I would have done had it been someone that I didn't like.

He is just setting up taxpayers for an all out paid expense basketball camp for his girls to Calaparis camp.

I don't see what the issue is. Any time the POTUS gets to show us he's a normal guy I'm all for it.

I don't see what the issue is. Any time the POTUS gets to show us he's a normal guy I'm all for it.

 

I think he is a very normal guy, loving father, probably funny and fun to talk too. But he has some bad ideas for a person to be President.

I think he is a very normal guy, loving father, probably funny and fun to talk too. But he has some bad ideas for a person to be President.

 

What does your view of his presidency have to do with him being interviewed?

I like it, mainly for the whole "normal guy" reason that Clizzy mentioned. I also like that he seems to really know what he's talking about in regards to basketball. That isn't always the case with most other issues.

 

:popcorn::D

Instead of being annoyed about it, why not just turn the channel during the interview? That's what I would have done had it been someone that I didn't like.
I always do, doesn't mean it isn't annoying. Or just plain dumb for that matter.
I don't see what the issue is. Any time the POTUS gets to show us he's a normal guy I'm all for it.
I couldn't care less about him or any president trying to show me he's a normal guy during halftime of any sporting event. It's useless wasted space for me. Give me something related to the game at halftime, not an interview with someone that has zero to do with the sport.
I don't care who it is that does it, count me as one that it annoys. It's as bad as going to a concert and the band (singer) stumps for their favorite politician or political cause. Drives me nuts.
You're Easy:D
I like it, mainly for the whole "normal guy" reason that Clizzy mentioned. I also like that he seems to really know what he's talking about in regards to basketball. That isn't always the case with most other issues.

 

:popcorn::D

 

I enjoyed it. I would have likely also enjoyed an interview with Pres Bush during the World Series. I likely wouldn't have cared about either of their opinions via an interview about the Derby.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.