Politics and basketball

Not sure why there was half time 'interview'. Seemed out of place. Would have been nice to have profiles of the schools or students or coaches. Maybe a piece comparing the two programs through history. But can we leave the politics out of sports?

If they are going interview anyone make it James Carville - the Rajin Cajun. It was his back yard and he was on the sidelines along press row.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Bluegrasscard. Seems you can't watch anything without politics being a part of it anymore, a trend I hope ends really soon.

Is that more of the politicians trying to appeal to the citizens? Haven't Bill Clinton and George W. Bush done these types of interviews also? It doesn't bother me but I never pay attention to halftime anyways.

It sure seems like Obama has received a lot more publicity during March Madness than other presidents. Don't recall all the hoopla about the president's brackets in the past. I do recall Clinton getting face time when Arkansas was in the FF, which makes sense. I don't know if it's political or just that this president enjoys basketball more than past presidents. Bush was a baseball fan and I seem to recall him being interviewed during the World Series.

Is that more of the politicians trying to appeal to the citizens? Haven't Bill Clinton and George W. Bush done these types of interviews also? It doesn't bother me but I never pay attention to halftime anyways.
I don't care who it is that does it, count me as one that it annoys. It's as bad as going to a concert and the band (singer) stumps for their favorite politician or political cause. Drives me nuts.

It sure seems like Obama has received a lot more publicity during March Madness than other presidents. Don't recall all the hoopla about the president's brackets in the past. I do recall Clinton getting face time when Arkansas was in the FF, which makes sense. I don't know if it's political or just that this president enjoys basketball more than past presidents. Bush was a baseball fan and I seem to recall him being interviewed during the World Series.

Seems like he did an interview during the Super Bowl also. Maybe before the game or at halftime. With Sean Hannity maybe.

I don't care who it is that does it, count me as one that it annoys. It's as bad as going to a concert and the band (singer) stumps for their favorite politician or political cause. Drives me nuts.

I hear you. Just pointing out it's something that I think has gone on for a decade or two at least.

What was political about it? It was the President of the United States talking about the national championship game. He is a fan, and the President, and even has a brother in law who coaches college bball. The only people annoyed by it, in my estimation, are those who don't want to see President Obama anytime, anywhere. He talked strictly basketball, even about his daughters playing. Holy Cow.

What was political about it? It was the President of the United States talking about the national championship game. He is a fan, and the President, and even has a brother in law who coaches college bball. The only people annoyed by it, in my estimation, are those who don't want to see President Obama anytime, anywhere. He talked strictly basketball, even about his daughters playing. Holy Cow.

I guess I do remember listening to him mention his daughter's team. Come on though, Ace....you know he should be getting our gas prices down, fixing the economy and giving Bill Maher his donation back. How dare he give up that precious time to have a sit down with Clark Kellogg and talk some hoops. The nerve of him. :D

And it had what, really, to do with basketball? He has what, really, to do with basketball? I personally don't care what you think annoys me since you don't know me. It annoyed me when it was Bush, it would have annoyed me if it was Reagan.