Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Politics and basketball

Featured Replies

Not sure why there was half time 'interview'. Seemed out of place. Would have been nice to have profiles of the schools or students or coaches. Maybe a piece comparing the two programs through history. But can we leave the politics out of sports?

 

 

If they are going interview anyone make it James Carville - the Rajin Cajun. It was his back yard and he was on the sidelines along press row.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama had to get sympathy votes from,women by showing his daughters playing ball.

:lol: ....this isn't the first time the POTUS has been interviewed during halftime of a major sporting event. Or the last time. Lighten up guys. :lol:

  • Author
:lol: ....this isn't the first time the POTUS has been interviewed during halftime of a major sporting event. Or the last time. Lighten up guys. :lol:

 

His brackets were busted....now if he had the finalists in his bracket....

I agree with Bluegrasscard. Seems you can't watch anything without politics being a part of it anymore, a trend I hope ends really soon.

I agree with Bluegrasscard. Seems you can't watch anything without politics being a part of it anymore, a trend I hope ends really soon.

 

Is that more of the politicians trying to appeal to the citizens? Haven't Bill Clinton and George W. Bush done these types of interviews also? It doesn't bother me but I never pay attention to halftime anyways.

I looked at it as a follow up from the piece from a year or two ago but I agree the placement was a little odd. In other words, I think the interview would have been better sometime last weekend.

It sure seems like Obama has received a lot more publicity during March Madness than other presidents. Don't recall all the hoopla about the president's brackets in the past. I do recall Clinton getting face time when Arkansas was in the FF, which makes sense. I don't know if it's political or just that this president enjoys basketball more than past presidents. Bush was a baseball fan and I seem to recall him being interviewed during the World Series.

Is that more of the politicians trying to appeal to the citizens? Haven't Bill Clinton and George W. Bush done these types of interviews also? It doesn't bother me but I never pay attention to halftime anyways.
I don't care who it is that does it, count me as one that it annoys. It's as bad as going to a concert and the band (singer) stumps for their favorite politician or political cause. Drives me nuts.
It sure seems like Obama has received a lot more publicity during March Madness than other presidents. Don't recall all the hoopla about the president's brackets in the past. I do recall Clinton getting face time when Arkansas was in the FF, which makes sense. I don't know if it's political or just that this president enjoys basketball more than past presidents. Bush was a baseball fan and I seem to recall him being interviewed during the World Series.

 

 

Seems like he did an interview during the Super Bowl also. Maybe before the game or at halftime. With Sean Hannity maybe.

I don't care who it is that does it, count me as one that it annoys. It's as bad as going to a concert and the band (singer) stumps for their favorite politician or political cause. Drives me nuts.

 

I hear you. Just pointing out it's something that I think has gone on for a decade or two at least.

What was political about it? It was the President of the United States talking about the national championship game. He is a fan, and the President, and even has a brother in law who coaches college bball. The only people annoyed by it, in my estimation, are those who don't want to see President Obama anytime, anywhere. He talked strictly basketball, even about his daughters playing. Holy Cow.

What was political about it? It was the President of the United States talking about the national championship game. He is a fan, and the President, and even has a brother in law who coaches college bball. The only people annoyed by it, in my estimation, are those who don't want to see President Obama anytime, anywhere. He talked strictly basketball, even about his daughters playing. Holy Cow.

 

 

I guess I do remember listening to him mention his daughter's team. Come on though, Ace....you know he should be getting our gas prices down, fixing the economy and giving Bill Maher his donation back. How dare he give up that precious time to have a sit down with Clark Kellogg and talk some hoops. The nerve of him. :D

What was political about it? It was the President of the United States talking about the national championship game. He is a fan, and the President, and even has a brother in law who coaches college bball. The only people annoyed by it, in my estimation, are those who don't want to see President Obama anytime, anywhere. He talked strictly basketball, even about his daughters playing. Holy Cow.
And it had what, really, to do with basketball? He has what, really, to do with basketball? I personally don't care what you think annoys me since you don't know me. It annoyed me when it was Bush, it would have annoyed me if it was Reagan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.