Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds, Joey Votto Nearing Extension

Featured Replies

^Yeah that was a number suggested back in January by a writer. Doesn't mean it's even close to the grand total. You not surprisingly left out the part of the article talking about how it won't be surprising if the total deal is over $200M. That doesn't say a single thing about how much the extension is going to be for. Simple reading comprehension says that the numbers aren't known to the public.

 

Wait I thought the article had no numbers in it. Well except for the whole opening paragraph. If you are going to axe grind me at least attempt to have a valid reason, not just because you're mad about some post I made in P&R. Bottom line is that if Votto takes anything less that $215 million he's giving the Reds a deep discount and the writer of this article suggest it could get done for $187 million.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boys, let's keep this on topic.

I would be really happy to see the Reds get this done. It's not only good for Cincinnati/NL but the game. I wonder how much this will affect them down the road with signing new players or what the payroll will jump to?

 

Regardless, the Reds ownership is showing their commitment to keep a competitive baseball team in Cincy. I hope the fans show their appreciation by filling the seats at GABP this year and the years to come.

For the record, I would like to know how this will handcuff the Reds in the future? I'm not remotely saying I'd prefer not to sign him to such an extension. Simply saying does this put the Reds in a hamstrung position, cashwise, for the near future?

:lol: :lol:

 

@MoEgger1530: Votto extension near. Gonna go outside and flip over a station van.

 

@MoEgger1540: I could start burning some of our office furniture. Not like a lot of it is being used.

Heard on 700 WLW that the deal is 10 years, 200 million.

For the record, I would like to know how this will handcuff the Reds in the future? I'm not remotely saying I'd prefer not to sign him to such an extension. Simply saying does this put the Reds in a hamstrung position, cashwise, for the near future?

 

Scott Rolen is getting $8.167m for 2012 and probably will be done at anything even remotely near that number should he want to stick around another year. Arroyo has 2 more years @ $12m in 2012 and $11.5m for 2013. He is gone after that if not sooner. They took $12.125m off the books by not resigning Cordero. So there are some things they can do to keep the numbers down. I think they can still get something done with BP and keep the salary numbers between $90-$100m. If BP won't sign they will let him go next year and hope that Hamilton is ready for the "Bigs".

  • Author
Scott Rolen is getting $8.167m for 2012 and probably will be done at anything even remotely near that number should he want to stick around another year. Arroyo has 2 more years @ $12m in 2012 and $11.5m for 2013. He is gone after that if not sooner. They took $12.125m off the books by not resigning Cordero. So there are some things they can do to keep the numbers down. I think they can still get something done with BP and keep the salary numbers between $90-$100m. If BP won't sign they will let him go next year and hope that Hamilton is ready for the "Bigs".

 

 

They are in pretty good shape next year.

 

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tj1FG9GPVGFzrJykhM94ogw&output=html

  • Author

Jon Heyman ‏ @JonHeymanCBS

hearing votto deal is for 10 years. I believe that is 10 total, including the 2 he has on existing deal. #reds

 

So locking him up till he is 38.

 

You would have to think it's at least $160M.

John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

A big reason Votto's close to signing as extension? "I'm about to sign a huge deal, John, and you're the only media I have answer to."

  • Author

Ken Rosenthal ‏ @Ken_Rosenthal

 

 

 

Can confirm report by @JonHeymanCBS. Votto deal will be 10 years, $200M. Through age 38. #Reds

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.