Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buzz builds that Broncos will make a run at Manning

Featured Replies

Jim, I did some research and found several threads where you are just waiting for christians to fail as you wrote about Josh Hamilton. You implied as Josh failed and the" Bible Tossing folks" as you wait on "Tim to also fail." So, this shows how what I said about how you deal with Christians on the board are true. I also found more but this one kinda shows what I was talking about.

 

My other point is where are the Christians on this site baiting you to respond to threads, or trying to pick apart their core beliefs so you can question them and call them names? On page two of your posts are several, I can rehash if you want, but am not that mean spirited to prove my point in my debate. I only needed the one.

 

Tim will not fail. He was asked to be on the "The Bachelor" and refused..."I'm a football player". What young man would not want to be on the show with all the pretty/nice girls and travel to places and just have fun/ But their parties wouldn't have any hard drinks and he wouldn't even kiss one of them...Now, I wouldn't drink anything either but sharing some sugar. Romans 16:16 says to "greet each other with a Holy Kiss". :banana:

 

Had you done comprehensive research instead of just cherry-picking a few posts to suit your preconceived notion of me (hmmm … :sssh:), you would have also discovered the at-length explanations of why I am so put off by the Bible-tossers and other people who like to cram their version of Christianity down others' throat.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horrible comparison...

 

You're right, Kurt Warner would be more appropriate.

You're right, Kurt Warner would be more appropriate.

 

 

:lol:

 

That's even worse.

Didn't I explain where God doesn't care about a game and if he did and one Christian prays to do well, the other team has the same guy asking God for the same. So who does God favor?

 

His use of the term is a little strong, but he has his right and I have the right to debate his "Blithering idiot" name calling.To imply" I insult your intelligence" because I like his success as a result of his relationship to God. There is no where I said that and just showed what I wrote and have written on this subject. The Christians who do are not in tune with God's nature. Find where I wrote that phrase a few posts back. I said they are making a mistake by giving God credit for Tim success. I said it was hard work and his team mates. Didn't you read all of this? I can't debate you guys if you don't read what I wrote? :idunno:

 

So, in kind of a weird way, you essentially agree with me, just not with my harsh description. And that's great. My opinion remains the same of those folks who think that God cares so much about the fortunes of Tebow's team that He would favor the Broncos while at the same time punishing other teams (featuring rosters that also contain plenty of devout Christians).

:lol:

 

That's even worse.

 

It's better than Eli Manning.

 

Manning is a former #1 draft pick with all the talent in the world. It took him a few years to look like that #1 pick, but that's beside the point.

 

Tebow isn't a former #1 pick, nor does he have the amount of talent/potential that Eli does.

It's better than Eli Manning.

 

Manning is a former #1 draft pick with all the talent in the world. It took him a few years to look like that #1 pick, but that's beside the point.

 

Tebow isn't a former #1 pick, nor does he have the amount of talent/potential that Eli does.

 

And Warner was undrafted and won an MVP and Super Bowl when he finally got an opportunity to play. I'm going to say Warner and Eli are both horrible examples. :lol:

And Warner was undrafted and won an MVP and Super Bowl when he finally got an opportunity to play. I'm going to say Warner and Eli are both horrible examples. :lol:

 

I agree, somewhat.

 

Eli-horrible example.

 

Warner...not so good example. :lol:

I agree, somewhat.

 

Eli-horrible example.

 

Warner...not so good example. :lol:

 

Horrible if you're on PP's side of the debate. Warner didn't win the MVP and Super Bowl his first year, that's my point. More relative to this discussion, he was a devout Christian. He and his wife were ridiculed incessantly, which inspired and drove him to succeed.

 

Tebow isn't the first athlete to wear his faith on his sleeve. Did it bother you when the Reverend Reggie White would "praise the Lord after a game; or when Mike Tyson would thank God after he pummelled another man; or when Albert Pujols crosses himself before he bats or when he points to heaven after a home run; or when John Kitna wears a hat with a cross on it.

 

With all this said, if the Bronc's can sign Peyton, they'd be foolish not to.

Horrible if you're on PP's side of the debate. Warner didn't win the MVP and Super Bowl his first year, that's my point. More relative to this discussion, he was a devout Christian. He and his wife were ridiculed incessantly, which inspired and drove him to succeed.

 

Tebow isn't the first athlete to wear his faith on his sleeve. Did it bother you when the Reverend Reggie White would "praise the Lord after a game; or when Mike Tyson would thank God after he pummelled another man; or when Albert Pujols crosses himself before he bats or when he points to heaven after a home run; or when John Kitna wears a hat with a cross on it.

 

With all this said, if the Bronc's can sign Peyton, they'd be foolish not to.

 

Is all of this directed at me? Because Tebow's faith doesn't bother me.

Horrible if you're on PP's side of the debate. Warner didn't win the MVP and Super Bowl his first year, that's my point. More relative to this discussion, he was a devout Christian. He and his wife were ridiculed incessantly, which inspired and drove him to succeed.

 

Tebow isn't the first athlete to wear his faith on his sleeve. Did it bother you when the Reverend Reggie White would "praise the Lord after a game; or when Mike Tyson would thank God after he pummelled another man; or when Albert Pujols crosses himself before he bats or when he points to heaven after a home run; or when John Kitna wears a hat with a cross on it.

 

With all this said, if the Bronc's can sign Peyton, they'd be foolish not to.

 

:lol: :lol:

 

 

His faith doesn't bother me. People who think he is successful on the football field because of his faith bother me. :lol:

 

I could care less what any athlete's religious views are. I could care less if they believe in God or not. Their spiritual life makes no difference to me whatsoever. My take on Kurt Warner was strictly football related and I never said it was Warner's first year. I said when he got an opportunity to play.

No HB, it was in response to PP. PP, two of your quotes stand out to me; (paraphrasing) "you don't mix sports and religion", and "Tebow's success had nothing to do with his relationship with God". I'm merely pointing out that many prominent athletes do not share that perspective whether it be related to their health, opportunity, success,ability, or whatever.. Again, maybe not in W's and L's or athletic success.

I admire Tebow more as a man than an NFL QB.

Apparently Tom doesn't pray enough because his wife doesn't know when to keep her big mouth shut.

 

Well, they did drop a lot of passes...

Horrible comparison...

 

Not at all, he was mediocre. He got better. Just pointing out that they don't always fade into the woodwork.

It's better than Eli Manning.

 

Manning is a former #1 draft pick with all the talent in the world. It took him a few years to look like that #1 pick, but that's beside the point.

 

Tebow isn't a former #1 pick, nor does he have the amount of talent/potential that Eli does.

 

So what if Manning underperfomed for years? Bottom line is that at this point he was as mediocre as Tebow. Tebow may improve or he may not. He has some physical abilities that could be developed. My point was that mediocre QB's don't always just disappear. Particularly when they've only had a limited number of games to develope.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.