Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buzz builds that Broncos will make a run at Manning

Featured Replies

If the Broncos want to get rid of Tebow that makes sense. If they do I would move Tebow to Jax for a 1st rounder. Then I'd go get Reggie Wayne to play opposite Calvin Jr. That would upgrade that offense real fast.

Still think it will be Manning/Fitz/Wayne as the new triplets. No doubt Miami will fire the most cash then Wash.

Seahawks want him but that weather is bad.

Longshot where he could win it all is Hou. How bad would Peyton/Arian/AJohnson be? Possibly the best at each position! I'm still not sold he's healthy yet.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, its you. It just seems to me you just set around waiting for a topic about the Christian Faith and you want to bash the Christians on here. I'm always defending why I believe to you and others to, to be fair. And it does get old. I enjoy your comments other wise, but where do you see me jumping on topics you believe in? Where? Only in the defense of the Christian faith. We go around and around doing the same ole stuff. I'm not gonna change the way I believe but hope to change the way you and others do.

 

Its what we are told to do. 1st Peter 3:15/16, Notice where I said God doesn't care about the game, and I agree that a lot of folks might say God had a hand in what Tim does? But when Tim prays for a win, there are devout Christians on the other team who are also praying, so they rule each other out. God loves that person equally with Tim, those people don't understand the nature of God.

 

If I call attention to stupid remarks made by all people...well, I don't have that much time. Hope you can see my point in my comments and not said in any type of anger. Mainly just curious on why you and others jump to situations on our Faith .Also do you research any of the scripture verses I have shared on here. I do that to help others, not to hurt.

 

 

I think you're being way too sensitive about Tebow. If you look at the conversation JS simply said that anyone who believes Tim's success is a result of divine intervention is a blithering idiot. And I agree. And so do many others. I get that people like Tebow because he is a God fearing, in your face, not ashamed, all glory be to God Christian and that's cool. But don't insult my intelligence by acting like his success is a result of his relationship to God. It's an insult to Christians just as proud as he is who didn't find success.

I really don't know if his success is due to divine intervention. What I do know is that people that care to believe that are not necessarily blithering idiots just because you disagree with them. I do know that his personal success is driven by his core faith and values. His drive and determination (and a great defense) have been instrumental in the Broncos success, as part of a tremendous team effort. I don't believe God caused fumbles or missed field goals for the other team, but God has chosen to allow Tebow to be a good steward and minister of his faith. Tebow has inspired his own team at all levels of sports, not all of whom are Christians. He has inspired hardened criminals/prisoners back to prayer. Why is it hard to comprehend that he has a message that some of us accept, admire and appreciate. Sorry to insult you PP, but I do believe that his success is a direct result of his relationship wit God; not necessarily in the form of Bronco wins or QB ratings though.

I really don't know if his success is due to divine intervention. What I do know is that people that care to believe that are not necessarily blithering idiots just because you disagree with them. I do know that his personal success is driven by his core faith and values. His drive and determination (and a great defense) have been instrumental in the Broncos success, as part of a tremendous team effort. I don't believe God caused fumbles or missed field goals for the other team, but God has chosen to allow Tebow to be a good steward and minister of his faith. Tebow has inspired his own team at all levels of sports, not all of whom are Christians. He has inspired hardened criminals/prisoners back to prayer. Why is it hard to comprehend that he has a message that some of us accept, admire and appreciate. Sorry to insult you PP, but I do believe that his success is a direct result of his relationship wit God; not necessarily in the form of Bronco wins or QB ratings though.

 

 

It's not hard to comprehend his message. I just choose to believe that his successes as a Christian have nothing to do with his success(or lack of) as a football player. I also choose to keep my religion and my sports separate. One has nothing to do with the other. And that's where the disconnect comes in.

I think you're being way too sensitive about Tebow. If you look at the conversation JS simply said that anyone who believes Tim's success is a result of divine intervention is a blithering idiot. And I agree. And so do many others. I get that people like Tebow because he is a God fearing, in your face, not ashamed, all glory be to God Christian and that's cool. But don't insult my intelligence by acting like his success is a result of his relationship to God. It's an insult to Christians just as proud as he is who didn't find success.
Didn't I explain where God doesn't care about a game and if he did and one Christian prays to do well, the other team has the same guy asking God for the same. So who does God favor?

 

His use of the term is a little strong, but he has his right and I have the right to debate his "Blithering idiot" name calling.To imply" I insult your intelligence" because I like his success as a result of his relationship to God. There is no where I said that and just showed what I wrote and have written on this subject. The Christians who do are not in tune with God's nature. Find where I wrote that phrase a few posts back. I said they are making a mistake by giving God credit for Tim success. I said it was hard work and his team mates. Didn't you read all of this? I can't debate you guys if you don't read what I wrote? :idunno:

What forum am I in?

Jim, I did some research and found several threads where you are just waiting for christians to fail as you wrote about Josh Hamilton. You implied as Josh failed and the" Bible Tossing folks" as you wait on "Tim to also fail." So, this shows how what I said about how you deal with Christians on the board are true. I also found more but this one kinda shows what I was talking about.

 

My other point is where are the Christians on this site baiting you to respond to threads, or trying to pick apart their core beliefs so you can question them and call them names? On page two of your posts are several, I can rehash if you want, but am not that mean spirited to prove my point in my debate. I only needed the one.

 

Tim will not fail. He was asked to be on the "The Bachelor" and refused..."I'm a football player". What young man would not want to be on the show with all the pretty/nice girls and travel to places and just have fun/ But their parties wouldn't have any hard drinks and he wouldn't even kiss one of them...Now, I wouldn't drink anything either but sharing some sugar. Romans 16:16 says to "greet each other with a Holy Kiss". :banana:

What forum am I in?

 

"Bashing Tim on his faith", but I see your point and will ease up or go to a thread or ask theguru to have its own topic.

Didn't I explain where God doesn't care about a game and if he did and one Christian prays to do well, the other team has the same guy asking God for the same. So who does God favor?

 

His use of the term is a little strong, but he has his right and I have the right to debate his "Blithering idiot" name calling.To imply" I insult your intelligence" because I like his success as a result of his relationship to God. There is no where I said that and just showed what I wrote and have written on this subject. The Christians who do are not in tune with God's nature. Find where I wrote that phrase a few posts back. I said they are making a mistake by giving God credit for Tim success. I said it was hard work and his team mates. Didn't you read all of this? I can't debate you guys if you don't read what I wrote? :idunno:

 

Let me rephrase....it's an insult to my intelligence to say that Tebow's success on the football field is a direct result of his relationship with God. Did that clear it up for you?

My disdain for Peyton Manning is well-known on this board. However, because my disdain is exponentially greater for the blithering morons who make up the 50 percent you speak of, I am cheering very hard for this scenario.
Clyde..

Yeah, I pray Peyton goes to Denver so Tebow will disappear once for all like all mediocre quarterbacks do.

Yeah, I pray Peyton goes to Denver so Tebow will disappear once for all like all mediocre quarterbacks do.

 

Or they get better like Eli Manning did.

"Bashing Tim on his faith", but I see your point and will ease up or go to a thread or ask theguru to have its own topic.

 

I'm not bashing Tebow on his faith. I am bashing him for being mediocre and needing to be replaced by Peyton. I am also bashing Tebow fans who believe his success on the football field is divine intervention.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.