Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buzz builds that Broncos will make a run at Manning

Featured Replies

What mediocre to good quarterback would HB20 and PP92 use if they don't like a number 1 and an undrafted who both rose up? That's both ends of the spectrum for comparison purposes.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had you done comprehensive research instead of just cherry-picking a few posts to suit your preconceived notion of me (hmmm … :sssh:), you would have also discovered the at-length explanations of why I am so put off by the Bible-tossers and other people who like to cram their version of Christianity down others' throat.
I just read what you have written, and as a Bible tosser thats fine, I love a little debate, its a hobby of mine. It allows me to search the scripture with a purpose. I also said before I researched your comments on religion that I enjoyed reading your comments.

 

I also shared some with members of my family and they were surprised at the idiots comments, but they won't lose any sleep over it. We face people like you all the time. In fact on my job I would be in a Locomotive cab with a guy/girl for 12 hours up and 12 back, and you have no idea how many times the guy would ask me to talk about anything except religion. I respected that. Hell is hot and eternity is a long time.

 

On the "cramming Christianity down the throat", why do you come to the thread? I never go to some threads on here never, I have nothing positive to add, so I just stay away?

So, in kind of a weird way, you essentially agree with me, just not with my harsh description. And that's great. My opinion remains the same of those folks who think that God cares so much about the fortunes of Tebow's team that He would favor the Broncos while at the same time punishing other teams (featuring rosters that also contain plenty of devout Christians).
Yes, thats true and not weird. Tim has even said he doesn't pray for a win, and neither did I when I played sports for over 50 years. And mine is also not changed, I hope PP92 read this again. God doesn't favor people for a game, he doesn't care, but wants us to mention him when ever we can, and Tim does what he is taught. Look at how Christian Athletes who give blessing to God during an interview? Is it for real or for show?

 

I was teaching 4th grade kids and asked for prayer requests. One kid girl whose dad was a Deacon said. "Today is my birthday and I want plenty of presents!" We also some kids who did a great job as young Christians.

No HB, it was in response to PP. PP, two of your quotes stand out to me; (paraphrasing) "you don't mix sports and religion", and "Tebow's success had nothing to do with his relationship with God". I'm merely pointing out that many prominent athletes do not share that perspective whether it be related to their health, opportunity, success,ability, or whatever.. Again, maybe not in W's and L's or athletic success.

I admire Tebow more as a man than an NFL QB.

 

I do too. He's a great guy and a garbage qb but he got more pub than Rodgers did this year. Despicable. When talking sports I really don't care or think about character of the man. Period.

I just read what you have written, and as a Bible tosser thats fine, I love a little debate, its a hobby of mine. It allows me to search the scripture with a purpose. I also said before I researched your comments on religion that I enjoyed reading your comments.

 

I also shared some with members of my family and they were surprised at the idiots comments, but they won't lose any sleep over it. We face people like you all the time. In fact on my job I would be in a Locomotive cab with a guy/girl for 12 hours up and 12 back, and you have no idea how many times the guy would ask me to talk about anything except religion. I respected that. Hell is hot and eternity is a long time.

 

On the "cramming Christianity down the throat", why do you come to the thread? I never go to some threads on here never, I have nothing positive to add, so I just stay away?

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

You think you've got me all figured out, don't you? What gall ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

You think you've got me all figured out, don't you? What gall ...

 

Nope, but I can read. But you have Tim down pat and waiting for him to fail...

Nope, but I can read. But you have Tim down pat and waiting for him to fail...

 

It's inevitable.

It's inevitable.

Please define what you think it is inevitable that he will fail?

Personally, huge Tebow fan and hope he can lead Broncos to the Super Bowl.

 

Broncos are crazy if they don't make a run at Manning. Needs better receiving corps than Broncos presently have, though.

 

As far as God caring about/getting involved in sports, no clue, but know if God wanted to, he could.

Please define what you think it is inevitable that he will fail?

 

As an NFL qb. It is inevitable that he will fail to live up to what his fans want to see from him. He's simply not good. At least that is what I hope.

As an NFL qb. It is inevitable that he will fail to live up to what his fans want to see from him. He's simply not good. At least that is what I hope.

That is fine. Impression was there that you thought it was inevitable he would fail as being a positive Christian role model. Wanted to be clear on what you were saying.

 

Why do you "hope" he fails?

 

With all of the negative stories on sports why do you hope one of the positive stories fails?

That is fine. Impression was there that you thought it was inevitable he would fail as being a positive Christian role model. Wanted to be clear on what you were saying.

 

Why do you "hope" he fails?

 

With all of the negative stories on sports why do you hope one of the positive stories fails?

 

Because I have never liked him. Ever. When I don't like an athlete I want to see them fail. Just the way I am wired. He's not alone on that list. Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, Chris Bosh, Tyler Hansbrough, Harrison Barnes, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Jordan when he played, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone.......there are so many. Whether their story is positive or negative means very little to me. I still like Mike Vick even though he has proven to have very little social awareness. Kobe Bryant is one of my favorite athletes of all time even though he is an accused rapist and known philanderer. Randy Moss is my favorite football player and he isn't exactly a positive story in a lot of people's eyes as well. I could care less about positive stories and a positive story will never be enough for me to root for someone. Entertain me on the field. I've always felt Tebow was overrated and that stupid little jump pass he used to do still grates me to this day.

Because I have never liked him. Ever. When I don't like an athlete I want to see them fail. Just the way I am wired. He's not alone on that list. Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, Chris Bosh, Tyler Hansbrough, Harrison Barnes, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Jordan when he played, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone.......there are so many. Whether their story is positive or negative means very little to me. I still like Mike Vick even though he has proven to have very little social awareness. Kobe Bryant is one of my favorite athletes of all time even though he is an accused rapist and known philanderer. Randy Moss is my favorite football player and he isn't exactly a positive story in a lot of people's eyes as well. I could care less about positive stories and a positive story will never be enough for me to root for someone. Entertain me on the field. I've always felt Tebow was overrated and that stupid little jump pass he used to do still grates me to this day.

 

Id root for Tim Tebow all day every day over Mike Vick. How anyone who has ever looked at a dog let alone owned one could ever root for that man is beyond me.

What mediocre to good quarterback would HB20 and PP92 use if they don't like a number 1 and an undrafted who both rose up? That's both ends of the spectrum for comparison purposes.

 

Warner is the better comparison. I was wrong when I said that was a horrible...or not so good comparison.

 

Tebow just doesn't have the QB skills of either of the QB's mentioned. It's hard to compare him to anyone. He's just Tebow and there's nothing wrong with that. As much as I hate the guy because of the hype, he seems like the type of guy who has a will to succeed. It wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to he a decent QB. He'll never be a Warner or Manning though.

Id root for Tim Tebow all day every day over Mike Vick. How anyone who has ever looked at a dog let alone owned one could ever root for that man is beyond me.

 

 

I have three dogs. Three huskies. What Vick did was deplorable but what he did away from the field has no bearing on if I will root for him on the field. Everybody is different. Some people don't like Tebow because he and his family tried to convert Catholics to Baptists but that has no bearing on why I don't like Tebow. Again, everybody is different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.