Does the Manning sweepstakes undermine several NFL teams?

Every team that shows an interest in Manning is casting a degree of no confidence in their current QB. For example the Jets, they have enough issues with their pompous head coach, colorful players, and lack of production from Sanchez. Of course everyone always defends Sanchez but showing interest in Manning is anything but confidence in Sanchez. The list goes on: Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, Dolphins, Redskins, etc.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it different than any other FA on the market?

I think it is. Teams use several players at other positions but only one at QB. In other words, say you bring in a FA CB, most teams use three or four CBs each game.

How is it showing lack of confidence if you bring in a guy who might be able to take you to the Super Bowl? Do you think that any of those teams mentioned have a guy that can do that?

You just made my point. Lots of us fans think that (those teams don't have very good QBs) but using the Jets as an example they have stuck by Sanchez, however, if they entertain the thought of bringing Manning in it shows us all the confidence in Sanchez was nothing but a charade.

There hasn't been a free agent like Peyton at this age ever. Any team could use him, his 4th quarters come backs are special. Tom Brady is safe/Drew Brees/Eli/maybe a young QB Falcons/Bengals, but any other team might get Peyton. Dallas/San Diego/I wouldn't blame them. This is gonna be fun the next few weeks.

Sanchez is not a QB that the Jets should show confidence in. He has not shown that he is progressing to the point that you can win a Superbowl with him. I would argue that the Jets tried to make the team into a Sanchez-led operation this year and missed the playoffs because of it. So, if Mark Sanchez has a problem with pursuing Peyton then he should perform consistently and then the Jets wouldn't have to look at him.

I'd take Manning at 75% over the majority of QBs in the league. All the QBs from teams that were listed are sorry. So what if you hurt the feelings of Matt Moore or Rex Grossman, there a plenty of QBs cut from the same cloth available if PM doesn't pan out.

I realize Peyton is a better option than what any of those teams have my point is only one team is going to end up with Peyton and the rest of them are going to end up with hard feelings and dissension in the ranks.

I don't understand why teams who have qbs that led them to their respectable conference title games would look for another qb. Bum puzzles me.

Deciding between Mark Sanchez and Peyton Manning is not hard PP92. With that said, I don't think Peyton will go to New York.