Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NUMBER 1 FAN

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NUMBER 1 FAN

  1. State rules prohibit a coach or school from penalizing an athelete who is active in a varsity sport which is on going, which means they can not force them to attend practice or try out until the season is over. Football players have to be given a different try out date if their season runs beyond the scheduled try out date. They are also required to allow a week between the end of the football season and the start of basketball season if the issue is pushed. This situation becomes serious when the football teams are deep into the playoffs.
  2. He was at practice yesterday going at it hard. He hit the weights while he was off. Should you be at work? Keifer is also back.
  3. Just my opinion but I thought it was the wrong move for their coach to do what he did with the push up scene. Those are the things that you do at practice. I am sure that it did not affect their level of play. The only thing that it could have done was drive them lower into the ground. The coach has to take the biggest hit on a loss like that. Now if he would have done the push ups with them I would have had a little better feeling about it. Bad move on the coaches part. I don't thing he knows much about how the mind of a teenage boy works aparently he has forgotten what it was like. I wish their team the best of luck the rest of the season.
  4. Well I am not sure how fast he is but at half time he has 6 TDs. I guess speed is not an issue.
  5. I don't know that there is a time line. I really think that it is safe to assume that they will not field a varsity unit the first year.
  6. If you are a Jr or below you have to move to the new school. If they can not field a varsity football unit the first year, which they don't think they will the Jr and Sr class may stay at their curent school. So the hope is if you are a soph this year is that Cooper does not have a varsity sport for your Jr. year. Then you can finish out your high school years with out moving.
  7. You could apply your comment to most Northern KY high school teams. Your not going to find the high powered O that your looking for unless you go to Louisville or across the river. But they did work the ball in the air more than what they have in the past and it is certainly not something that is going to change over night. And the jump ball looked better than just a jump ball to me but I guess I could be wrong. I think that they were smart to take advantage of the mismatch in the endzone. To compair the offense to pee wee is pretty extreem but it is a free country.
  8. I don't see Josh comming out. It is hard to do when you walked away last season.
  9. I agree that there is a lot of talent on this team. What I found disturbing last year was that I did not see much effort on the part of the upper class to welcome the yonger class. If anything they considered them to be a threat and pushed them away. I think the older boys missed the boat with this situation. They had a chance to play a major role in developing the younger players. The other sports at Ryle seem to take a different approach or at least it appears to be different. I hope that the situation is different this year because it just divides the team.
  10. Ryle fans are holding their breath and hopeful that the team shows up to play Friday night. I don't think that they could live through another tragedy like last week.
  11. Everyone is holding their breath at this point. Should be a big win but so should have last week.
  12. After last weeks football display no one wants to talk.
  13. Because of his history as a player and a coach it does not appear that he would not motivate kids on his team.
  14. Well I guess the coach always takes the hit in a situation like this but Rome was not built in a day. I have never played for their coach but he does not strike me to be the type of coach that is being discribed. I see him as someone who would do what ever it took to produce a winning program. I also know that his heart is in the right place because of where he came from. You got to have some motivation skills to coach where he came from. It is sad that someone would have that opion after only 3 games.
  15. Well I guess the coach always takes the hit in a situation like this but Rome was not built in a day. I have never played for their coach but he does not strike me to be the type of coach that is being discribed. I see him as someone who would do what ever it took to produce a winning program. I also no that his heart is in the right place because of where he came from. You got to have some motivation skills to coach where he came from. It is sad that someone would have that opion after only 3 games.
  16. You are right on the money!!!!!!
  17. I just didn't see many go in the air tonight.
  18. I would love to see them turn into a passing team but I just don't see it happening in the near future. May next year with a young QB.:confused:
  19. I would agree with your statement but it is going to be a battle.
  20. I hope that they come in with that attitude.
  21. Ryle played poorly. The final was 19 - 7. It looked like they took Holmes lightly. Holmes' QB was able to get out of their reach a number of times. I don't think the Ryle coaches were very happy.
  22. Agreed, they have to put the ball in the air or for that matter any team that is going to go South must do the same. I think that if their QB can get dailed in too his receivers you will see much more of an air game this year. They have some big receivers this year that could make a difference.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.