Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Ryle turns the Red Colonels blue.
      62%
      62
    • Dixie sinks the Raiders ship.
      37%
      37

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Can Ryle bounce back from the emotion game last week?

 

Is Dixie starting a run towards the playoffs after balding the Scott Eagles?

 

Will Dixie run the ball less than 20 times?

 

Will Ryle throw it more than 10?

 

Who wins?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One program seems to be headed in one direction and the other school, nearly in the opposite direction. With that said, should be one of the top games in Northern Kentucky this Friday.

I'm sure Dixie would like to avenge the two losses of last year. However, I really don't care if Dixie wins this week or not. What I'd like to see is Spritzky going into this game with a game plan to work on specific areas of the offense. The 2 seed is locked up in the playoffs, so these last two games are perfect to work on things before the playoffs. I'd also like to see some of the backups get a little more work, so they can develop a little more depth going into the playoffs.

I'd like to see Dixie do a better job of tackling and stopping the run. Ryle should give Dixie to opportunity to work on both.

Ryle seems to be getting the passing game on track, which will open it up for Schmitz. Dixie had trouble stopping the pass against Boone. Other then a big play or two, the Raiders held Farris in check and completely took the passing game away from Boone. Raiders by 14.

Should be a good game, but why would either team lay it out (besides pride) and risk hurting their team too much with the playoffs two weeks away and a game that is meaningless to the playoff standings?

I'm sure Dixie would like to avenge the two losses of last year. However, I really don't care if Dixie wins this week or not. What I'd like to see is Spritzky going into this game with a game plan to work on specific areas of the offense. The 2 seed is locked up in the playoffs, so these last two games are perfect to work on things before the playoffs. I'd also like to see some of the backups get a little more work, so they can develop a little more depth going into the playoffs.

 

I think that Tom will do exactly what you and shooter are hoping for. IMO he's already doing that as is evidenced by the 48-7 victory over Scott which most said would be a low scoring affair. I've never known him to panic when things aren't going well like others do. He usually just works harder at finding solutions. I doubt that he doesn't know anything we do, just that his approach to a resolution is slightly different. I have seen him work miracles in the past and am hoping for a similar outcome. Being a head coach is a huge responsibility, especially when expectations of the alumni and fans are so great and the outcomes are determined by 15,16, and 17 year old kids. Tom always has a game plan that is setting something up that we will need in three, four, or five weeks away, the problem is the kids don't always execute it the way it's drawn up. So he goes back to the well and starts over the next week.

 

If your Dixie, you have to feel that this is where we knew we were going to be since day one. We start slow every year and we have the two most important games of the season in the first four weeks. A two seed is realistic.

Next we set our sights on a district championship and a state title. Both of which are doable if the kids keep plugging away and working on their deficiencies. There are a few kids on each side of the ball who need to continue to step up and play better. All they have to do is ask themselves, "How do I want to be remembered?" If they answer the question correctly, the rest will take care of itself.

It's senior night at Dixie, coming off a big win, and lots to prove. I like our odds.

Dixie-24

Ryle-14

Big win, but otherwise meaningless, younger guys need to get in to help out and also get some reps. Dixie wins, controls the game in almost every aspect. LETS BUILD SOME MOMENTUM BOYS!!!

It's senior night at Dixie, coming off a big win, and lots to prove. I like our odds.

Dixie-24

Ryle-14

Big win, but otherwise meaningless, younger guys need to get in to help out and also get some reps. Dixie wins, controls the game in almost every aspect. LETS BUILD SOME MOMENTUM BOYS!!!

 

 

Im sorry but there is no way dixie will control the game in every aspect. Ryle comes off a tough loss to Boone County in overtime. Ryle will come out very mad and ready to play Ryle by 2 tds plus.

I believe a few years ago Ryle came out fired up, ready to play, and expected to win big. Dixie shut them out to go on and win districts, I believe that Dixie will want some revenge from last year.

Best game of the week in NKY.

 

;)should be a good one. I think Ryle will have a big chip on there shoulders and win exciting game 27-24.

I believe a few years ago Ryle came out fired up, ready to play, and expected to win big. Dixie shut them out to go on and win districts, I believe that Dixie will want some revenge from last year.

 

I don't know about revenge, but I do think that the Colonels need to keep an eye on the prize. Ryle, and CC are quality oponents to get us better. Don't get hung up in the win/loss thing. Keep working on the small stuff. Offense, our passing game needs consistency and Joey needs to continue working the MIDDLE of the field and his recievers need to stop dropping balls. You're a three year starter Joe, relax and let yourself play like it.The ten to fifteen yard crossing and hitches, the slants and digs, not just the fly and bubble screens. Where is the swing pass and middle screen BTW?

Defense, you need to do your job and make a tackle. Our LB's have gotten pushed around all year. Do your job and you will be in position to make a play. Most of the time it seems our LB's are putting themselves out of position on their own. Also the O line's are attacking them which means our DL is one on one and need to get off their blocks better to force them to double them. DB's on a third and long DON'T let anyone beyond you, don't play the QB play the reciever. Especially safeties or CB's in cover one. Keep the play in front of you. Your first responsiblility is the big play. Ryle likes to run the post corner, hitch and go and they do it great. Don't fall for it. Make them earn it and don't give it away.

No need to panic Colonels, just keep pluggin away and no matter what in three weeks we'll be fine. In four week's we'll be even better.

Teams win, individuals loose. Do your job and trust your team mates to do theirs.

 

my last BTW - great win last Friday team and keep the momentum going.

Should be a good game, but why would either team lay it out (besides pride) and risk hurting their team too much with the playoffs two weeks away and a game that is meaningless to the playoff standings?

 

Both teams will lay it on the line. It seems like Dixie has been game ten for Ryle for 3-4 years. It's weird not having any playoff implications. Sure glad it's a rug game at Dixie's nice new facility with the cooler temps and wet week ahead. Those rubber pellets are easier to wash out than the mud stains.

Both teams will lay it on the line. It seems like Dixie has been game ten for Ryle for 3-4 years. It's weird not having any playoff implications. Sure glad it's a rug game at Dixie's nice new facility with the cooler temps and wet week ahead. Those rubber pellets are easier to wash out than the mud stains.

 

Yeah to be honest, I would much rather be back in four A. I love the district we had and the rivalries be were building not just within our district but without. I'm still getting used to this new classification thing but it doesn't have the same taste in my mouth. Whoever heard of playing for the district title in week four.:irked:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.