Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 38 Conner 9

Featured Replies

Lets hope this is simply a character building year in Hebron.

  • Author
Lets hope this is simply a character building year in Hebron.

 

 

Not going to get any easier the next few years with 500 to 600 kids leaving Conner for Cooper High.

I know this is kinda off the thread but I heard Cooper is only going to hold around 850.....anyone else hear that?

Lets hope this is simply a character building year in Hebron.

 

Not to be rude, but there didn't appear to be a whole lot to be positive about watching Conner's team. Sophomore RB Pugh is certainly a solid back and sophomore QB West has a strong arm, but their offensive line was thoroughly dominated and there just wasn't much at all on defense. Then to think that they will lose a chunk of kids to the new high school, and you get the feeling that it won't be a quick fix for Conner.

 

Ryle looked very good defensively except for the one long TD pass (very nice throw by Conner QB). Offensively Ryle opened it up a bit and had a couple of nice TD tosses. Schmitz had yet another high yardage rushing game. All in all the offense looked solid, but it's a little hard to put it in perspective because they weren't facing one of the better defenses that they are going to see this year.

I don't think your comment is rude at all. Conner has had a very rough transition this year so far with the new Coach. It had to be done.

 

But, it should have been done about 3 years ago. It remains to be seen if Coach Trosper can fix all that is wrong, and has been wrong for a while now. He has made some positive strides, losing some players along the way, some of those logged several minutes playing time.

 

I am curious to see how things progress if we can stomach all the losses.

 

Pugh is a decent back with good size for a soph. West is a good soph QB but, hopefully these guys are getting coached up because they have the potential to much much better. Samad is another Soph QB that runs the JV. He sees the field very well and maybe more acurate than West. But to his credit he gets much more from his O line than West. Which is puzzling.

 

Conner also has a skinny Soph, but big legged kicker, in Stevens. There are more "players" that should be contributors but as someone else pointed out they may lose to the new school.

Actually I do not beleive they will be losing but a hand full of if that many from the football team when Cooper opens.

 

I did not think Ryle opened anything up. Their passing game was basically a qb waggle, and a jump ball in the endzone. Still very much a predictable offense that lacks any imagination and looks like the offenses ran in the pee wee leagues.

Conner also has a skinny Soph, but big legged kicker, in Stevens. There are more "players" that should be contributors but as someone else pointed out they may lose to the new school.

 

 

Is he the kid that nailed the 44 yarder before the half?

Actually I do not beleive they will be losing but a hand full of if that many from the football team when Cooper opens.

 

I did not think Ryle opened anything up. Their passing game was basically a qb waggle, and a jump ball in the endzone. Still very much a predictable offense that lacks any imagination and looks like the offenses ran in the pee wee leagues.

 

You could apply your comment to most Northern KY high school teams. Your not going to find the high powered O that your looking for unless you go to Louisville or across the river. But they did work the ball in the air more than what they have in the past and it is certainly not something that is going to change over night. And the jump ball looked better than just a jump ball to me but I guess I could be wrong. I think that they were smart to take advantage of the mismatch in the endzone. To compair the offense to pee wee is pretty extreem but it is a free country.

I know this is kinda off the thread but I heard Cooper is only going to hold around 850.....anyone else hear that?

 

Yes, I here between 820 - 900 students.

Actually I do not beleive they will be losing but a hand full of if that many from the football team when Cooper opens.

 

I did not think Ryle opened anything up. Their passing game was basically a qb waggle, and a jump ball in the endzone. Still very much a predictable offense that lacks any imagination and looks like the offenses ran in the pee wee leagues.

 

Were we the same game? I thought there were two passes for touchdowns and they seemed to move the ball a few times with the pass. I'm not saying that Ryle has solved their passing game problems but with such a high powered running game do they need to be extremely profiicient to have a successful season? Schmits was over 200 yards rushing for the night and has over 1000 yards for the season. Producing scores in the air seems to me to be icing on the cake.

Is he the kid that nailed the 44 yarder before the half?

 

Yes... Aaron Stevens....He hit one from 53 yards in practive this week with room to spare...amazing leg from someone that is rail thin...

I don't think your comment is rude at all. Conner has had a very rough transition this year so far with the new Coach. It had to be done.

 

But, it should have been done about 3 years ago. It remains to be seen if Coach Trosper can fix all that is wrong, and has been wrong for a while now. He has made some positive strides, losing some players along the way, some of those logged several minutes playing time.

 

I am curious to see how things progress if we can stomach all the losses.

 

Pugh is a decent back with good size for a soph. West is a good soph QB but, hopefully these guys are getting coached up because they have the potential to much much better. Samad is another Soph QB that runs the JV. He sees the field very well and maybe more acurate than West. But to his credit he gets much more from his O line than West. Which is puzzling.

 

Conner also has a skinny Soph, but big legged kicker, in Stevens. There are more "players" that should be contributors but as someone else pointed out they may lose to the new school.

 

Well, I have to say that for as unimpressed as I was with Conner's varsity, I was very much impressed with Conner's JV squad today. There are some nice athletes on that team and their QB is by far and away the best JV QB I've seen this year (heck, he's better than quite a few varsity QB's I've seen). #34 WR is a very physical player with good hands. And there was some nice size on both sides of the line. So maybe the future isn't quite so bleak for Conner after all. :ylsuper:

  • Author
Well, I have to say that for as unimpressed as I was with Conner's varsity, I was very much impressed with Conner's JV squad today. There are some nice athletes on that team and their QB is by far and away the best JV QB I've seen this year (heck, he's better than quite a few varsity QB's I've seen). #34 WR is a very physical player with good hands. And there was some nice size on both sides of the line. So maybe the future isn't quite so bleak for Conner after all. :ylsuper:

 

Or perhaps the future is bright for Cooper HS ?

Or perhaps the future is bright for Cooper HS ?

 

 

Actually Conner will not lose many of their players to Cooper and in fact, one player's family is moving to stay in the Conner district! Go Cougars!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.