Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Ryle

Featured Replies

What does Ryle need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second year in Coach Mullins system...I think we should see a big improvement. Should have a nice sophmore class to go along with returning upperclassmen.

Do you think the sophs will see enough playing time to make a difference?

With as big as Ryle is, they should have had better teams than they did the past few years. I do look for them to improve a little. I think Logan Porter is their best senior player and could possibly have a good season. But they just don't have a big time player to count on night in & night out.

How are their guards? Do they have a pont guard that can make things happen?

I hear the Lampl boy is back at Ryle. Will he be able to play?

I hear the Lampl boy is back at Ryle. Will he be able to play?

 

 

I would guess not.

The current JR class won the region as FROSH. Will any of those boys contribute this year?

I disagree with you that Logan Porter is there best player John Maley

Maley is for sure Ryle's best player, however, he has the potential to be real REAL good. He certainly needs to work on his permiter game. He is a great defender, though. I look for Mitch Mcleish (sp) to give the Raiders some quality time at Point Guard. Is Josh Morgan planning on playing this year? If he could get his head into the game he could be a solid player, as well.

The current JR class won the region as FROSH. Will any of those boys contribute this year?

 

The Raiders must blend the talent of three strong classes together. The senior class mainly has John Maley and Logan Porter. John could be very good if he can get stronger mentally. Logan is solid defensive player with a lot of heart. They could use Erickson coming back as a three point shooter, but soccer may keep him away.

 

The Junior class has returning point guard in Andy Ahern. A very solid heady player who does not make many mistakes. A teammates dream because he makes the ones around him better and is clutch free throw shooter down the stretch. Kurt Russell is big question mark as he has not seemed to work on improving his game too much over the last two years. He will find life much more difficult this year without big Nick Nelson in the paint to guard the other teams big man. Steve Helmer is another quality shooter.

 

The sophomore class has McCleish, Coleman, Nichols, Pickton, and Cook as solid players who could demand some serious playing time if some of the other jrs and seniors do not perform well.

 

Coach Mullins second year should be better than first as he has the opportunity to work with these guys and put his own stamp on the program. Good luck to him as there is a lot of potential for a great season.

I hear the Lampl boy is back at Ryle. Will he be able to play?

 

Did he play Varsity last year?

I agree that there is a lot of talent on this team. What I found disturbing last year was that I did not see much effort on the part of the upper class to welcome the yonger class. If anything they considered them to be a threat and pushed them away. I think the older boys missed the boat with this situation. They had a chance to play a major role in developing the younger players. The other sports at Ryle seem to take a different approach or at least it appears to be different. I hope that the situation is different this year because it just divides the team.

Maley is for sure Ryle's best player, however, he has the potential to be real REAL good. He certainly needs to work on his permiter game. He is a great defender, though. I look for Mitch Mcleish (sp) to give the Raiders some quality time at Point Guard. Is Josh Morgan planning on playing this year? If he could get his head into the game he could be a solid player, as well.

 

I don't see Josh comming out. It is hard to do when you walked away last season.

I agree that there is a lot of talent on this team. What I found disturbing last year was that I did not see much effort on the part of the upper class to welcome the yonger class. If anything they considered them to be a threat and pushed them away. I think the older boys missed the boat with this situation. They had a chance to play a major role in developing the younger players. The other sports at Ryle seem to take a different approach or at least it appears to be different. I hope that the situation is different this year because it just divides the team.

 

Selfishness would the key component for last year's seniors. Every team will fight it, but when your seniors are the ones that possess this quality, it can create quite a mess. I am not sure if this year's seniors will possess the same selfishness, but only time will tell if they have the ingredients to be great leaders.

 

I would disagree that the other sports take a different approach. I think they all take the same approach, your seniors SHOULD be your leaders, unfortunately they are not always leading the way the coaches would like them to. This years Football is perfect example, last year they had great leadership, with Gray and Murray leading the way, this week coach Warner said in the paper that the difference between this past week and against SK was they played as a team and this implied that they had been playing selfishly prior to that.

 

Every team battles selfishness and needs good team leaders. Unfortunately, all teams do not always get it and this can lead to disappointing seasons as happened last year with the Raiders BBall team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.