Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ironlung

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ironlung

  1. Beechwood, St. Henry & Newport all might have something to say about that this year!
  2. 9th Region Player of the Year in 1975 I beleive!
  3. I bet Tubby wished he had Lofton out in Kansas Saturday! I know I did!
  4. In general I'd say the 9th top to bottom, year in year out. Not sure about this year because I haven't seen any 10th teams yet. I do know that Brossart never won a title in the 9th but they won the title in their first or second year in the 10th. This may not mean anything , but to me it was a good gauge.
  5. Right now, I'd have to say Beechwood would be the favorite in the 9th. Good showing vs CovCath & South Laurel. Beechwood Holy Cross New Cath St Henry
  6. They shot poorly from beyond the arc, but it didn't seem like they shot too bad from the field in general. Edmonson missed a lot of threes, and they got many layups like Holmes always does. HC just played good hard defense when Holmes was in their half court offenses.
  7. Not at all! Just a good defensive game on both ends, while HC couldn't throw it in the ocean!
  8. HC was 6 of 25 from the line. Seems like they shot about 20% from the field. Bulldogs are the real deal! HC will make some noise before it's over I think.
  9. Most players I've talked to have loved playing at Thomas More & a lot really liked Holmes. This is not for atmosphere but rather just comfort in general. They really liked the spring in the floor at TM and the rims (shooting environment) at Holmes. As far as atmosphere, I'd say Holy Cross. It's the prettiest gym in NoKy with the wood ceiling/beams and the fans are super close to the action. The fans who are in the stands are usually the rowdy students, while the parents/adults who don't wish to get rowdy can enjoy the game in the chairs behind the benchs.
  10. Thanks for the welcome SK fan! Thanks for correcting me on Joe Stark too. I remember Fookes & Gooch, but not well enough to include on my "short list". I'm sure they were both great players though.
  11. CovCath- Randy Noll, George Schlomer, Roger Tieman, Richard Derkson, Joe Voskhul,John VonLehman, Holy Cross- Jerry Rump, Dave Hickey, Turkey Jones, Andre McClendon, Todd Houston, Erik Goetz, Joe Harney Holmes- Doug Schlomer, John Wimzie, Dicky Beal, Jack Jennings NewCath- Phil Popp, Rick Batsche, Carl Foster, Ron Dawn Jr & Sr, Ken Wilfong, John Brannen Beechwood- Larry Miller Bellevue- Bill Nagel, Lenny Bays, Steve Ridder Newport- Steve Fields, John Turner St Henry- Jim Henghold, Bucky Steffen, Kevin Timon, Robby Padgett Highlands- Scott Draud, Dave Druck, Derek Smith, Jeff Fischer, Mark Wendel Simon Kenton- Troy McKinley, Jeff Krohman, Joe Stark Lloyd- George Baker Conner- Ricky Hicks, Tony Faehr Just a few names off the top of my head SK fan!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.