Everything posted by iPapi
-
2008 Belfry
Shane Blackburn...and he is closer to 6'3". He's a tough kid with some good football and basketball genes. His mom was an Oliver and his dad is Kenny Blackburn. Other sophomores to be that could contribute are Josh Francis HB/CB, Nathan Carroll HB/S, Garret Francis G/LB, James Hardin T/DT, and Morgan Bentley QB/DE. I'm sure I left off a few names, but those were the first to pop into my head.
-
Pike County Bowl moved to Shelby Valley on Fri. night
^Leaving well enough alone isn't good enough for anyone these days.
-
Pike County Bowl moved to Shelby Valley on Fri. night
Then why is the BOE overriding the committee in this circumstance.
-
Pike County Bowl moved to Shelby Valley on Fri. night
^Maybe they're are angry because the Pike Co. Board decided to take the bowl away from a "county" school while an independent school is still hosting a game.
-
Slone Impressive!!
1st round of the 15th Region tourney in '04, in a loss versus Shelby Valley. Great tourney that Shelby Valley won in the title game against Belfry's football team in basketball uniforms.
-
Holmes vs Paintsville Predictions
No, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all. I just really didn't know how the game went. Thanks for the info.:thumb:
-
Holmes vs Paintsville Predictions
Out of curiosity, how did the Catholic/Paintsville game go during the regular season. By the way, Holmes can definitely run with Paintsville.
-
Holmes vs Paintsville Predictions
If Paintsville's PG plays well and commits few tournovers the Tigers will have a shot at the end to wind. If he doesn't, the game will be over quickly.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Man, you're way ahead of the radio. Thanks for the updates.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
It definitely should be.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Of course, if there wasn't defensive pressure I could probably play the point for Paintsville. Seems like J-Town has turned up the heat.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Slone is a player...He might not be D-I material, but this kid is a gamer & a heckuva highschool player.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
They're about 6 deep and that might be stretching things.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Indeed!:thumb:
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Turnovers are killing Paintsville. Their PG is their wildcard. Paintsville goes as he goes, as do most teams with their PG, and if he plays well they can play with any team in the tourney. Right now, he isn't playing very well.:creepy:
-
The Sleeper Team
Holmes is a team a lot of people don't talk about, but I don't know if that qualifies them as a sleeper. IMO they are as capable of winning the tourney as anyone.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
"Central, out of the 6th Region, lost to Owensboro on Wednesday afternoon. If J-town, out of the 7th Region, falls to Paintsville, it’ll mean a first-round exit from the Sweet Sixteen for both Louisville teams for the first time since 1996 when Fairdale and Ballard lost in the first session." - Mike Fields I think Mike Fields has been reading your blog, Les. This was posted on his blog a good 10 mintues after I saw it here.
-
Les Dixon's Paintsville vs. Jeffersontown Blog
Sounds like a fastpaced game...Since this is the only time of the year I root for Paintsville, GO TIGERS!!!
-
Which part of the state has the best football?
Belfry beat NCC 7-6 on NCC's way to a championship run in '06. Does that make it a little more clear for you, sweetheart?
-
Which part of the state has the best football?
Belfry beat NCC on its way to their '06 championship run.
-
Which part of the state has the best football?
Highest quality - Lousiville area Most competitive - From Lexington straight up I-75 to NKY, or Greater Cincinnati area.
-
Letcher Central/Perry Central Updates
Anybody know whats going on with this matchup?
-
Pike County Bowl 2008
Agreed!
-
Pike County Bowl 2008
This is what I've heard, too. I've also heard that Belfry won't be hosting a game at all this year. IMO, this is the problem with letting the other Pike Co. schools into the Community Trust Bank Bowl game. At first, they were just happy to be playing, but now it isn't just good enough for them to be playing in the bowl and they feel they should host games. In truth, Belfry and Shelby Valley are the only stadiums with seating and parking adequate enough to host the bowl, but the game belongs at Pikeville if you go by tradition. I like the game format that has been used the past couple of years in that a set of games are played at Belfry one night, then Pikeville the next. They are the two most tradition rich programs in Pike Co. and have earned the right to host the bowl by their success on the field. Other county schools should be content for now with being involved in the game, and if not let's have only Belfry & Pikeville in the bowl and rotate the game each year between the two schools.
-
14th Region draw
Where is the tourney being played???