Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Italian Stallion

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Italian Stallion

  1. I agree about Hurd. I don't understand how he didn't win it.
  2. To say that anybody is "without question" better than Hester or Hurd is ludicrous. Neeley maybe the better player, but if he is, he's definitely not much better than Hester. And Hurd averaged a double-double all year, and led the state in field goal percentage.
  3. So your sayin Neeley will play bad or good just because he didnt win the POY. Come on that is not going through his head when he is playing. He has one thing on his mind and that is winning and getting to the regionals. The only people that seem to worry so much about POY and COY is us.
  4. But he didnt. The coaches voted Hester and he is the POY. Maybe if Owen wins and Neeley and Hester can square off then we will know if the coaches voted correctly or not. So lets talk about the game. Gallatin by 6, get a lead early and coast to victory.
  5. But Bibbins isn't dominated. :confused:
  6. Ha. My "big deal" comment wasn't even supposed to be directed at you. I didn't even realize that you said "no big deal" at the beginning of that post. I was simply stating how cool it is that he'll be able to attend such a quality school.
  7. A scholarship to Georgetown is a pretty big deal. Tuition there is something like $22,000. That's an incredible oppurtunity.
  8. Interesting. That is an impressive class.
  9. Same Joe Stark I'm thinking of?
  10. I wonder when the last time Northern Kentucky had 3 of the top 5 candidates for Mr. Basketball was, before that year.
  11. He also shot a lot more that game, his shoulder wasn't bothering him near as much. And he can throw it down, he can windmill.
  12. Good call, he's started all but 5 games for EKU and is the leading rebounder. But that wasn't my point. My point was he dominated Neltner head to head, and anybody that went to the games saw that, and seeing as how he also bounced Highlands from regionals, I don't understand how he got Mr. Basketball. I'm not saying Neltner isn't a good player, I really like him, because I really like Vandy.
  13. Ehh. I wouldn't bring the CovCath game into consideration, he was hurt pretty badly. That's kinda like bringing up the fact that Hester didn't dominate against Ryle when he obviously should've. I agree about athleticism, that's definitely an issue. But Hurd can throw it down pretty easily, Steiner just prefers he lays it in. Both he and Elbert dunk in warm-ups if they feel like it.
  14. I agree, he obviously has the ability to play at NKU. There's no question IMO. I think it's pretty set that he'll be at Georgetown next year, but I'd still like him to stay close to home, I'd get to see him more.
  15. I agree. SK's team 4 years ago with Brock, Kannady, Stowers, Reid, and Nevels would give this team a pretty good run for their money. Actually, I think they'd beat them pretty bad. But it'd sure be fun to watch Brock and Hurd battle, they're both about the same heighth, but are completely different players. Brock has the advantage, IMO, because of his athletic ability. I still don't know how Neltner won Mr. Basketball over Brock that year, in their two head to head meetings, Brock put a clinic to Neltner. Especially in the Regional Semi-Final, Brock absolutely dominated that game. It's a shame he signed with EKU so early, he could've had a chance to go somewhere better had he waited until the end of his Senior year. Nevels on Hester would also have been fun to watch.
  16. This may be so, but if he didn't have the ability to play at that level, then surely he'd be exposed, the fans would be calling for the coaches head, and it'd be obvious to everyone. However, the only time I've heard anything negative about McFarland playing is in this discussion. I'm an NKU fan. I go to nearly every game. I am not biased towards McFarland, I am biased towards the team. So if it seemed like McFarland shouldn't be in the line-up, I'd say so. And from where I'm sitting, it seems like he absolutely deserves to be playing.
  17. I think it's embarrassing for the district. I don't think it was a shot at Simon Kenton at all. But it probably is the worst district in the state, there's not arguing that.
  18. Well I completely disagree. Because I've been at nearly every NKU game this year, and I think they've done nothing except help the team. Bibbins contributions have been limited because of his injury, but when he plays he does well. McFarland does little on the offensive end, he sets a lot of picks, and swings the ball, that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but that's not why he's in the game. He does very well on defense, whether that shows up on the stat sheet or not, it's obvious to everyone who watches the games. He's still 3rd on the team in assists and he has the least turnovers of anybody playing regularly. You're correct about him not being as good at Wright, Schappell, or Finnel. But I think that Teague has been more of a liability than McFarland has, whether he's a DI transfer or not, yo would've been better off to go with Humphrey. And those 4 can't play every mintue of the game anyway, so any minutes that are taken away from them are warrented.
  19. It's a shame to see what size can do. I think there are a lot of players in NKY that with a few more inches would be getting DI considerations.
  20. How many NKU games have you watched his year? They're both key contributors. McFarland usually takes his guy completely out of the game and Bibbins runs the point well. If you haven't been to a game, maybe go to one before you give your - what appears to me to be biased and completely wrong - opinion. If you have been to a game, pay closer attention.
  21. I've thought that maybe he shouldn't start either. But if the coaches think he should, then he should; they definitely know more about it than those on the outside do. Either way, he definitely doesn't hurt the team as OldBird implied.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.