Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. If the administration has any backbone and fires the coach, I'll apply and we WILL score. Come watch us Run and Gun and we wont defend any so we can get it back and shoot it. The 3's will Rain and you better be ready for a track meet if you play my team.
  2. A regulation game is 32 minutes same as cash. Oops. I think its all boring and I think that guy at Raceland may have been the guy that started all this slow down ball. He idolized some of the tactics that the Greenup former coach used. I thought we got rid of that down the road, now Hicks does it too. Morgan will run and shoot, but they dont want to let the other team score. They grab and push and hold like those old Greenup teams. Where are the Loyola Marymounts' of the 16th Region?
  3. You got me all right. I started my post going with a hypothetical, changed it and went to a real comparison and forgot to change the first sentence from Male to Apollo, before I clicked the post button, then editted one word. This will be my last reply to you, because after every post I make I return to see that you have added or editted your previous posts. How many rebuttals do you want to have? If you were doing your closing statements you would have the judge give you additional remarks. Many times at a school the size of Raceland it has little to do with the feeder program when you have 25 to 30 kids in a class to choose from. We had a class a couple years ago that had 0 basketball players, 0 baseball players and 1 football player in a graduating class. There frankly were no athletes in the class. You going to tell me at a school the size of PRP with 235 boys per class they wont find some athletes a little easier than Raceland with 30? I've enjoyed our exchange....
  4. You must be the king of edit. It's stupid to think that numbers have nothing to do with why small schools cant consistenly compete with large schools. You keep telling us numbers arent the reason, tell us what it is. Why dont small schools compete? You have yet to explain it to us. You refer to the NCAA. Why do they have Division 2 and Division 3 Championships??? Not anything to do with size Im sure.
  5. Numbers have a lot to do with it. I doubt Apollo will ever have to dress (6) 8th Grade kids to fill out a varsity roster. But you said we should have a team that should make a run in a few years, that is what I was referring to. I'm pretty pumped since you made me realize that. Now you say we wont make a run. Which is it?
  6. Went with Apollo for reality. Was using Male as a hypothetical. So just from these breakdowns of players per class you think this team should make a run at a state title?
  7. No, but he did say on national television that the NCAA Tournament wasnt fair to the small schools. So someone is saying it.
  8. Lets give your logic benefit of the doubt as to why you classify football and you dont basketball. If Apollo dresses 15 and Raceland dresses 15 in basketball it is fair, correct? To fill out those 15 players, Apollo has 3 seniors, 7 juniors, 5 sophomores. Raceland has 0 seniors, 6 juniors, 1 sophomore, 2 freshmen, 6 8th graders. Is that fair?
  9. They got an extra 4 minutes. In 32 they held Graves to 37. Sorry to bust your bubble Shooter. Dont be trying to build up this terrible Russell team. We've already decided to fire all coaches from Russell, South Laurel, and John Hardin.
  10. Bryant Gumble said on Real Sports on HBO just last week.
  11. I cant believe that in 3 pages of posts that noone has pointed out that consolidation is the main reason this is even a topic. Someone mentioned Cuba and Carr Creek, do these schools exist today? How about Lexington, Union Academy, London, Corinth, Kavanaugh, Tolu, Horse Cave, just to name a few? It's incredible to me that anyone can believe you can find 5 equally talented players in a group of 200 as easily as you can 2000. If you put 2000 Apples vs 200 Apples my chances of finding 5 better in that 2000 is much greater. If numbers don't matter as some of you say. Why do we have Classes for Track? It's one on one for many of the events. And why does the winner of last years Class A 100 Meter Dash run no better than tied for 4th if he runs in Class AAA? Here we aren't looking for 5 on 5, 11 on 11, or 22 on 22. It's one on one baby, if it doesnt matter why doesn't Class A run as fast as Class AAA??? Must be poor coaching or bad work habits from these A school kids.
  12. I am honored to be in such special company.
  13. You're quite welcome. Hope you enjoyed your trip to the temple. You were one of only 16 teams to experience that special feeling this season.
  14. I appreciate the nice comments from my BGP's buddies. I was knocking on all of those fans from other schools as well as those from Russell dogging the coaches. Along with the many fans that gripe about scores being so low. My team, Raceland, is consistently badgered for slowing the game down, not taking enough shots, blah, blah, blah. I wonder if Graves has fans that complain about them playing slowly while applying suffocating defense? Wonder if those same people are complaining now that they are 2 wins from a State Championship? Champion the teams that make the big dance, they along with their coaches deserve thanks and congratulations for such an achievement. It doesnt matter if you believe the teams are the best from their respective regions. These were the 16 teams that won 3 games in their regional tourney's and danced all the way to Lexington. Let's give them all some credit.
  15. I appreciate it. Thanks. I wanted it to go for a while before I showed my true colors. A lot of fans from the 16th were blistering Russell the other day for scoring 27 points and I just wanted to spoof a bit when in the same 32 minutes of playing time that the State's Defending Champ South Laurel only scored 37 against the same team. I honestly could care less what the score is from game to game. If a group of kids give 100% and lay it on the line, I'm tickled to death. Scoring is a reflection of so many things, and certainly does NOT necessarily equate to bad basketball or bad basketball teams.
  16. Are there any coaches in this region or state for that matter that you like???
  17. Now how can a guy run a scam if you are going to rat me out???
  18. A game is 32 minutes and in that 32 minutes Graves and South only scored 37 points. Dont you think that is a disgrace to the game of basketball and these teams dont deserve to be at Rupp? Most people think we should get some teams in there that can SCORE.
  19. Graves held them to 37 in regulation. South scored 8 in the OT.
  20. She should. She certainly has the athletic ability to play for the Wildcats or Lady Cats of Kentucky. :thumb: If the KHSAA would enforce Title IX and play the State Tourney in Rupp like the boys maybe she would get that opportunity to play there next season with Raceland!!! :thumb:
  21. Im not quite sure why we play basketball in Kentucky anymore. 20's, 30's, 40's. The coaches of all these teams are whose to blame.
  22. What an embarrassment. South Laurel can score only 37 points in a game. Maybe they should consider firing the coach. These teams dont deserve to play in the state tournament, Russell and South Laurel. Oh yeah, John Hardin only got 33in their game, these teams should possibly cancel basketball and concentrate on another sport.
  23. In the 4th quarter, Graves ran off 1:25 & 1:48 on 2 seperate possessions, and did not attempt a Field Goal until there was 1:12 left in the quarter, and was just 0-5 in the period and 3 of those 5 shots were in the last :07. I'm not saying the Devils played great because they didnt, scoring but 23 points thru 3 quarters. But the 27 total is not all the Devils doing, offensively or defensively. Plus they only lost by 15 points, everyone is making it seem like this was worse than it truthfully was. 5 of the 8 teams that took the floor at Rupp today couldn't muster 50. It doesnt matter what Elliott, Morgan, Fairview, Greenup, Raceland, Ashland could have done. Bottomline is those teams didnt put 3 games together in Morehead to get the opportunity to show us what they could do at Rupp. Russell represented our region and deserves much more support than most of you guys are giving them.
  24. I agree!!! Glad she will be back next season along with all of her teammates for the Lady Rams. I believe she has an excellent shot to become the schools all-time leading scorer next season. I can't wait for next season to roll around!!!!
  25. Thanks Again Bea. Quote from this thread: The ref's tried to cheat for our victory..But our boys, coaches, and fans made us proud. You know you cannot do wrong and get by with it - we prevailed because we played hard and our boys were not doing all those fouls...Two of our tops fouled out....We held together and WON.....We are Russell and We are Proud. I admire those boys.... Nets: I heard that there was a song out there about Elliott beating Ashland, but not about winning the Region. I am not certain because I did not hear it personally. I also heard that there were 500 Morgan 61st District Champs shirts printed prior to the start of the tournament. You know anything about that?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.