Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. Are we talking about the same NCH team that beat Ironton, OH by 5 in the state championship game last year? They are going to beat MOST D-2 and D-3 teams? Oak Hill is a team I would not consider in this equation, since they are truthfully only a high school team in name. They are a prep school that basically recruits players from across the nation.
  2. I was told that a Rose Hill player from this past season was moving to NC. Anyone know about this? I know there are family connections there, so I felt the rumor might actually have some factual basis. At the risk of drawing the ire of Scooter. I thought the christian thing to do was to try to bring people together. Driving a wedge between the two programs frankly in my opinion is not the correct way to forge some common ground. I doubt there is truthfully that many people that feel that a complete disconnect of two schools that are about a mile apart is the perfect solution. If RickyP and I can forge a civil relationship surely everyone from these two schools can. By the way I never got my meal from RickyP at the Hitchin Post in Frenchburg.:thumb:
  3. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Built my little girls a puppet stage once. :thumb:
  4. Ashland cant do that, they are a public school. Rose Hill can being a private christian school. It was a good thought though.
  5. 46 posts already. Sweet. Is it safe to say that all of us can get along just fine when talking of Rose Hill and Ashland? Can the core of Ashland fans respect the upcoming Royals and likewise can the Rose Hill fans respect the rich tradition of the Tomcats???
  6. Heard that Raceland defeated West Jessamine in Cocoa Beach, FL. Former Raceland head coach Jody Hamilton is the top guy at West Jessamine now after leading Boyd Co. to state prominence. Curious what the outlook was this season for Hamilton and West Jess.
  7. Hines Ward plays football without an ACL. Not disputing what you say could happen, just saying there are instances out there of competitors playing without the benefit of the ACL. I believe former Buffalo Bills Running Back Thurman Thomas also played with a torn or missing ACL.
  8. I understand that there is a big contingent out there that disagrees with Lex Cath and the way things are. But this was a Lexington Newpaper that awarded the trophy to a Lexington Player. As a Knights fan, if you saw the tournament, or if you look at the Stats I posted of the two players, could you see that possibly the Terry girl was Most Valuable?
  9. Catholic had basically 3 walkovers, (no offense to their opponents) the games of the tourney certainly didnt push the Lady Knights, plus they came from the top bracket with an additional days rest, and as deep as their bench they all should have been rested. Rose Hill came from the bottom bracket, 1. No Rest Day, 2. 2 tough games, 3. Virtually playing 6 players, 4. Late game Saturday morning played down to the wire, 5. A less than 100% Kala Faulkner. Catholic should have been the fresher team and the press they applied, Rose Hill basically blew thru with ease. I'm certainly not saying the Lady Royals beat Catholic with everyone rested and fresh in a single game, single night setting, but all of the advantages lie at the feet of Lex Cath in this championship game and Rose Hill gave them all they wanted. I don't believe under different circumstances the game is a 30 point blowout.
  10. Where are the usual Rose Hill posters? There are a few on the POY thread, rallying for their competitors. Don't they have an opinion on this question? Just curious what they think!!!
  11. Just to put some stats to this, like the POY Thread in the Girls Basketball Category on BGP. Laura Terry 97 Pts. 24.2 PPG, 12-24 3 PT FG 50%, 32-48 FG 66.7%, 36 Reb 9 RPG, 16 Blocks, 6 Assists, 5 Steals. Keyla Snowden 66 Pts. 16.5 PPG, 10-21 3 PT FG 47.6%, 18-27 FG 66.6%, 10 Reb 2.5 RPG, 0 Blocks, 0 Assists, 7 Steals. Terry's performance put her in the top ten in several tournament records, including a best (6) 3 point FG in the history of the championship game.
  12. In the modern history of the Girls Tournament it has happened twice, that the MVP was from the runner-up. How many people believe that if the situation was reversed and the Lady Knights lost and it was a Lex Cath girl that performed as Terry did in the tournament that she would have received it?
  13. I frankly thought Laura Terry was the MVP hands down. The Award says Most Valuable Player. Not Most Valuable Player on The Winning Team. Just my take on the tourney.
  14. Excellent job Lady Royals. Great run for the 16th region.
  15. Kala Faulkner: 21.2 PPG 47.8 FG% 34.6 3 PTFG% 77.9 FT% Brandi Rayburn: 14.9 PPG 55.2 FG% 85.7 FT% (Led the State) Both teams had 20 win seasons. Got these stats from various sites on the net....
  16. :D Old Rambler said Whitney Spears, I thought maybe she has been hiding something from us, the basketball is just a cover. Maybe she can sing the national anthem for us next season. OldRambler knows Im just kiddin' though. Those slips of the keyboard cost you some razzing sometimes. I can't lose friends that use the Rambler though, not many of us remember the real Ramblers.
  17. This was a thread about Whitney Seals. Now Jay Bilas makes Raceland the favorite, WVBoy declines the Raceland invitation to be pre-season District favorite all the while complimenting the Raceland staff on something, I'm not sure what. Possibly better dressers than the Russell staff. Bball Observer is hot that noone gives Greenup and Lewis some airtime. And Old Rambler has made Whitney a Rock Star with her hit "Hit Me Baby One More Time". On a serious note about district favorites since Jay brings it up. I will agree with WVBoy that until Greenup, Lewis, or Raceland beats the Lady Devils they will always be the favorites. I also congratulate Whitney and Paige Porter on their EKC Awards as well as all the other girls in the EKC conference.
  18. Russell returns 2 1,000 Point scorers and 4 starters, I'm sure they will be a formidable opponent.
  19. Not sure where that rumor got started, noone said it here on preps did they? Do you have inside information otherwise?
  20. I couldnt resist, but Apollo is from Owensboro. They beat Louisville PRP. So it did'nt happen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.