Everything posted by Thunderstruck
-
Williamsburg Job
You are right.....I was wondering how your tennis teams and Volleyball teams did this past season.
-
Williamsburg Job
There are two Mike Croleys assoicated with with Williamsburg. 1. Mike Croley, Class of 1982. Currently assitant football coach at Scott Co. 2. Mike Croley AKA Willard Croley class of early 70's. Former teacher at Williamsburg and current resident of the state of Florida, or at least last time I heard.
-
Mike Deaton New Head Coach at Whitley County
I seriously don't know where that figure came from, but I am sure it is on the high side of reality. LOL People are putting way more into it that is true. Now if he wins and wins quickly, it could be worth it.
-
Mike Deaton New Head Coach at Whitley County
I sure hope so...the most important surpise could be....................... Winning!!!!!!!!!
-
Williamsburg Job
Kids leaving Whiltey and going to Williamsburg....wishful thinking on the part of the Yellow Jacket Faithful. Whiltey is not the Whitley of the old days, they have more sports offered, more facilities, and more importantly, more AP classes and more choices of reagular classes. I think in many ways the Colonels have surpassed the Yellow Jackets.
-
Mike Deaton New Head Coach at Whitley County
Talk to Mike Deaton, I am sure he will have some idea of that, he has scouted them and sees something worth taking a chance on. I am sure he already has some surprising stuff lined up.
-
Mike Deaton New Head Coach at Whitley County
Whitley County is not that bad, they have some young talant and shoud be on the up swing. I am sure that Mike Deaton will have some "new" players out that have not played in a couple of years.
-
New Whitley County coach...
Mike Deaton was officially named as Head Basketball Coach at Whitley County High School today (Tuesday). It is truely an exciting day when a coach of Mike Deaton's caliber takes over the program. Good Luck Coach Mike Deaton, you have the support of the Colonel Nation.
-
13th Preseason top 5
Corbin will be good, but they have to rebuild. They may get to be a top 5 team but they won't be at the start of the season. Too many starters lost.
-
13th Preseason top 5
I find that very interesting that Middlesboro is number 1, since the varsity coach went to the middle school's coach and asked for some 8th graders. Of course that was to fill spots since only about 12 kids are playing right now. Skip Fredy...gone...Emmert...gone.....bunches of kids...gone.
-
New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football
After this thread went south I stopped reading or posting. I am a close personal friend of Mike Campbell and there was nobody sadder to see him go than my whole family. Mike Campbell built a program at Whiltey where only a team was there when he arrived. He had some great teams and individuals. He grew as a coach and as a person as the program grew. He gave of himself to see that the program continued to grow. He coached harder this past season than I had seen him coach and NOBODY wanted Whitley County's Red Storm to have success more than Mike Campbell. I look forward to seeing Benji have great success in the future. I was sorry to see everthing that has been posted here about the new coach and am sure that Mike Campbell would not have approved. I wish Coach Gentry the best of Luck as he takes over the program. I will continue to support the program as I have done in the past and look forward to Whitley having great success in the future also. As the thread states this is a new era in Whitley County Football and I was looking forward to seeing positive things about the program here, but........... With that in mind.... This will be Thunderstruck's last post Peace Out!
-
New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football
1 a : a fixed point in time from which a series of years is reckoned b : a memorable or important date or event; especially : one that begins a new period in the history of a person or thing 2 : a system of chronological notation computed from a given date as basis 3 a : a period identified by some prominent figure or characteristic feature b : a stage in development (as of a person or thing) c : a large division of geologic time usually shorter than an eon By defination it is a new era. Don't try to read things into it.
-
South Laurel 96 Whitley Co. 66
True, but Whitley showed vast improvement, they played hard and even with the starters for south in the game, broke the press several times. The sun don't shine on the same dog eveyday, and it sure has been cloudy for Whiltey for sometime, but I think brighter days are ahead if they continue to work hard and play with intensity.
-
Corbin73 Whitley Co. 55
Whitley played hard and showed improvement. They are young and need to build on the way they played. Corbin is a pretty good team, but they need to show more to be competitive in the regioin. Coach P does a great job getting his teams to peak at the right time and I am sure that this year will be no different. Congrats to Whitley on the continued improvement and to the Redhounds for the solid win.
-
New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football
Judgeone, I don't know anymore than you do....although you seem to have more inside information than Topgun and he was the one who broke the story on Mike Campbell resigning. Maybe Topgun knows something?
-
New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football
You are right but not everyone can play in the west in AA. I can recall several thread where you were putting him down and now he is a martyre....Life is so funny. If that was the reason he would still be there. If it were that simple life would be great. You can be assured that Coach Gentry will be scheduling challenging games for his team.
-
New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football
Now that Roger Gentry has taken over the Whitley County Football program, it will begin a new era. Mike Campbell did wonders but now it is time to move on. I believe that Coach Gentry will revitalize the program and bring the excitement back. I expect GREAT things from him and the coaching staff. With all of the talk, it will be interesting to see what type of offense, (nobody really knows for sure), and what type of defense. I don't see any givens, and I am sure that there will be alot of people watching closely for all the new developments. Good Luck Coach Gentry and staff.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
I think that is just wishful thinking on your part.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
I would think that all would be considered and welcome...although I think that any coach would at least get a couple of spots for his own guys.....
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
It is official. Roger Gentry is the new Head Football Coach at Whiltey County.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
Regardless of who the named coach will be, it is very important to get behind him and support the program. It won't do any good to question the whys of the reasons he is there. Unfortunatley Coach Campbell won't be there, but undermining the new coach won't bring him back.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
Agreed, but sometimes people at the top feel it is time for a change. Successful will be defined in a several ways..... 1. More kids out.(Better player retention) 2. More Wins 3. More people in the stands. 4. More excitement around the program. 5. More support for the program from the parents. As always it will be interesting, anytime there is a new coach there is a new excitement around any program. The new prespective won't hurt the program.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
Listen I don't care if they run it every play, as long as they are successful....
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
Obviously you did not see Cumberland play this year......... The Patriots threw the ball consistantly in the neighborhood of 18-20 times a game and had one of the best reciever in the MSC....... Besides it does not matter, Chuck King is the head man at Cumberland not Roger Gentry, and he will be running his offense, not Coach Kings.
-
Coaching Change at Whitley
Interesting information. Where and how did you get it? Excellant Choice, if it is true.